News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for eyecu

eyecu Profile Photo
Member Name: eyecu
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Musical Theatre Crimes
 Sep 21 2004, 10:09:22 PM
As long as they can get a good cast and not a group of movie stars who can't sing for the life of them.
re: Beast Transformation?
 Sep 21 2004, 09:53:54 PM
Oh, how dare you :-p

You work for Beauty and the Beast? I have a friend who does, maybe you know him?

re: AIDA in High Schools?
 Aug 15 2004, 01:15:12 AM
So how do you expect kids to get involved in theatre if they can't perform themselves...? you guys are silly.
re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
 Aug 13 2004, 12:09:41 AM
Dry your eyes little ones, if you've seen the show (multiple times for some), why is it such a big deal that it's closing? So what if the world doesn't appreciate the significance of "Caroline, or Change" or every other musical that has ever closed before it's time? Just be glad you yourself have been given the opportunity to enjoy it for what it is... well was. How many more times are you going to see it before your interests are diverted to the next "masterpiece" written? Let everyone see the
re: Wicked 8/11/04
 Aug 12 2004, 11:25:17 PM
I saw Sean McCourt and I have to agree. I thought he was the best Wizard to date, but that's just me. I also though Eden was a better Elphaba (Idina is amazing herself, don't get me wrong), so how serious can you take me? Go understudies!
re: Things I Learned From Broadway Shows
 Aug 5 2004, 09:05:05 PM
There's never been a cat as clever as magical Mr. Mistoffelees

"If thou shouldst wed a businessman, be wary, oh, be wary.
He'll tell you he's detained in town on business necessary,
His bus'ness is the bus'ness with his pretty secretary"

re: The difference between Little Shop and Aida
 Aug 5 2004, 01:07:37 AM
I never seen The Producers, I never really wanted too but now I think I do.
 Aug 5 2004, 12:20:35 AM
Yeah, I noticed that, and I agree with you to an extent. I'm usually the first to break down into tears, but I left Aida feeling like something was missing. I don't think she played the character as well as it could have been played. Though at points I really think she got into it, especially during the dance of the robe and the gods love nubia. Deborah is a decent actress, and I think she could get better.

She also has a really nice voice but it didn't sound strong enough for the part.

re: Jennifer in Wicked?
 Aug 5 2004, 12:03:10 AM
No, I saw it July 1st. I thought that was the day before Idina came back from shooting her movie but I could have been wrong? After The Wizard and I my boyfriend (who had seen it when it first came out) turned to me and sighed (he loves Idina) and said "She is better than Idina". I really want to see JLT too, she better be as good as everyone says she is. If only there weren't a dozens other shows I want to see before I go back and see a show again.
 Aug 4 2004, 11:55:41 PM
I saw Aida (for the first time) a few weeks ago and though I did enjoy it, Lisa Brescia as Amneris really made the show for me. She is amazing in the role, and it made up for the rest of the lackluster cast. Okay, so I have to give Deborah props for not being the typical popstar and completely ruining the role, and I'm not a big fan of Adam's voice but he does a fine job in the role, but that's where it ends. Our Zoser and Mereb were atrocious. I could barely sit through "Another Pyramid". It wa
re: Jennifer in Wicked?
 Aug 2 2004, 11:40:58 PM
Eden *is* amazing. I went with my friend her last performance before Idina returned back in July, and it saddens me to say that she's even better than Idina (my opinion only). I'm so glad I got to see her because I hear Idina rarely misses a show.
re: Wicked or Rent?
 Aug 1 2004, 01:54:12 PM
In my opinion Rent is one of the most overated shows in existance at this point. More so than Wicked at the very least. Rent is a good show. Just don't expect it to be a life altering experience. It's fun, with a few catchy tunes. Though alot of the cast is terrible right now so I would go with Wicked.
re: Wicked vs. Avenue Q
 Jul 31 2004, 04:00:23 AM
Avenue Q is your medicore comedy that lowers itself to crude humor to gain laughs. Not that it isn't funny, because it is. That's the only humor most adults understand. The music isn't anything too spectacular, and minus the whole puppet thing I wouldn't call it groundbreaking. Some can argue a deeper meaning under it all, but take it at face value and you'll have an enjoyable, fun show good for a laugh. Lets just see if it can face the test of time.

Wicked: The Musical is almost, what

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You