News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for rdsport323

Member Name: rdsport323
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jul 6 2016, 02:36:19 AM

CercleRouge said: "When did Thursday matinee start happening?

"

I made a thread about this.. It's because they are doing away with Sunday shows, and replacing it with Mondays.  but since this week's Monday was independance day, they needed to fill a slot to have 8 total shows this week.

And what is up with Wed matinee stubhub prices?  so low compared to the rest of this week?  is Lin not performing that day?  as

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jul 4 2016, 02:09:21 AM

so, from Tuesday to Saturday, there are 8 performances, will Lin be performing at all of them?  Does anyone know if he plans on taking any breaks since it is his last week?

what about any of the other principle cast members?

LMM & Hillary and Hamilton Give-a Way  Jun 25 2016, 10:16:42 PM

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/284921-hamilton-to-take-center-stage-at-clinton-fundraiser

July 7th Thurs, matinee for Hamilton?  Jun 25 2016, 01:14:42 AM

yeah that could be a possibility, but since these tickets were on sale since September of last year, this must have been planned WAY back then...

just seemed odd to me

July 7th Thurs, matinee for Hamilton?  Jun 24 2016, 04:31:06 PM

Anyone know why they are having a matinee on the Thursday, July 7th for Hamilton?

I was surprised they were selling it.. could it be because of the exodus of the 3 stars leaving?  And since these tickets have been on sale for awhile, was this planned way in advance?

How do they do that?  Nov 26 2015, 11:19:28 PM

Does anyone know how they did/do the tricks on Pippin?

That's what I am the most curious about.  I can't remember the tricks specifically but I do remember watching the show and thinking.. WOW.

Fun Home Contracts  Sep 19 2015, 03:04:45 AM

I went to the matinee show this Wednesday and Gabriella was performing.  Seems like Sydney has been absent for a week now. 

I have nothing to compare Gabriella to since it was my first time seeing the show, so I thought she did well.

how funny is Something Rotten vs. BOM?  Sep 16 2015, 12:02:20 PM

Thanks for the suggestions all.. Yeah I mistyped my title.. Of the three shows, I've only seen BOM so I wanted to compare the two to it.

But I think I will settle with Avenue Q.  Someone in front of me at the TKTS line said that SR was hard to understand even though they incorporate a lot of plays into the story which was very well written or something to that effect.  

And the person who said Fun Home was better, I'm actually seeing that this Matine

how funny is Something Rotten vs. BOM?  Sep 15 2015, 11:53:07 PM

I'm trying to decide which show to watch tomorrow night, and I've narrowed it down to Something Rotten or Avenue Q.  I've heard that both are quite hilarious but I have very little to no knowledge of what either two are about.

Deaf West's Spring Awakening Broadway Previews  Sep 15 2015, 11:49:57 PM

I loved the "i'm ****ed" scene. 

It's the one sign thats known universally, by anyone and everyone... the middle finger!  :)

Deaf West's Spring Awakening Broadway Previews  Sep 15 2015, 03:37:31 PM

I saw this last night and I can't believe how much I enjoyed the show.

It was amazing, and the music was great.  A few questions/notes:

How come Melchior was a single person whereas Wendla, Moritz and a few others had their singing/signing counter parts?  Was it because he was talented enough to be able to sign, sing, and perform?  

I loved Katie Boeck as the voice of Wendla.. I kept thinking, wow she totally sounds like Lea Michele.

And think Melchi

Mamma Mia's Last Show  Sep 13 2015, 11:23:57 PM

Hairspray0901 said: "rdsport323 said: "For those that were there, was there any professional recording going on?  I saw a lot of cameras during the waterloo/ending.  Were they filming throughout the show or just at the end?"

I was in the mezzanine and i did not see any cameras up there. one could only hope they filmed it!!!! i would love for them to release a copy some day of their final show, as Rent did.

"

There was an afterparty after the show.. did you go to that?

https://instagram.com/p/7jYBhUMHpS/?tagged=closingnight

some of the cast even took pics like these.

https://instagram.com/p/7j2k7zGzCX/?tagged=mammamia

Mamma Mia's Last Show  Sep 13 2015, 09:44:58 PM

For those that were there, was there any professional recording going on?  I saw a lot of cameras during the waterloo/ending.  Were they filming throughout the show or just at the end?

Mamma Mia Closing Party.. anyone going?  Sep 13 2015, 01:09:21 AM

I want the footage from this guys camera... at the beginning of this video.

https://instagram.com/p/7jfa5lBBig/

Mamma Mia Closing Party.. anyone going?  Sep 13 2015, 12:32:25 AM

I was looking at #mammamia on instagram, and there are so many people with video cameras, even professional looking video cameras sitting in the front row.  I am hoping they post some of these videos up online somewhere.

If anyone knows where to find these.  Please let me know.

Mamma Mia Closing Party.. anyone going?  Sep 12 2015, 06:34:34 PM

Hairspray0901 said: "I'm going to the closing show tonight; will report back! 

Not going to the party as I'm 99% sure it is ONLY open to the cast / crew / alumni / family / friends, like most closing and opening night parties are... 

"

I thought that the closing party was going to be held like on the street of the theater.  Kind of like how they do outdoor concerts.  So wouldn't it be open

Mamma Mia Closing Party.. anyone going?  Sep 12 2015, 01:02:40 AM

I read somewhere that they are having a party for the closing.. I think either before or after the final show I forgot.  Is anyone going?

Or is anyone here going to the final show?  I wish I could but I'll be missing it.  Can anyone here live tweet what happens at the party and or include some pics?

Thanks

Mamma Mia!  Sep 7 2015, 09:03:12 PM

I LOVE MAMMA MIA... So sad it's closing.. I would give anything for a professional recording of the show. 

How likely is that to happen once this closes/ends on Broadway?  I've seen some bootlegs of spanish versions, but, it's not quite the same.

Pippin Tour?  Aug 29 2015, 12:03:56 AM

I added about 13 more pics from the show yesterday.

http://imgur.com/a/zWi8g

I also took a pic of the "noble".  I guess its not Lisa Karlson.  She didn't really have a speaking part. 

It was my first time watching the show, and at the beginning I was confused as to what was going on.  I kept asking, what time period is this happening?  I wasn't sure of the plot, but eventually I sort of understood it.  Overall, very entertaining, and great show.  I was a little disappointed that I didn't recognize any of the songs.  I love going to shows and hearing a song and thinking "WOW, so that's where that song is from."  But, none of that at this show.

Pippin Tour?  Aug 28 2015, 12:09:25 AM

http://imgur.com/gallery/zWi8g

Pic of the playbill for now 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You