News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for WISHIHADATONY

WISHIHADATONY Profile Photo
Member Name: WISHIHADATONY
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FOLLIES' Only Showstopper
 Sep 13 2011, 02:51:30 PM
It seems that many of the posters on the FOLLIES thread are basing their opinions on recordings of the show. FOLLIES indeed has a magnificent score.

However, in the original production on Broadway, FOLLIES was boring, dreadful and shockingly sleep inducing.

With all the songs that we have come to know (I'm Still Here, Broadway Baby, etc.), none of them were at all impressionable two weeks into the original Bway run without having heard the songs repeatedly before (we usually f

FOLLIES had no intermission tonight!
 Aug 24 2011, 12:09:34 PM
The original Broadway production of FOLLIES had no intermission.
re: PETER PAN flies again as television musical.
 Jul 29 2006, 09:38:43 AM
The score was not written by only Styne, Comden and Green. I believe it was Charlap and Leigh (obviously I could be exactly sure by checking the Internet Broadway DataBase.)who were first working on the score.

As Comden and Green talk about in their show, and subsequent CD (of a revival of the show,) 'A Party with Comden and Green,' they along with Jule Styne were called in to help while Peter Pan was doing its out of town try outs. Green said "there is nothing more secretly delic

re: Please Help! Community Theater Decision!
 Feb 19 2006, 01:08:10 PM
NO, NO, NANNETTE--None of the others mentioned, even belong in the same category of this masterpiece. NANNETTE is full of fabulous roles to play, songs to sing and dances to dance. It is one of the GREATS. NONE of the shows you mention come remotely close to being a NO, NO, NANNETTE. Good luck with whatever production you do.

THE PRODUCERS film review
 Jan 3 2006, 02:59:02 PM
oh well, here is my humble opinion below:

While eating a bialy with a dollop of lite cream cheese, it seemed appropriate to take stock of my thoughts of THE PRODUCERS film. Theater lovers and musical film devotees have anxioiusly awaited the arrival of Bialystock in Bloom (I suspect Nathan Lane likes the thought of Bialystock IN Bloom, but that is more appropriate for a posting about Brokeback Mountain.)
I had a delightful time at THE PRODUCERS film. I heartily recommend it to love

THE PRODUCERS film review
 Jan 2 2006, 11:00:12 AM
on FLORIDA message Board..........Lemme Know what you think of the film..Happy New Year to all!!!
re: difference between original and revival of Chicago?
 Oct 21 2005, 03:17:32 PM
Bobbybubby, you are correct......In the original production of CHICAGO, Me and My Baby was a full fledged "production number" led by the divine Gwen Verdon. On the OCR they only included Ms. Verdon's singing at the very beginning of the number. It is not reflective of what took place in the original show.
re: THE ODD COUPLE - REVIEW
 Oct 21 2005, 03:06:53 PM
OneEros69? Your "review" of THE ODD COUPLE kinda lost credibility when near the very beginning you have the following line:
'Nathan Lane is surprisingly good as Oscar.'

No one knowledgable within the theater community, heck even casual theatergoers, EXPECT Mr. Lane to be "at least" good as Oscar in THE ODD COUPLE. Your saying that Nathan Lane is 'surprisingly' good as Oscar.........simply makes no sense.

Julie Andrews Directed Boyfriend in Boston-Error in Piece
 Oct 21 2005, 01:00:19 PM
Rob did his usual excellent job in letting us know about this production in Boston. The "written piece" Rob links us to is problematic. The "author" of this piece, R. Scott Reedy, refers to Julie Andrews as an Academy Award Winner for THE SOUND OF MUSIC. Do these people not check their facts, or simply make them up as they go along? Of course, Ms. Andrews' one and only Oscar was for MARY POPPINS. :)

re: Ann Reinking info
 Oct 20 2005, 12:33:09 PM
I recall seeing Ann Reinking perform Against All Odds on the Oscars. I do not have that year's Oscars on tape. She did a poor job and it was embarassingly "presented." It was rather controversial at the time, because the folks that decide these things chose not to have Phil Collins perform his own song...instead they went with Ann Reinking?? Love her to death, but Ann Reinking performing that song was simply odd.......YOUR SECOND QUESTION RE ADDRESS FOR Ann Reinking????????
To BEST in

re: Foxx Endorses Fantasia for 'Dreamgirls' Role
 Oct 19 2005, 02:14:20 PM
Marquise, you are correct. And Roz Ryan was excellent. Fantasia Barino is an ideal choice for Effie(assuming she has some acting chops--even if not, there is a very strong director of actors doing this film,)and no weight gain is needed....Fantasia is sufficiently "overweight" for the part of Effie...the part of Effie, at least in the Broadway show, need not be played by a heavy woman. It simply cannot be played by an anorexic looking woman.

The part of Effie has been played on Bro

Betty Lee Hunt, Publicist for Dozens of Broadway Shows, Is Dead at 85 - playbill.com
 Oct 19 2005, 01:27:59 PM
https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=89410

Betty Lee Hunt and Maria Pucci meant the world to many young, struggling theater writers. I knew them both 30 years or so, ago...At that time, I was not aware that they were a couple. Betty Lee Hunt was a living legend among Broadway press agents. Maria Pucci was always the sweetest and warmest woman in the world. The lights of Broadway are a bit dimmer with the passing of Betty Lee Hunt. Maria Pucci, you know you are in the hearts and minds of the Broadway community. May the intense grief pass quickly. Remember, Betty Lee Hunt will be kept alive in your heart and the hearts of theaterlovers long after we have all spent our time on this earth.

re: movies you wish they would make into musicals
 Oct 16 2005, 01:37:22 AM
Marquise, THE APARTMENT, Oscar winning best picture, became the Broadway musical PROMISES, PROMISES. It won Jerry Orbach his Tony award. The hilarious book was adapted by Neil Simon and the Score was by Burt Bachrach and Hal David with direction by Robert Moore (who had just done Boys in the Band) and choregraphy by the brilliant Michael Bennett. The cd is great. Get it!
 Oct 16 2005, 01:34:14 AM
Sharon1, a few years back a musical stage adaptation of A STAR IS BORN was being worked on. Cy Coleman was doing new songs for the show and Donna Murphy was attached as the lead.
 Oct 16 2005, 01:32:41 AM
Dolly Parton has been working on the score for the stage musical of 9 to 5 for almost a year.
 Oct 16 2005, 01:31:15 AM
Sant, ALL ABOUT EVE was a musical. It played on Broadway at the Palace theater and won Lauren Bacall her first Tony for Best Actress in a Musical. The show won the Tony for best musical also. I believe the year was 1970. The book was by Comden and Green and the score was by Strouse and Adams........The show is APPLAUSE.
 Oct 16 2005, 01:29:11 AM
Mr.Bungee7, there is a musical based on the Peter Bogdonavich film PAPER MOON, of the same title. It has never played Broadway. I believe Gregory Harrison has played the part played by Ryan O'neal in the film.
re: Who thinks it's time for a Sunday in the Park Revival?
 Oct 15 2005, 03:46:57 PM
all of the revivals you mentioned were critical and commercial failures.............Sondheim shows (with rare exception) do not run........Consequently, the revivals of Sondheim shows do not run....SITWG will surely be revived, but it will be a financial failure, unless their are no profit expectations....SITWG is also great to see in the theater as a sleep indusive. It is dreadful and boring.....SITWG, plays much, much better on video and on cd than it does in the theater............I suspect
re: Could A Chorus Line Work As A Play?
 Oct 15 2005, 03:32:58 PM
no, it would be dreadful and dull as a play.
re: Most Unique Musical You've Ever Seen?
 Oct 15 2005, 03:30:53 PM
the Hal Prince/Sondheim revival of CANDIDE.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You