News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for staticradar

staticradar Profile Photo
Member Name: staticradar
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://suchanabsentlove.tumblr.com
Blog Address: http://staticradar.broadwayworld.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Theater Seating Times  Oct 5 2021, 03:28:30 PM

There's no TOO early the theater won't open until around 30min before curtain there will be a line outside the theater to get in.  You'll show your Vaccination Card and ID and if you have any bags they will inspect them before they scan your ticket.  

Eating in the theatre. Thoughts?  Sep 9 2018, 12:58:36 PM

I was at Falsetto's during the revival and some kid and his mom pulled out Nathan's fries and preceded to eat them.  The smell was overwhelming and I still don't know how they got them inside the theater in the first place!  

Broadway Flea - Dear Evan Hansen  Sep 24 2017, 02:05:45 PM

i got to see a little of what they were selling this morning but the lines are super insane!  

They were selling some of the casts used in the show for $500, signed scripts and signed Dear Evan Hansen Letters for like $100+, notebooks for like $20, i think there were some shirts and window cards, sharpies for $5, they are raffling off the pillow like they did last year and a signed cast.  Not sure what else was there it was too insane to really get a good look and way too exp

THE GREAT COMET Announces September Broadway Closing; Final Performers for Role of 'Pierre'  Aug 8 2017, 08:16:04 PM

so sad this show had to close!  I had tickets for Broadway Flea Market and was going to take my sister who has never been to a Broadway show before.  I was so excited to share this experience with her.  I'm glad I got to see it last month, but really heart broken that this is closing before I can share it with loved ones.  

Bad Theater Behavior  Aug 3 2017, 07:09:08 AM

Went to see Great Comet a few weeks ago and sat in the Banquette's and was really enjoyed the show.  However, there was a lady next to me that was just extremely off putting.  From the moment the show began she took off her shoes and put them up on the banquette in front of her and I really don't understand people that would even think to do this.  This isn't your house, this is a theater and I doubt the people in front of her appreciated having her feet near their

Please help: Refund for tickets?  Jun 15 2017, 09:30:32 PM

just got BF 6 Stage Left I think for July 15th and hoping I don't regret paying a little extra for them vs Row B of Mezz.  Playbill had money off the seats so the $20 difference seemed worth it at the time.  Especially since I'm dying to see Ingrid Michaelson.  It was one of the last few Banquette seats left.  I was hoping for one on the aisle but couldn't find one. Still looking forward to the show!  

RENT staged differently?  Jun 11 2017, 05:23:07 PM

The off Broadway version was staged differently and it suffered for it.  It's much better with the minimal staging.  

2017 TONY Awards Performances  Jun 11 2017, 04:39:58 PM

The Creative awards are usually given out during the commercial breaks, so not sure if there's someone out there to stream those.  It would be cool though.  I miss the Tony Awards streaming the creative awards before the ceremony.  

Bad Theater Behavior  May 22 2017, 06:47:44 PM

When I saw Falsettos last November I had the misfortune of being sat next to this teenage boy and his mother.  We were in the front row of the top balcony.  First he pulls out some Nathan's french fries during the performance and the smell was super strong.  Why an usher didn't catch the outside food I don't know.  It was super distracting.  On top of that he kept rocking in his seat and the way the seats are it moved mine too.  The whole show I kept

BroadwayCon 2016 - Experience reports!  Jan 21 2016, 12:03:47 PM

Heading in early early tomorrow morning!  So excited!  Blizzard or not it's going to be amazing!  

BroadwayCon:  Jan 18 2016, 08:42:47 PM

yeah when i first noticed that I did RENT and Fun Home Autographs and printed out the tickets, not sure if it was a glitch or not, nothing is showing up if i try to go back to see what else is available,  but my tickets still show in my tixr section.  I just wonder if they'll be honored or not.  Guess we'll have to see.  

BroadwayCon:  Jan 18 2016, 03:05:30 PM

Even if you had put in for the lotto, i doubt you would've gotten RENT anyway.  I think those mostly went to VIP.  Me and my friend both had that as our #1 and neither of us got it, #2 was Fun Home, didn't get those either.  The ones we got were like way down on our list, only one was even in our Top 10.  It's a little disappointing, but that's he nature of the lottery system.  

Newsies/Once SRO  Jul 8 2012, 02:45:36 PM
I think they sell Standing Room for Once after the Rush seats are all given out? There are 20 seats per show for Rush anything after that if they are sold out they'll sell standing room, if I recall correctly. We got there super early for Rush and were first in line the next people didn't show up til around 4:30 and then most of rush was filled by 7, so I would say 6:30 or 7 would be a safe bet if you want Rush or SRO, but that was for a two day show, so I don't know how it would be for a one
Peter and the Starcatcher Saturday lotto  Jul 4 2012, 01:15:35 PM
I didn't do Mat, but I did Night show a few weeks ago and there were over 100 people there, but I did manage to win. Warning if you're going with someone the seats may not be together for my friend and I we had seats where I was behind her. They are partial view, but not horrible, there was really only one part I couldn't see and it wasn't crucial. Some may be more obstructed though. It's a great show so good luck. Remember no matter how many people are there someone's gotta win right doesn
Once Rush?  Jun 23 2012, 06:27:03 AM
In line for rush right now, my friend got here at 3:30 and was first in line, by 5 there were about 4 or 5 others now it's almost 6:30 and there are 12 people so not bad today so far.
Once rush since Tonys  Jun 16 2012, 03:32:30 PM
going next Saturday for rush so I guess getting there before 5am would be the best bet to get tickets or would you recommend even earlier?

Once  Apr 14 2012, 07:17:30 AM
It was one of the beautiful shows I've ever had the pleasure of seeing. I'm taking my grandmother to see it May 9th because I think she will enjoy it as well. This is one show that has stuck with me long after the curtain closed. It literally was so good it hurt. I'm so excited to get to experience that again and share it with someone I think will appreciate it as much as I do.
GODSPELL Lotto  Jan 18 2012, 03:10:28 PM
I'm a she, and to answer your question I was in town this weekend with my friend for her birthday. We won Saturday Night, but she wanted to see it again and another of our friends wanted to see it too she hadn't seen it yet, but we lost so it didn't happen.
GODSPELL Lotto  Jan 16 2012, 03:45:11 AM
I lottoed 3 times this weekend and it just depends. Saturday night we won but there were at least 100+ people there, the Sunday Mat was a little less crowded, but still a lot of people and we lost and even less of a crowd for Sunday night but still at least 60+ and lost again lol. So it just depends. It was bitterly cold this weekend too so maybe it would've been even more people if the weather was nicer. I'd say expect 80+ at the very least.
SEATING QUESTION FOR AMERICAN IDIOT  Jun 14 2010, 07:28:29 AM
the stage is really high. I sat in front row after winning lotto and loved it though. I'm rather short 5'3 and other than a stiff neck I could see pretty much everything. Just depends on if you can deal with a stiff neck and how short you are lol. I would sit in those lotto seats a million times though, it's all personal preference.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You