pixeltracker

Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?

Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/26/10 at 11:47am

We all got the memo...

lightguy06222
#2Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/26/10 at 1:34pm

I believe this is the first time an actual date has been announced. Dont quote me. I dont care either way.

Anyone know how the tour looks? 18 years later, is it still living up to its name?

thesixtyfirstpupil Profile Photo
thesixtyfirstpupil
#2Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/26/10 at 2:01pm

The tour is still running strong. I saw it in Baltimore, and I thought that the cast was the best I've ever seen (and I've seen it in London, New York, and D.C.)

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
LuvUrBatBoy
#3Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/26/10 at 2:05pm

Yesterday was the official announcement to cast and crew of no further extension.

As far as the shape of the tour, aside from some sound issues last week in Cleveland, it's still in wonderful shape, and I agree with the comment about the fantastic cast Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?

Yes that's me. No, it's not a Rent homage.

RemlapLBC
#4Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/31/10 at 1:03am

I just purchased my cheap balcony seats for the last show. Halloween on Hollywood Blvd. I think I'll make sure to ride the Red Line.

My Oh My Profile Photo
My Oh My
#5Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/31/10 at 3:15am

Got me a ticket to the final show as well It's @ 1 p.m. Strange time.

There was a lone row G, orchestra seat available and so I snatched it!

Recreation of original John Cameron orchestration to "On My Own" by yours truly. Click player below to hear.

Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#6Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/31/10 at 7:23am

I've never seen the tour and I've asked about this many times without getting an answer, but how do they do the chandelier? Does it just come down from the proscenium? And what about all the candelabras and such that come up in his lair?

LuvUrBatBoy Profile Photo
LuvUrBatBoy
#7Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/31/10 at 8:07am

To answer your question,

Ive seen the tour a few times recently, and its been 10 years or so since Ive seen the Broadway production, but the chandelier is basically handled the same way. It starts onstage, is raised during the overture and is brought down during the Act 1 Finale.

As far as the candles, and candleabras, the tour travels with their own stage floor, which is loaded in for each city, the candles rise out of the floor for the lair/river scenes, and the Candleabras move in from the wings, instead of rising from the floor.

Yes that's me. No, it's not a Rent homage.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#8Is BWW going to remind us every 2 weeka that the Phantom tour is closing?
Posted: 8/31/10 at 9:06am

I saw it in April of 2009 in Denver. Saw it on Broadway in the late 80's and wasn't impressed. The show was off and the chandelier didn't drop properly. The tour was really good. I had the chance to sit down with the tour's Advance Manager to talk about the touring production. Here is what I posted on the Denver site. The interview goes for 2 pages.

https://denver.broadwayworld.com/article/The_Technical_Side_of_THE_PHANTOM_OF_THE_OPERAs_North_American_Tour_20090422

Just give the world Love.