News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for timote316

Member Name: timote316
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Rear Mezz?  Jan 19 2020, 01:43:19 PM

Tried searching but haven't had any luck. Any reports on the rear mezz? Too far away? Never been in the mezz at the Broadway.

Jan 27 2019, 01:42:19 PM
I found a friend that will be taking the ticket. Thanks!
 Jan 27 2019, 12:34:43 PM
Box office opens at 10 when they have a matinee at 1. Which they do today.

I paid $39 for it, and like I said, Im not looking to scalp it.

Have a MOCKINGBIRD standing room ticket for tonight (1/27, 6:30) I can’t use...  Jan 27 2019, 11:29:12 AM
I dont want to scalp it or anything, Id just like it not to go to waste. Any suggestions on what to do with it?
Pippin cast changes  Sep 9 2014, 11:55:55 PM
Rachelle Rak was actually in the cast during its run at A.R.T. The poster said that the LP was new to this production but if they only meant the broadway production, it could very well be her.

She was not in the cast at ART. She was in the initial workshops for the production, but left the production before it premiered.

Anthony Rapp Is Injured: Curtis Holbrook to Fill In As  Aug 26 2014, 11:27:36 AM
I have a only a 'partially torn' Achilles and need to be in a boot for 8 weeks so.......

Sorry to hear that, craig. I've had achilles issues in the past and they are no fun.... but that's a completely different injury, you can't really draw comparisons to a knee injury.

The On the Twentieth Century revival artwork...  Jul 11 2014, 07:49:06 PM
It'd look infinitely better without random floating Cheno face.
Harmony To Broadway?  Sep 19 2013, 10:05:06 PM
Manilow will be put into the same category as Wildhorn - a pop composer

The results will be the same - horrible reviews

Right, I forgot that pop composers are uniformly bad and get unanimous pans. Cyndi Lauper's debut score was a turd that sank her show.

Reeve Carney is Dorian Gray for Showtime  Aug 27 2013, 06:11:09 PM
He was at the VMAs, sitting next to Taylor Swift. He starred in her video for I Knew You Were Trouble. She thanked him by name when she won some award or another on the show.
Les Mis 2014 Casting?  Aug 12 2013, 02:33:13 AM
I want Annaliese Van Der Pol to get a job on like the Wicked tour (Wicked specifically.... since it's like a machine one can rarely escape), just so people stop suggesting her for every single female role available.

We can all pretty much count on Samantha Barks as Eponine, right?

LAST FIVE YEARS Revival will receive recording!  Jun 21 2013, 11:14:10 PM
Some of the comments in this thread prove just why this revival was doomed from the get-go. The show has such a cult following that the only people accepted in the roles would be Scott and Butz. Not knocking those that have made the comments, just lamenting the fact that Wolfe and Kantor weren't given a fair shake by a chunk of the audience.

And for the record, I'm completely with iluvtheatertrash... I found Kantor to be fantastic in the role. I've seen the show numerous times at compan

Matilda: Balcony?  Apr 3 2013, 07:34:52 PM
I just bought seats for Row G balcony, far right. Still an okay view?

Yes. I sat on the outside aisle of row H, and it's a great view.

Matilda: Balcony Rows E-J View?  Mar 9 2013, 10:26:19 PM
Is there an outside aisle along the wall? Meaning... is the most house-right seat in the balcony an aisle seat?
Anyone else want a revival of THE WIZ?  Mar 2 2013, 03:38:21 PM
I suggested it because of Smash, not because she's perfect for the role. In fact, more the opposite.
Anyone else want a revival of THE WIZ?  Mar 2 2013, 03:12:07 PM
Jennifer Hudson as Dorothy?
Current Production of The Glass Menagerie in Cambridge, MA  Feb 20 2013, 12:41:25 AM
All I know is that the timing is going to be quite hectic for Quinto. If it's coming to Broadway, pretty safe bet that it'll be right under the Tonys cut-off date... which would also be about the time Star Trek promo would be starting. I'm sure they'll make it work (they always do with that kind of stuff), but he's going to be a very, very busy man.
Nick Carter's Fantastiks replacement?  Feb 17 2013, 12:03:13 PM
Shawn Carter, and he's bringing a new score with him.
A.R.T Pippin  Dec 10 2012, 08:42:29 PM
HoldThatThought, there were a few points in the show where I actually thought 'this sounds like the GODSPELL revival'. I didn't look up the connection beyond Schwartz, but that totally makes sense. And for what it's worth, I enjoyed the arrangements quite a bit in GODSPELL and now PIPPIN.

And Eric, the intermission is indeed after "Morning Glow". As I noted, it was my first exposure to PIPPIN, but if I didn't know otherwise, I'd assume it was written with an intermission there.
<

A.R.T Pippin  Dec 10 2012, 06:39:58 PM
And djb, I don't agree on Thomas's dancing skills. I thought the dance in "On the Right Track" was great, both Thomas and Miller nailing it. An off performance or maybe some sort of minor injury, perhaps? Could also be a case of different stroke... who knows. I do agree on that squatting thing he does, though. It was very Spidey-like.
A.R.T Pippin  Dec 10 2012, 06:36:24 PM
I'd sit further back, dramamama. The stage is low, but quite often there are a ton of things going on. I sat in row G, personally, and thought it was a more than fine seat. It's not a massive theater by any means.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You