News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Caravaggio

Caravaggio Profile Photo
Member Name: Caravaggio
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Stage Door Egos
 Apr 30 2005, 09:52:47 PM
I read all seven pages of this thread, and I understand your feelings, starlinght, but I respectfully disagree.

I feel very strongly that once the curtain goes down, the actor isn't obliged to do anything else. His job is done.

re: Stage Door Egos
 Apr 30 2005, 08:34:32 PM
Actually, Audryna, The idea that some fans petulantly DEMAND that an actor sign autographs or "give a kind word of gesture" after the curtain comes down TOTALLY eludes me.

You chide the actor that is rude or doesn't want to engage with the fans afterwards, but once the curtain comes down, their work for the day is finished. If they have done their job well, they hear the applause and cheers from the audience and for a lot of actors that's where they get their job satisfaction - N

re: Does SPELLING BEE have a chance to win Best Musical?
 Apr 18 2005, 10:54:58 AM
I also don't think SPAMALOT is going to get the Best Musical Tony, either. Yes, it's wildly popular, but I do think that a lot of people think it's too gimmicky. And none of the principals have made a breakaway performance the way Butz has in DRS.

re: Is Kristin Chenoweth getting to big for her boots?
 Oct 24 2004, 08:36:04 AM
I agree. She is making very astute choices in his film & TV work by doing showy bit roles in high-profile productions. More people will see her in the first weekend of BEWITCHED than her entire run of WICKED. She'll come back to Broadway.

That said, I would not be surprised if her "Alice in Wonderland" opera gets shelved (eeeew, bad idea) and if she cancels on THE APPLE TREE for Encores! in May.

re: 'All Shook Up' Poster
 Oct 17 2004, 10:20:41 PM
I agree with Mr. Tuttle - "Grease Reject".

If they had some imagination, they might have gone with a twisting Elvis pelvis...but then that might have seen like a TAKE ME OUT ripoff.

Pop-Rock Hit Cut-and-Paste shows
 Oct 17 2004, 10:17:07 PM
Although I am dreading the coming onslaight of Broadway shows with cut-and-paste scores built on previously recorded pop & rock hits, I was curious as how long this trend has been going on.

Before MAMMA MIA! and MOVIN' OUT, there was SMOKEY JOE'S CAFE...and the dreaded BEATLEMANIA... What else from seasons past?

Cut-And-Pastes from other genres included BUBBLING BROWN SUGAR, EUBIE!, AINT MISBEHAVIN', KAT AND THE KINGS...what others?

re: if you're going to get age specific about Mario Cantone's demographic audience . . .
 Oct 17 2004, 01:08:45 PM
I had enough "time with him" at his 1992 show (which I understand this show is essentially a re-tread of). I kept thinking, "So when does this stop being obnoxious and start getting funny?"

Cantone was always one of those comics (like Margaret Cho) that the gay press promoted as someone that any gay person would instantly find hysterical, presumably because they feel that we would collapse in stupefied glee every time one of them screamed or mugged. Or repated the SAME punch line with s

re: Who Else Misses.....
 Oct 16 2004, 11:19:32 PM
Just go to Show World. You'll see the same thing.
re: re: Nicole Kidman in The Pr
 Oct 16 2004, 11:17:11 PM
"I don't think that Mel Brooks would do anything stupid. He's a smart man."

You must have forgotten WHEN THINGS WERE ROTTEN.

re: if you're going to get age specific about Mario Cantone's demographic audience . . .
 Oct 16 2004, 09:43:45 AM
Well, THIS queer goombah thinks that Cantone's about as funny as a root canal.

I don't admire him at all.

re: So THAT'S who Harris Doran is!
 Sep 29 2004, 07:48:09 PM
It never hurts to be the cute boyfriend of a hot Broadway songwriter.

Just ask Gene Kelly.

awwww, bummer, man
 Sep 16 2004, 09:34:57 AM
Gee.....I guess he DOESN'T sign, then.
re: Will Nathan Lane be at FROGS by Wed. night.
 Sep 14 2004, 07:07:47 PM
Sorry to hear that Nathan was decaptitated. Bummer!

Will he still be able to sign my Playbill?

No Rain Date for the Broadway Flea Market
 Sep 14 2004, 02:23:04 PM
Just called to check...there is NO RAIN DATE for the Broadway Flea Market.

So, if we get residue from Ivan...bring your umbrellas.

As of now it doesn't look BAD...but it doesn't look GREAT, either.....

re: Page Six Kristin/Idina Story
 Aug 8 2004, 03:47:45 PM
"Kristin, I don't know HOW many times I have have to tell you this but I AM NOT INTERESTED IN HAVING JESUS AS MY PERSONAL SAVIOUR, Okay?!?!"
re: Caroline, Or Change to Close 8/29
 Aug 5 2004, 10:38:01 AM
Gee. What a coincidence.

It closes right before the GOP convention comes here...

I dunno why, but I think they should take this show to London.
I think it would be VERY strongly recieved there.

re: Matthew Broderick To Star in The Foreigner
 Aug 5 2004, 10:32:13 AM
Sounds like an absolutely perfect role for Matthew.
re: Nathan and Matthew and THE PRODUCERS
 Aug 5 2004, 10:30:16 AM
Jessica, I don't think we have to worry about THE PRODUCERS leaving anytime soon! :)

What's nice to hear is that people who have never seen Nathan & Matthew in the show are seeing it fresh and loving it just as much as we old-timers, with special raves for Brad, Hunter and John Tracey Egan (who was on as Roger DeBris when I last saw the show and who was pretty damn flawless).

I have read the source material
 Aug 3 2004, 12:37:01 PM
Gee, I guess you must have skipped his chapter in BBSG entitled THE FAGS, where it is quite evident that he is exceedingly uncomfortable that Broadway is a haven for gay men and lesbians.

I found myself astonished that such loathesome hatred could appear in a work obstensibly on the Broadway musical.

Hardly a shining example of the "taste" and "discernment" you find in him.

I have read the source material
 Aug 3 2004, 10:11:33 AM
What is your take on his homophobia?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You