News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Talico

Member Name: Talico
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Two recommendations for an upcoming trip  May 8 2018, 10:26:46 AM

I knew that I was missing something important! Thanks for reminding me about Hello, Dolly!, already got tickets :)

For the last slot, what about Sleep no More? Seems like an interesting experience.

Two recommendations for an upcoming trip  May 7 2018, 08:50:07 PM

Hello everyone. Once again I'm going to NYC and I would love your recommendation for some shows! I highly value your opinions because last year you guys convinced me to see The Great Comet and in 2015 you changed my mind about Fun Home. They're among my favorites now so I believe that you get my point :)

Right now I have two slots open on my schedule: the matinee on Wednesday and Tuesday night. I already have tickets for the following shows:

• The Play That Goes Wrong<
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Oct 18 2017, 01:20:23 PM

May 27th. Left Orchestra Row G 21 $199

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 01:19:19 PM

sorano916 said: "NYfanfromCA said: "Talico said: "I took me an hour but I found an acceptable seat:

ORCHL G21 on May 27th.

This is by far the worst ticket buying experience I ever had.
"

How did you get row G? I was only offered row T. What price range did you specify?
"

I got row G. It was $199.
"

Yeap, same here, $199. I wanted something closer to the center, willing to pay the premium price but I guess that the guys from 11AM bought everything

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 01:11:47 PM

I took me an hour but I found an acceptable seat:

ORCHL G21 on May 27th.

This is by far the worst ticket buying experience I ever had.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 12:52:21 PM

briansb said: "I've been trying for 50 minutes and have only ever gotten the error message (not even a no seats available error, some error that says "something went wrong from our end"... tried three different devices, to no avail. Any help????? I'm at a lost for words."

Are you outside US? I was having the same error but it started working when I connected to a VPN.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 12:37:07 PM

I wouldn't mind paying the premium price for a good location but there's no way in hell that I'm going to pay $199 for a bad seat when I have to go all the way from Brazil to NYC.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 12:08:48 PM

I'm on the 12PM window and all I could get so far is an error:
"Something went wrong on our end. Please return to the previous step and try again."

Sweeney Todd Off Broadway Performances  May 4 2017, 11:26:38 PM

If anyone is looking for tickets, they just released a new batch on some great places. I just got one for May 19th, G10.

I am confused on so many levels  Jun 20 2016, 01:42:10 AM

Something similar happened to me last year. I flew all the way from Brazil and, on my first time on a Broadway show (Les Mis), Alfie Boe and Earl Carpenter were out. I found that out only when I was already inside the theater. I was really disappointed but I didn't let that ruin my night. 

By the way, seeing Alfie Boe was one of the reasons for the trip, so I end up doing some changes when I heard that Will Swenson was stepping in and I saw the show again later that

Lin-Manuel schedule?  Dec 29 2015, 06:36:47 PM

"Javier Munoz plays the role of Hamilton at Sunday matinees through March 27, 2016. He will play the role of Hamilton at Saturday matinees from March 28 - September 3, 2016."

From here: http://www.broadway.com/shows/hamilton-broadway/

LES MIZ Sets Sept. 2016 Broadway Closing Date  Dec 2 2015, 11:28:46 AM

Hamilton22 said: "Can't say I'm sad. The production (that was really just a knock off of the tour) was incredibly uninspired and dull and the cast was pretty mediocre except for Ramin. 

"

I'll have to disagree with you here. I watched it 2 weeks ago and the only person on the cast that was not good was Montego Glover. Alfie Boe was incredible and Brennyn Lark really surprised me.

RMEZZ tickets for Hamilton  Nov 26 2015, 12:24:01 PM

Last week I sat on the first row of the center rmezz (A112). It's not bad, you can really enjoy the show but you'll miss some of the facial expressions. I probably took a picture of the stage from my seat, I will post it later if I find it.

ticket scamming question  Nov 26 2015, 10:27:50 AM

macnyc said: "Or just get there early and make sure you're scanned in first! And afterward, please post how you found the view from the box seats. 

"

Thats exactly what I did last week. I bought a ticket on StubHub and was really afraid that it could be fake/duplicate. To make sure, I was there really early and was the first in line. In the end, everything went fine and I really enjoyed the show :)

My first trip to NYC - Picking shows  Nov 19 2015, 11:50:31 PM

Tomorrow I'm leaving the city and today I saw my last two shows and let me tell you, what a way to finish a perfect week.

I started the day with The Phantom of the Opera. I know that most of you don't like it, but watching it for the first time is a incredible experience. The scenarios are so big and James Barbour is a wonderful phantom. 

After that, I had only one more show: Hamilton. I don't have words to describe it, it was everything I was hoping for and even

My first trip to NYC - Picking shows  Nov 19 2015, 12:34:35 AM

I don't know if anyone is going to read this, but I'll write my impressions of what I've seen so far.

Spring Awakening - What a show! So much heart on this one and a great cast! My only issue was that the drums were really loud and I missed some of the lyrics. This was the only show that I didn't know any of the songs before seeing it. I consider myself lucky for seeing this production.

Fun Home - Another show with a lot of heart, I was heartbroken in

My first trip to NYC - Picking shows  Nov 16 2015, 12:26:17 AM

Mike Costa said: "Thanks for your update.  Glad you enjoyed the show.

Each one of us here remembers the thrill of seeing our first show on Broadway and are happy for your excitement.

I will second the idea of your seeing the Christmas Spectacular now playing at Radio City Music Hall.  It is an enormous, joyful, musical revue that has no plot but there is nothing like it.&nbs

My first trip to NYC - Picking shows  Nov 15 2015, 11:53:39 PM

I just returned from my first show and it was incredible!! When I bought the tickets to Les Mis there was no mention to Alfie Boe and Earl Glover not performing tonight, so when I arrived at the theater I was really disappointed. Fortunately, Will Ray was amazingly good and the rest of the cast was everything that I hoped for, especially Brennyn Lark.

I know that for most of you guys that had seen a lot of show this production might not be that good but I was impressed

My first trip to NYC - Picking shows  Nov 8 2015, 03:17:19 PM

BroadwayConcierge - Is Wicked really that good? Besides being related to Wizard of Oz, I have no idea what's about.

neonlightsxo - Yes, I have tickets for Hamilton. In fact, I bought it on StubHub so they could be fake

ggersten - I believe that I'll end up watching one play. First I was set on Misery but I started reading about and now I'm torn between King Charles III and Gin Game

Mike Costa - Surprinsingly, I got the cast album for Hamilton and I understood almost everything on my first try, just missed some words on Guns and Ships. My problems with English are related to grammar and some kinds of voices. For example, I had to pay way more attention to understand Phoebe on Gentleman's Guide (I decided to marry you) than the rap parts on Hamilton.
Lion King was one of my choices, but my sister said that she is going to kill me if I see it before her

Based on all the recomendations, Fun Home is a must see. My question is: Is it worth even without Sydney Lucas?
If I add Fun Home and Wicked to list I still have time for 2 more musicals. I know that no one recommended it, but what about Allegiance? It seems like such a nice story. For my last show I'll probably pick Gentleman's Guide or Something Rotten. I took a look at Kink Boots and The King and I and I don't think that I going to like it.

My first trip to NYC - Picking shows  Nov 5 2015, 11:49:39 AM

Hello everyone!

Next week I'll be going to NYC, it's my first trip and I'm really excited! I'll be arriving on friday morning and I'll be there for a week, so I was wondering if you guys could help me out filling some time slots that I have.

Right now, this is what I already have tickets for:

- Sunday: Les Mis

- Monday: Spring Awakening

- Tuesday: Book of Mormon

- Wednesday: Phantom of the Opera

- Thursday: Hamilton

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You