Jennifer in Wicked?

directorkid Profile Photo
directorkid
#0Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 3:56pm

How is Jennifer Laura Thompson in Wicked? How does she compare to Kristen's perfect performance? How bout Joey and George?

wickedfan2 Profile Photo
wickedfan2
#1re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 4:03pm

I think there's a thread last week with lots of detail from someone who went to see it. You can probably due a search for "wicked" and find it.

NightLaughs Profile Photo
NightLaughs
#2re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 8:14pm

I saw her Saturday (My reviews floating around here somewhere) and I thought she was amazing. Hillarious, of course a wonderful singer and her chemistry with Idina was fabulous. I don't know how similar she was to Cheno but she did very well.

If you limit your choices to what seems possible or reasonable, you disconnect yourself from what you truly want, and all that is left is a compromise."- Robert Fritz

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#3re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 10:36pm

Shes supposedly amazing, but obviously, not as good as Cheno. Im actually excited to see her. I wanna see Eden in the role of Elphaba, though, before she leaves the show for Brooklyn!!! Jennifers supposed to be excellent so no worries.

ShbrtAlley44 Profile Photo
ShbrtAlley44
#4re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 11:28pm

Why is it obvious that she's not as good as Kristin Chenoweth?

#5re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 11:40pm

I have to respond to this. Saw JLT this weekend and she is BRILLIANT! She finally makes sense of that role. Sure KC probably got more laughs, but all via cheap shots played to the audience. My second time seeing her she actually stop there in a back bend tossing her hair for like 10 seconds just waiting for applause. Jennifer is a huge asset to that show, and you can see how much fun shes having, and Idina is enjoying her on stage so much as well. Popular is so touching now. Anyway the "Cheno" lovers may eat me alive, but JLT is in my opinion, much more polished in the role. Kudos to that casting!

eyecu Profile Photo
eyecu
#6re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 11:40pm

Eden *is* amazing. I went with my friend her last performance before Idina returned back in July, and it saddens me to say that she's even better than Idina (my opinion only). I'm so glad I got to see her because I hear Idina rarely misses a show.

morosco Profile Photo
morosco
#7re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 11:44pm

Oh heavens! When I saw your subject line I thought you were talking about Jennifer Holliday as Elphaba. (Hell! I'd go!)

marebare
#8re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/2/04 at 11:50pm

eyecu, were you there for the 7/3 matinee? That was my first time seeing Wicked and at first I was pretty dissapointed with Idina's absence but by the time Eden finished "The Wizard and I"...WOW!
And I can't wait to see JLT!

eyecu Profile Photo
eyecu
#9re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/5/04 at 12:03am

No, I saw it July 1st. I thought that was the day before Idina came back from shooting her movie but I could have been wrong? After The Wizard and I my boyfriend (who had seen it when it first came out) turned to me and sighed (he loves Idina) and said "She is better than Idina". I really want to see JLT too, she better be as good as everyone says she is. If only there weren't a dozens other shows I want to see before I go back and see a show again.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#10re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/5/04 at 12:09am

When is Eden leaving Wicked?

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

Copeman63 Profile Photo
Copeman63
#11re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/5/04 at 2:29am

I thought JLT was fabulous as (Ga)Glinda! She made the show for me. I saw Eden who was terrific, but I had my heart set on seeing Idina, because I won't be back in NYC until March. I think Joey and George were warming up to their roles, at least I hope they were, because they were pretty bad. I'm sure Cheno was great, but how dare you lower the excellent performance JLT gave.

If Lincoln were alive today, do you think he'd be pleased with his tunnel?

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#12re: Jennifer in Wicked?
Posted: 8/5/04 at 2:33am

I'm excited for JLT to be in the show. I love The Cheno, but it's refreshing to talk about someone new!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."
Updated On: 8/5/04 at 02:33 AM

Videos