News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Choirkid

Choirkid Profile Photo
Member Name: Choirkid
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Hathaway Cast as Garland in Stage and Screen Planned 'GET HAPPY'
 Mar 23 2009, 04:36:24 PM
Although I enjoy Anne Hathaway, no one will ever be a more brilliant Garland than Judy Davis AND Tammy Blanchard. How different will this production be from Me And My Shadows?? That was such a brilliant movie.
re: Microphones!!
 Nov 19 2006, 06:34:03 PM
Thanks again for all the comments!

One more question: There is a Forbidden Broadway song that pokes fun at the whole microphone situation...or at least there is a line about it! Does anyone know what song it is, and what edition it's from??? Thanks in advance.

re: Microphones!!
 Nov 16 2006, 09:21:46 AM
Thanks so much for all the info! The actual quote came from Harold Prince...but I haven't been able to find where he actually said it!

I agree with everyone's point, and I'm glad I wasn't too far off base. My question now is what came first? The Changes in audience's expectations, larger houses, etc....OR the microphone?

Microphones!!
 Nov 15 2006, 09:14:33 PM
I'm doing an assignment at school and I would love some imput!

The Microphone killed musical theatre...agree or disagree??

Also, if anyone has read any books on the topic please let me know!

BRIDGE AND TUNNEL
 Oct 15 2006, 04:47:09 PM
Would anyone know where I could get the poems that were performed by Sarah Jones in Bridge and Tunnel! They moved me so much and there are people that I would like to read them to. She is phenomenal!
JRB in Toronto
 Oct 7 2006, 12:07:51 AM
Does anyone know who JRB's special guests are going to be at his Toronto concert on the 16th??
Plays about Mothers
 Sep 13 2006, 06:56:12 PM
Anyone know any good plays about mother/daughter relationships?? Specifically, troubled relationships! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Poster-Woman in White
 Aug 21 2006, 09:45:30 PM
Hello,

I'm selling my Official opening night poster for The Woman In White. I plan to put it on ebay, however, I figured I would let people here know first.

If anyone is interested please let me know. It's a beautiful poster and it's in mint condition!

Thanks

Librettos - sorry if this has been asked before!!
 Jul 19 2006, 05:24:19 PM
Hello! I just got back from an amazing time in NYC! First of all I want to thank everyone who helped me out with suggestions before I left! I thought I should mention that there are now $50 tickets to Spelling be available at the box office, even though I didn't find that info online!

On to my real message. I fell in love with Spelling Bee and Bridge and Tunnel.....does anyone know where online I could find the libretto to those shows. I would like them for no other reason than to remem

re: Spelling Bee
 Jul 13 2006, 05:50:51 PM
wow......thanks so much for all the advice! So for Sunday does TKTS stay open for the evening performances or do we have to go early? Do they have Spelling Bee Tix from the beginning or do they get them later on???

Thanks so much for all the advice! I might try lottery on Sunday and then if I don't get it I'll but my tix with the discount code!

Thank you

Jul 13 2006, 05:40:10 PM
really?? TKTS?? I thought it was too popular for that!
 Jul 13 2006, 05:36:45 PM
yay......thanks! Ok so how hard is it to get Lottery?? Like on a Sunday night??

Does anyone know if it has been sold out lately and maybe I can get SRO??

Spelling Bee
 Jul 13 2006, 05:31:43 PM
Is there a cheaper way to see Spelling Bee?? Some people just don't have $95!! Any help or suggestions would be great!
re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
 May 30 2006, 01:27:05 PM
I'm selfishly disappointed that I probably won't see Sutton at the stage door when I see Drowsy. However, I do know that over the years she has encountered a lot of fan(atics)...I don't mean to be disrespectful to anyone, I swear. But I wonder if someone just went a little too far and it has pushed her to not be as giving or available after a performance.

I've met her many times and she is always very sweet. I'm sure she has a very good reason for her lack of appearances during this ru

re: Drowsy Chaperone Stage Door
 May 28 2006, 11:14:18 PM
Does anyone have any idea why Sutton doesn't come out anymore. For Millie and Little Women she came out all the time and was soooo sweet and nice. I hope nothing happened that would make her not want to exit throught the stage door.
The Witches of Eastwick
 Mar 10 2006, 05:25:18 PM
Hello everyone!

Quick question: Does anyone know where I could get the libretto to the musical The Witches of Eastwick??? Specifically the scene before the song I Wish I May.

Thanks

re: 2/19 Pajama Game and Sweeney Todd
 Feb 20 2006, 06:24:42 PM
I'm going to NYC next week and I can't wait to see Sweeney Todd.........HOWEVER, is it true that the only ticket price for Pajama Game is $95????

That's a little steep for me and I can't believe that that's the only price listed!

Monday Nights
 Feb 19 2006, 01:55:09 PM
Hi!

Does anyone know where I could find a list of what shows have performances on Monday nights?? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

re: Xmas Eve in the PIAZZA with David Burnham
 Jan 2 2006, 11:18:42 AM
I too worked with David when I was a Choirkid in Joseph! It was back in the summer of 97 in toronto, right when he took over for Donny Osmond. I have been following his career since then and I am soooo happy for him. He was so kind and generous to everyone in that show and I've always thought that those are the kind of people who deserve to make it in this business!! I really hope he starts to get the roles that he deserves!

If anyone is interested in hearing his voice on another record

Reading list
 Dec 30 2005, 05:26:53 PM
Hello everyone!

Since Christmas I have been on a broadway kick, especifically I'm obsessed with Broadway books!

Anyone have any suggestions as to what to buy!?? It would be cool to start a reading list here and add reviews and suggestions! (I'm really sorry if this has been done before, I tried to look it up on the search page....but I hate to say that this site doesn't have a very efficient search option)..

Happy New Year!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You