pixeltracker

Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...

Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...

goldenstate5
#1Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:53am

...how awesome next year's will be instead? Seriously, I sat through all three hours complaining, "Meh, predictable. Can't this be 2009 with title of show and the Merrily revival and other, well, interesting things like that?" Yes, it was the year of the plays, but c'mon, anyone with half a brain could see that August: Osage County had it wrapped up. When your show needs to get performances by not only new, non-nominated shows, but old classics like Lion King and Rent, you know that your show is just not memorable. And man, speaking of Rent...sad...but, that's besides the point. Bring on 2009!

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#2re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:55am

Yup. The technical awards were fun to watch, but once the main ceremony began, the results got a little predictable. Ah well. ^_^

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#2re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
Posted: 6/16/08 at 3:59am

I want Julie White to host next year!

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

MuseOfComedy
#3re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
Posted: 6/16/08 at 4:54am

Julie AND Michael!

BWNUT
#4re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:37pm

...people actually pay $100 bucks to watch this dreck? (as one after another silly and embarrassing snippets (with a couple of exceptions) parade on national tv re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys... )
Updated On: 6/16/08 at 01:37 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#5re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:40pm

I Tivoed and I watched the ENTIRE show in less than 45 minutes AND this was watching the selected acceptance speeches and watching EVERY single musical performance and Whoopi's bit on the plays.

Thanks to Tivo, you don't need to waste your entire evening watching this crap anymore. re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...

Harper3 Profile Photo
Harper3
#6re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
Posted: 6/16/08 at 1:46pm

For the first year in a long time I felt that there were no surprises, which was nice because I favored the winners, but it did take a lot of the stressful-fun out of watching.

I was just relieved that the GYPSY trifecta won.

Dancin Thru Life Profile Photo
Dancin Thru Life
#7re: Did anyone keep thinking while watching the Tonys...
Posted: 6/16/08 at 2:41pm

I just kept thinking that the people in my living room better eat all those snacks they brought, cuz I don't want them left around here while I'm working at home this week!

TOO TEMPTING!

"To love another person is to see the face of God!"

Videos