News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Kelliexo90

Kelliexo90 Profile Photo
Member Name: Kelliexo90
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: I love Broadway. Yay.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Our Town
 Nov 11 2005, 05:59:29 PM
Can people tell me about this? I just got a letter in the mail about auditions for it on Monday and again on Saturday. I found a synopsis online, and I don't think its a musical? Just any idea of what would be good for auditioning for it, or any similar shows. Thanks in advance :o)
re: Upbeat Song- Camp Broadway
 Jul 25 2005, 01:03:30 PM
Solo song
re: Upbeat Song- Camp Broadway
 Jul 25 2005, 12:40:44 PM
Bumpppp
Upbeat Song- Camp Broadway
 Jul 21 2005, 06:15:46 PM
I know I already posted about this once, but I still am having a harddd time finding an upbeat song. I was thinking Cabaret or All That Jazz? Has anyone been to Camp Broadway, are these appropriate? And if anyone knows any upbeat songs, please post them. Thanks :o)
re: Musicals Ringtones
 Jul 21 2005, 02:18:42 PM
Does anyone know if Cingular has Broadway ringtones? I looked forever but couldn't find any, so I settled for Dashboard Confessional.

I would want Seasons of Love or All That Jazz.

re: Audition Songs
 Jul 20 2005, 09:14:42 PM
Ever see the Laguna Beach episode where Christina sings a Mandy Moore song auditioning for Wicked? Yeah, don't do that.
re: Brooke Tansley
 Jul 14 2005, 10:37:59 PM
I saw Beauty and the Beast in April and she was my least favorite part of the show.
re: Okay, I'm kind of freaking out here. Could I get some help, please?
 Jul 14 2005, 10:32:55 PM
So, I decided on HOME for my ballad. But I'm still having trouble thinking of a good upbeat song. We are going to be working with these songs all week also. Any more suggestions? Thank youu :o)
 Jul 12 2005, 10:54:10 AM
Thank you so much everyone. CurtainUp, I need an upbeat one and a ballad.
 Jul 11 2005, 08:42:40 PM
Thanks. Uh, I'm probably somewhat of a mezzo-alto type.
 Jul 11 2005, 05:21:50 PM
Well I have a lot of singing experience, I'm most experienced in the singing actually. I am just completely blanking on songs that would be good. I obviously don't want to do something from Wicked, but I don't know of many shows that aren't really modern. So I guess I'm asking for any ideas of good female songs that aren't really cliche...?
 Jul 11 2005, 05:14:12 PM
Yeah, theres seven monologues to pick from.

It starts on August 1, and I just got all of this information about 10 minutes ago.

Okay, I'm kind of freaking out here. Could I get some help, please?
 Jul 11 2005, 04:54:49 PM
Wellll... I registered for the Camp Broadway Master Class, and now I'm kind of regretting it because I really don't think I' experienced enough for it. But I'm going to do my best... It says on the first day there is a placement where you have to dance, sing two songs(an uptempo and a ballad in your key) and do a monologue(they gave us choices)

I've never done a monologue before. Any advice on how I should approach it or how it should be done? I have an idea, but I'm not too sure.

Apr 23 2005, 10:21:22 PM
I was just checking the Bushnell website to see if Wicked tickets had yet gone on sale, or to see when they were going on sale. It gave seating areas and ticket prices and said Status: Open. Does that mean they are on sale already?
re: Why are teenage girls obsessed with WICKED?
 Apr 23 2005, 08:29:29 PM
I just like it. There really wasn't any specific reason I was so drawn to it. I'm 15 and it was the first show I've seen. I can relate to both Glinda and Elphaba on some levels, but I don't think that it is the reason I like the show. It's just fun and likable, as long as you don't look too far into it and don't compare it to the book. I think I liked the book better, even though I was upset after I read it lol.
re: The 'Idina Tongue Singing' Thing
 Apr 23 2005, 02:01:39 PM
OT- Mattio is that you on your icon? I just stopped to look and then couldn't look at the thread again. Way to go.
re: Yet another Chenoweth movie in the works...
 Apr 21 2005, 04:52:56 PM
I'm pretty pumped to see how this will turn out. While she has always played the dumb blonde part, maybe that's just because that's how she felt the cahracters should be played? Maybe she really can only play one part, but I think this movie will certainly show us if she truly can act more than one role. But maybe I'm completely wrong hehe.
re: Am I the only person who hated Rent?
 Apr 17 2005, 06:54:18 PM
I didn't really want to read all of this post, so forgive me if it has already been said, but when the original poster said it was "dated". That may be true, but many shows aren't taken out of their original context as time goes on. I might be completely off, but taking that out of when it took place seems like it would be taking something like Chicago out of the Roaring 20's... it just wouldn't make sense.
re: All of my friends saw Brooklyn the other day...
 Apr 15 2005, 05:45:53 PM
Oh no I know you are not supposed to take pictures, they said she said it really really snotty. And if she didn't, or even if it wasn't as bad as they said, thats why I asked if anyone else saw it. Because I wouldn't expect them(like I said this was their first Broadway show) to know what is rude or isn't. That is why I mentioned/asked on here, because I figured someone who has been to shows more often would know if it was really rude.
All of my friends saw Brooklyn the other day...
 Apr 15 2005, 05:36:47 PM
.. And they said it was a really good show. This was all of their first experiences to Broadway(and happy to say they all thought it was really cool that I wanted to be on Broadway), and they said everything was great except EDEN. At the curtain call they said that someone took a picture and she said "Don't take any pictures of me please" or something along those lines, and it was in a really snotty tone. Then someone in the audience was laughing and she said "Don't laugh I'm almost finished."
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You