News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for followyourbliss23

followyourbliss23 Profile Photo
Member Name: followyourbliss23
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Box Offices Open?
 Aug 18 2021, 01:35:00 PM

Hi all! Wondering if Broadway theatre box offices are open ahead of scheduled reopening in Sept. I'm looking specifically at the New Amsterdam (Aladdin), Shubert (Mockingbird) and BB Jacobs (Company) and would rather avoid the crazy Ticketmaster/Telecharge surcharges. Would rather avoid the trip from Brooklyn to Times Square if they are closed... 

Thanks in advance for any tips!!

sending a poster to the nederlander
 Aug 18 2012, 05:47:58 PM
so, my 7 year old niece came out to visit and we took her to see 'newsies'. i got her a poster and cd and told her that after the show we could go to the stage door and get the poster signed. she adored the show and was so excited to get the cast's autographs. little did i know that 'newsies' might as well be a justin bieber concert, because that stage door was a mad house. the tweens were in full force and surprisingly aggressive. i tried to get little samantha through the hordes to no avail.
My frustrating situation with the Shubert box office staff
 Jul 19 2010, 10:57:08 AM
@anakela: technically there is a no refund or exchange policy on all tickets. of course, in some cases refunds do happen. as far as the actually ability to credit customers, it's different in every box office. in my case, all employees are able to return tickets up to a certain time before performance (in order to allow time for the tickets to be re-sold). i know other box offices that only give abilities to the treasurer/bo manager. this is to prevent scalpers & brokers from taking advantage of
My frustrating situation with the Shubert box office staff
 Jul 18 2010, 01:14:49 PM
i think i know what happened...

i work in ticketing on telecharge's system. lately, our systems have been doing this weird thing where when we swipe a card it will bring up the last customer's payment information and use that. i think that is exactly what happened to you. as others have said you can definitely fight it with your cc company (keep your 'n2n' tickets for proof of your attendance there).

my big concern is that the shubert's box office must not know about this malf

These shows...
 Jun 11 2010, 04:04:52 PM
yero: did you not like it because of the smell of weed? we all your aversion to it...

just teasing. of course, people don't like it for different reasons, but those are the two i've heard the most.

These shows...
 Jun 11 2010, 03:54:48 PM
i loved 'passing strange' and i love 'fela!'. they aren't that similar, other than that they both have much more contemporary "non broadway" scores and they both are highly theatrical pieces. i would recommend 'fela!'. i have a feeling you will enjoy it. sadly, you will find a lot of 'fela!' haters on this board because: (a) it's not "traditional" broadway (whatever that is) and (b) although it's upbeat, it's not frivolously fun. some also claim it lacks character development and a book, which i
Fela will win best musical
 May 10 2010, 02:53:30 PM
^ amen mister matt. i mentioned this earlier in this same thread.

MEMPHIS10: "Memphis will win...Alot of the Tony vote comes from the road, The League of Producers and Presenters"

i don't even know where to begin here. you claim to know the road so well that 'memphis' is sure to be a lock in our opinion. but i find it hard to believe that a lot (two words) of votes come from the 'The League of Producers and Presenters' which doesn't even exist. you might have meant 'The League

Addams Family first seven previews: $1,192,213
 Mar 17 2010, 06:20:03 PM
oh jebus, this is ridiculous. mark, remind me to change my password tomorrow. seriously.
 Mar 17 2010, 03:39:56 PM
yes, 14 months, that two months more than a year or, in other words, hardly a year. is there something wrong with that wording? i guess i should have put 14 months? or maybe you would prefer, "that's EXACTLY how 'young frankenstein' started. it only ran 29 previews, staring on 10/11/2007, and 485 performances, having opened on 11/8/07 and closing on 12/4/09."

better??

Mar 16 2010, 07:11:13 PM
i wasn't comparing 'af' and 'yf', as you put it, developmentally, artistically or qualitatively; merely in attendance, or rather, quantitatively. as for 'yf' numbers, i work in the industry, i know a few people who worked on the 'yf'. as anyone can gather, it sold VERY well during previews.

Mar 16 2010, 06:05:10 PM
that's EXACTLY how 'young frankenstein' started. hardly ran a year.

not saying that 'addams family' is gonna die, just saying a good time during previews doesn't mean a sure fire hit.

Mar 16 2010, 02:08:16 PM
^ agreed. 'roa' is drop dead funny. one of the wittiest books to hit broadway since 'avenue q'. i'm all for celebrating it. great idea massofmen!
 Mar 16 2010, 08:52:58 AM
posters on this thread keep saying the tonys (no apostrophe people) will lose credibility if 'fela' wins. but exactly what merit does the tonys have outside of theatre people? even some theatre people consider it a joke.

'fela' is actually bringing people to broadway that have never been before. isn't that something we should support? just because the bww community is so up in arms because 'fela' doesn't fit the typical musical theatre mold, doesn't mean it's a bad show. hate to break it to you people, but critics and dramaturgs know A LOT more about theatre than the majority of people on this board (including myself), and they LOVE 'fela'.

'fela' has more artistic merit than another musical based on a cartoon and the revue of a composer's work (as much as i love me some sondheim). why can't you people be open to new things? it makes me really sad that whenever something different comes along, everyone attacks it. i promise, if shows like 'fela' are successful, it doesn't mean your beloved 'wicked' will suffer. there will ALWAYS be the type of cliche musical theatre that you guys love on broadway. can't you give the rest of us something that's ours?

end rant.

Mar 15 2010, 11:40:29 AM
talkinload: hahaha, yep, that's how it goes. sadly, it will NEVER makes sense. just do your best to rise above.
gorillaz/'love never dies' openings
 Mar 15 2010, 11:15:13 AM
has anyone listened to both the 'love never dies' recording and the new gorillaz album, 'plastic beach'? the openings are weirdly similar with the crashing waves. imho, the orchestral intro on 'plastic beach' does a better job of conveying a dark, mysterious, foreboding atmosphere than the intro to 'love never dies' does.

anybody else have thoughts?

Mar 15 2010, 11:08:04 AM
i find this thread hilarious. it's a perfect example of how some purists & fanatics can't except any different types of music and narrative on a broadway stage.

god forbid broadway evolve and experiment...

Why do people hate Wicked?
 Mar 10 2010, 02:16:47 PM
"Well I hated it because I think pretty much everything about it sucked. The music sucked, the performances were irritating, the sets were ugly and I hated the choreography. It probably didn't help that I was a fan of the book it was "based" on. "

LMAO!!! beautifully blunt and to the point! i also feel the same way about the novel. if the book (script, not novel), had taken cues from the novel, it probably would have been much better liked by me at least.

in general, shows like

Hilarious Comments...
 Mar 10 2010, 12:09:17 PM
thanks biff for understanding where i was coming from. isn't it a long running joke that jfk said "i am a donut" ("ich bin ein berliner") instead of "i am a citizen of berlin" ("ich bin berliner") when speaking in berlin in the 60s?

i'm sure the germans had a good chuckle at that one.

anyways, lets get back to talking about theatre. and by the way, i'm a girl

re: 9 to 5 Tour: Yes or No?
 Mar 3 2010, 06:20:26 PM
wdwfreak: coming from someone who liked "legally blonde", "the little mermaid" and "shrek"? at least i've got the critics on my side.

bestfreakinshoes: you are right, not the worst show ever, but imho, even mediocre shows don't belong on broadway charging $121 a pop. and, personally, speaking as a female in the corporate world, i don't really think its relevant today at all.

re: 9 to 5 Tour: Yes or No?
 Mar 3 2010, 06:02:52 PM
^ agreed. bad show. bad bad bad.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You