News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for caringtype1

Member Name: caringtype1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

HEAD OVER HEELS Previews
 Jun 24 2018, 01:22:39 AM

I thought it was fun, but not much else. The inherent juxtaposition between the music and the story's setting was cool and fun. I was loving it for the first fifteen minutes, then it started wearing pretty thin for me. The mileage you'll get out of it will probably depend on how much you like the music. I only knew about four of the songs. I agree this should have been no more than ninety minutes long. Costumes the choreography were both great. Rachel York was wonderful. l

CAROUSEL or MY FAIR LADY?
 Dec 8 2017, 10:15:03 PM

My Fair Lady because it's the superior musical imo and the director has a better track record than the director of Carousel. 

Josie and the Pussycats cover Rent's Out Tonight on CW's Riverdale
 Nov 7 2017, 09:47:36 PM

Most teenagers today have at least heard of Rent. Most likely they haven't ever seen it or will be able to recognize that song, but many teenagers, especially ones that watch a super pop culture reference heavy show like Riverdale, will be able to tell you what Rent is, or at the very least they will know Seasons of Love. 

CHILDREN OF A LESSER GOD to Play Studio 54 This Spring
 Aug 17 2017, 12:21:14 AM

I just binge-watched Dawson's Creek on Hulu for the first time, so I am looking forward to this. 

Singing in the Rain Revival?
 Dec 19 2016, 07:20:43 PM

The version that was being talked about for Broadway was the Paris production from 2015, which was based on the movie, not the original Broadway production. I saw it and it was almost identical to the movie. I thought it was truly excellent. I would definitely see it again if it came to Broadway.

We Really Do Need a CAMELOT Revival
 Dec 3 2016, 03:53:15 PM

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "Steven Pasquale for Lancelot?

"

YES

We Really Do Need a CAMELOT Revival
 Dec 3 2016, 03:50:10 PM

Camelot is my all-time favorite musical. I hope it eventually is revived on broadway!

Carmen Cusack at 54 below
 Aug 15 2016, 03:43:20 PM

Wish I could have seen this. Those videos were great, thanks for sharing them. "Heart of the Dreamer" and "I Have You" are included on Martin & Brickell's second album, So Familiar, which is basically all reworked songs from Bright Star. "Yes She Did" is on Martin & Brickell's first album. As much as I love Edie's voice, Carmen Cusack singing these songs is just incredible. 

Cats Previews
 Jul 16 2016, 02:52:24 PM

People seem to have a hard time with the "no plot" thing, but musicals ( or plays, movies, etc.) don't need to have a plot. Plot is only one tool available to writers to convey whatever it is they are trying to convey. For Cats, dance and the design elements are used to a create a tone, which when coupled with Eliot's poems create something different and meaningful (Yes, if you read the poems there is some commentary on communities and one's place within a community

Cats Previews
 Jul 15 2016, 12:41:38 AM

Just got home. I didn't really know much about the show, I had never seen it before and the only song I knew was Memory. I loved it. I thought it was a bizarre, beautiful exercise in tone. The costumes and the lighting were, in particular, excellent. The dancing was fantastic. Not all of the numbers worked for me, for example the train number kind of dragged. Leona Lewis was fine for most of it, but she really sold me when she sang Memory in the second act. 

Cats Previews
 Jul 12 2016, 04:57:57 PM

I have tickets for Thursday night. Didn't see the original so I'm looking forward to it.

The Taming of the Shrew- Shakespeare in the Park
 May 29 2016, 01:58:16 PM

I saw the show on 5/27 and I don't remember the audience being silent during the second half. I enjoyed this production very much. The cast was quite good, especially the actress playing Kate. 

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Feb 26 2016, 12:40:46 AM

I loved it. I was careful not to set my expectations too high, not being much of a fan of bluegrass, but it was wonderful. The score, I thought, was quite beautiful, played gorgeously by the band. Carmen Cusack was just terrific, as was the rest of the cast. As far as Tonys, I'd say Score is it's best chance at a nomination. The best actress category is so crowded this year Cusack probably won't get in, but she should at least be in the conservation. There isn't much to the se

BRIGHT STAR Previews
 Feb 23 2016, 03:47:15 PM

I'm going on Thursday

Broadway Before And After
 Nov 28 2015, 11:57:41 PM

The Day Before Spring Awakening 

Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!
 Nov 23 2015, 03:33:27 PM

Saw this production in Paris last year and it was stunning. The production design and projections were excellent, as were the costumes and rain effect. The dancing was also pretty great.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You