News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tink2

Tink2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Tink2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Sunset Blvd Movie Adaptation Casting Ideas  Mar 7 2019, 07:08:23 PM

I can see Chris Pine, Patrick Wilson or Luke Evans as Joe. Chris is preferred choice.

Betty is more difficult. Perhaps Anne Hathaway. Maybe an up and coming Broadway actress.

My first choice for Max is Ciaran Hinds. He has done Assassins and POTO movie. Phenomenal speaking voice. The right age for Glenn. Second choice would be Kevin Kline if it is in his range.

Best Live Performances You've Ever Seen  Jun 9 2015, 04:08:02 PM

Yul Brynner- The King and I

Angela Landsbury, Len Cariou- Sweeney Todd

Patti Lupone, Mandy Patinkin- Evita

Colm Wilkinson- Les Miserables

Jim Dale, Glenn Close- Barnum

Sandy Duncan's  Dec 3 2014, 07:01:18 PM
I was lucky enough to see Sandy as Peter Pan on Broadway! I absolutely loved this show. I think Sandy was perfection in this role. Not only was her flying the best, but she actually walked and acted like a boy, as opposed to Mary Martin. So much energy and enthusiasm. I was as excited as the little ones when she flew straight out over the audience!
Debbie Reynolds To Get SAG Life Achievement Award  Aug 19 2014, 04:45:58 PM
Singing in the Rain!

Well deserved and long overdue.
Congratulations to Debbie Reynolds!

Christopher Walken cast as Captain Hook in Peter Pan Live!  Jul 13 2014, 02:49:07 PM
Very excited about this! Great casting! Think it will be Miley or Pink?
Clueless Coming To Broadway?  Jul 11 2014, 06:06:32 PM
^ yeah....as if.
Clueless Coming To Broadway?  Jul 11 2014, 06:04:47 PM
I think Cher should play Cher!
Dionne Warwick for Dionne!

Shows In Need of A Revival  Jul 11 2014, 05:57:15 PM
^ jkstheatrescene...I saw the original casts of Phantom, Les Mis, Evita and Sweeney Todd.
You can feel younger now.

Shows In Need of A Revival  Jul 10 2014, 05:07:27 AM
Sunset Boulevard
Man of La Mancha
Sweeney Todd
My Fair Lady

Hippity Hoppity, Wolverine's On His Way  Jun 9 2014, 07:22:08 PM
I never saw any articles about what Hugh would be doing, but it was a clever idea. It certainly got people talking.
Hippity Hoppity, Wolverine's On His Way  Jun 9 2014, 05:43:57 PM
I knew what Hugh was recreating the moment he started hopping. I did post about it in the Tony thread, with a link, right after his performance, but the thread was moving very fast. The number is called Take Me to Broadway, so that may be why it was chosen. ?

As I posted in the other thread, not nearly as good as NPH's opening last year, but it certainly shows that Hugh is in great shape and has a lot of endurance.

madbrian, they actually did show part of the Bobby Van clip dur

2014 Tony Awards  Jun 9 2014, 05:23:20 PM
I had to get up very early for work this morning. I was afraid I would fall asleep..and I did! Just caught up. I enjoyed the telecast, but last year's was one of the best I've ever seen.

Favorite performance- Idina. She really nailed it. I also loved Jesse and Carol. Jennifer Hudson was extremely good, too.

Loved,loved, loved the number from GG. This really made me want to see the show. My type of musical.

Looks like I'm the only one who realized what Hugh was re-crea

Official 2013 - 2014 Tony Awards Thread  Jun 8 2014, 08:16:58 PM
This is where age is helpful. : )
Hugh was recreating the opening dance scene performed by Bobby Van from Small Town Girl. They showed a little of it on one the monitors Hugh passed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtlHjso3LHA

Tony Awards Dress Rehearsal  Jun 8 2014, 04:23:30 PM
^^ Yes and Yes...according to the Live Rehearsal blog.
Official 2013 - 2014 Tony Awards Thread  Jun 8 2014, 04:21:44 PM
I get NY1 on Brighthouse cable here in FL. Yes! The Tony Red Carpet is listed in my online guide at 6PM.

BWW says we can watch The Red Carpet live on this site at 5PM.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Its-Tony-Sunday-Your-Guide-to-ALL-About-the-2014-Tony-Awards-20140608#.U5TEoShFvV8

Baritone and Soprano duets  May 27 2014, 05:10:05 PM
Phantom of the Opera- title song
What Do the Simple Folk Do- Camelot
Anything You Can Do- Annie Get Your Gun
Only Make Believe- Showboat (may be too romantic?)

Rumors - Neil Simon  May 18 2014, 05:05:16 PM
Longtime fan of Neil Simon. Great post FishermanBob. He does have a vast body of work. My favorites are Barefoot in the Park, The Odd Couple and Sweet Charity.
the Music Man  May 14 2014, 07:16:33 PM
Of course tastes vary, but I have never considered JT a pretty boy. He is nice looking, JMO. He is on SNL and The Tonight Show very frequently. I consider Eric McCormack a pretty boy and he was cast as Harold.
I am not against Seth in role. He would probably be very good. I just remember his unpopular turn as host of The Academy Awards and think that might be a negative.

the Music Man  May 14 2014, 04:49:46 PM
If Justin Timberlake would consider doing this, I think he'd be great.
Kristen Bell as Marion. She's red hot now as Princess Anna.

Shows you have seen?  May 2 2014, 06:06:28 AM
^ I agree WickedGinger. Seeing Yul Brenner in The King and I and Richard Harris in Camelot are two of my favorite theater memories.

The most amazing thing, to me, about this thread? Noticing that haterobics joined this board just over a month ago and is already a "Broadway Star."
< I am, obviously, a slacker.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You