Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#0Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:22am

Call now. Get tickets. Save Caroline Or Change!

nystateomind04 Profile Photo
nystateomind04
#1re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:23am

i say we protest!

hawkeyemania Profile Photo
hawkeyemania
#2re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:27am

Why is this such a big deal. I mean I liked the show, it wasn't amazing but was very good. In my opinion this doesn't even compare to the anger I had when Assassins closed, I mean it won the tony for best revival for goodness sakes.

In the words of Mr. William Morris Barfee, "In my whole life I have only been able to breathe through one nostril and today is no exception!"

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#3re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:29am

Don't protest buy tickets! I love the show. If everyone buys tickets maybe then the show can be saved.
Hell. It happened with GYPSY for a little bit longer.
Save Caroline. First The Normal Heart. Now this.
I am very upset.
It is a brilliant score. This is a very big upset.
Updated On: 8/5/04 at 11:29 AM

BroadwayDiva Profile Photo
BroadwayDiva
#4re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:30am

I'm definitely buying tickets. I was iffy about seeing it, and I was like, "Oh, it'll be there in a few months", but now I'm definitely going to see it!!

Too many shows are closing. It's a shame.

I have my books and my poetry to protect me...

mominator Profile Photo
mominator
#5re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:31am

We are checking even as I type Corine2

"All I ask of you is one thing: please don't be cynical. I hate cynicism -- it's my least favorite quality and it doesn't lead anywhere. Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard and you're kind, amazing things will happen." Conan O'Brien

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#6re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!

Hawkeye honey, ASSASSINS closing was a disgrace as well, but winning a Tony doesn't say JackSh*t about the quality of a performance or a show.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#7re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!

IT IS Brilliant!
Why are you still here. BUY TICKETS!

kidmanboy Profile Photo
kidmanboy
#8re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:33am

Thank you matt_g, i was gonna say the same thing. If the tony's were solely based on artistic merit, I belive Caroline probably would have made a clean sweep. Please, if you have any small interest in seeing this show, GO!

hawkeyemania
#9re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:38am

Ok, that wasn't the exact thing i meant, but it usually helps with exposure and ticket sales, however, I believe that Assassins was a very good show. Take that for what it is worth.

In the words of Mr. William Morris Barfee, "In my whole life I have only been able to breathe through one nostril and today is no exception!"

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#10re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:41am

Calling ASSASSINS good is the understatment of the year. That and CAROLINE were the two best shows in town. Now they're both gone.

But than again, we should be happy CAROLINE is leaving so that the new Beach Boys musical has a home.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

#11re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:42am

Are all the cast members in the show for rest of the month?

I'm looking into getting tickets. It must not be selling well right now. You can get awesome seats tonight if you want on telecharge.com. You can get great seats tomorrow night too. I rarely see that.

hawkeyemania
#12re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:43am

Yea it pretty much sucks, but every show deserves a shot, it is just too bad that they had to take Caroline's
Any idea what is moving into Studio 54???

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#13re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:45am

Matt you forgot my favorite play "The Normal Heart" and Avenue Q.
I am very depressed. Please buy tickets to Caroline and save great theater.
Now I am upset about "The Normal Heart"
Updated On: 8/5/04 at 11:45 AM

mamamia sammy Profile Photo
mamamia sammy
#14re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:46am

Corine, do you actually rewrite these comments everytime or do you just copy and paste from previous posts?

BroadwayWorld: A home for the dangerously unhinged

KMF_NYC Profile Photo
KMF_NYC
#15re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:47am

Hawk...I agree that Assassins was great, but it was always meant as a limited run -- yes, it should have gone through October as many hoped, but it, like Carolyn is not fluff and splash -- it makes you think, the themes are upsetting and it's a sad state that the general public won't support this type of art...

I got my tickets for tomorrow night -- great seats row F...center -- hope to see many of you there.

"Sir K, the Viscount of Uppity-shire...." -- kissmycookie

crp2000 Profile Photo
crp2000
#16re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:47am

What was "The Normal Heart" about? Was it a musical? Who were the cast members?

joeyjoe Profile Photo
joeyjoe
#17re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 11:54am

hawkeye, the marquee for Pacific Overtures is up at Studio 54...

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#18re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 12:23pm

And yet "Bombay Dreams" still runs...

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

poodleboy Profile Photo
poodleboy
#19re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 12:59pm

Just got back from the box office, I got 3 tickets for August 24th.

JC14
#20re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 1:06pm

Just got my tickets for August 17. Can't wait.

musicalfandukie Profile Photo
musicalfandukie
#21re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 1:18pm

Assassins opened knowing it was only going to run a couple of months tho..that was the plan

SueleenGay Profile Photo
SueleenGay
#22re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 1:35pm

Corine,just out of curiosity, how many tickets have YOU bought? I mean FULL PRICE?

PEACE.

JakeB
#23re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 1:38pm

I'm not surprised. It's a good show if done in the right venue, but it's not for Broadway. Listening to the CD on constant repeat may be a way of increasing your enjoyment but on first-impression, first-viewing not knowing any of the music, it's not what some of the hype here suggests.

Chip1012 Profile Photo
Chip1012
#24re: Don't Let CAROLINE CLOSE!
Posted: 8/5/04 at 1:48pm

yes Corine, I expect you have bought out the entire theatre for the next 3 weeks?

Videos