News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for pointilismlight

Member Name: pointilismlight
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best virtual / Zoom show or theatre you've seen?
 Oct 23 2020, 11:12:08 AM

Definitely The Party Hop by Natalie Margolin.  It had such a creative premise (the whole thing takes place on Zoom and can only be performed on Zoom) and such a great cast with Ben Platt, Beanie Feldstein, Kathryn Gallagher, Noah Galvin, Ashley Park, Catherine Cohen, Molly Gordon, Kaitlyn Dever and more!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKbbWZjt2ik

DEAR EVAN HANSEN Film In The Works
 Feb 20 2020, 12:42:06 AM

It's Stephen Chbosky.

SONDHEIM HYPOCRISY?
 Feb 18 2020, 09:09:41 AM
His letter re: P&B is still available on the NY Times and is worth a read. His criticism had to do with the attitude the creatives (and Audra) took toward the original material and their viewpoint that it was a flawed piece which they were fixing to finally make “work.”.
The Official TDF Thread
 Jan 31 2020, 01:27:15 AM

How often is Medea up?

MEAN GIRLS Recoups and Announces Film Adaptation
 Jan 23 2020, 10:55:37 PM

I don't understand why people are confused about this.  It is one of Paramount's biggest brands.  There isn't a world in which they aren't going to take advantage of it...

MEAN GIRLS Recoups and Announces Film Adaptation
 Jan 23 2020, 05:51:44 PM

Hot Pants said: "This is an awful idea. Not only do I not care for the show (love the original film), but I just can’t see why this should be made except for a quick buck. There’s nothing about the musical that seems cinematic. A lot of the staging just won’t work on film. If they wanted to let a wider audience see the musical, they should’ve just professionally taped the Broadway production."

There's nothing about the musical that seems c

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run
 Jan 15 2020, 10:48:28 AM
He said at the stage door that he flew to NY last year and auditioned.
 Jan 15 2020, 09:52:27 AM

I was also there last night and agree. I was pleasantly surprised by how good Cameron was especially given it is his first performance. His vocals need some work but I think he was really nervous. Given it was his first performance I imagine he will only get better over the course of the next few shows. And also Renee’s was amazing! Her voice is unbelievable! There were a bunch of girls around me who were clearly there to see him so I do think he’s selling tickets. 

Dec 20 2019, 10:03:31 AM
Looking at their grosses this cant be too surprising to anyone that they’re doing this for four weeks in Jan which usually deadly. I’m told he auditioned for the show and went through that the same process like everyone else and was good!
COMPANY eyeing a spring 2020 transfer at a Shubert theater
 Jul 29 2019, 02:39:04 PM

I have a friend who works for one of the big talent agencies and confirmed that a number of their clients have been called in for various roles.   The Stephanie J Block thing is just a rumor - her name was tossed around but no offer went out and she never auditioned.  Basically every actress on Broadway has had their name in the mix but it is mostly just discussions.  Marianne Elliot is in town for auditions looking for Bobbie's but it sounds like they didn't find

Countess Luann will finally join CHICAGO
 Jul 26 2019, 11:14:27 PM

The real question is...when will Harry Dubin play Billy Flynn?

BE MORE CHILL (Broadway) Reviews
 Mar 12 2019, 04:06:50 PM

I've heard from multiple people that Sondheim left BMC at intermission.  Has anyone else heard this?  One of the shows producers posted a lengthy thing on FB about him being at the show (and enjoying it) which I assume is them trying to combat this.

Mean girls understudies?
 Sep 4 2018, 05:12:57 PM

Earlier in the summer people were lining up at like 11pm the night before but if last week is any indication than 8am should be fine for tomorrow I think

The Official TDF Thread-Summer TDF Seats
 May 16 2018, 05:21:33 PM

Awesome, thank you!

NY Daily News on Audience Members Falling at CURSED CHILD
 May 16 2018, 05:21:13 PM

This article is hysterical.

The Official TDF Thread-Summer TDF Seats
 May 16 2018, 04:41:37 PM

Where are the seats for Margaritaville generally?

Zadan/Meron: Next NBC Live Musical & Upcoming musical w/ Shuberts
 May 16 2018, 01:06:21 PM

I bet Bye Bye Birdie never happens.

The Band's Visit Seating Question
 May 10 2018, 11:11:29 PM

I say front row at Barrymore for Six Degrees and it was great.  I missed some of the scenes that happened further upstage but if I recall, most of Bands Visit is staged downstage.  It is really better to be closer for this wonderful and intimate show.  I saw fourth row on the right and it was perfect.

SOUL DOCTOR Tour?
 May 10 2018, 11:08:04 PM

oncemorewithfeeling2 said: "Am I the only one who immediately thought that Josh Young can do better then this?"

Nope.  No you are not.  Between this and Amazing Grace I am sad for his career.

The Ferryman
 May 10 2018, 11:06:44 PM

This is fantastic news.  I am so glad they are bringing the cast over.  Broadway is in for a real treat.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You