pixeltracker

COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question

COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question

Holly Capon Weingart
#1COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question
Posted: 12/26/21 at 6:41pm

Help...has anyone tried to exchange discounted tickets for a cancelled show? I had tickets for Come From Away that I purchased for $69.with a discount code. We were all seated in the theater Tues. when the announcement was made that the show was cancelled. I'd like the same seats for a future date, but I don't want to be charged the current price. Has anyone had success in an even ticket exchange? thanks for any feedback or assistance. I haven't tried calling telecharge, Im sure they are swamped!

ArtMan
#2COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question
Posted: 12/26/21 at 7:20pm

I would still ask, because you have nothing to lose by asking.  But I would say, they will refund you and you will have to repurchase the tickets at whatever the price is.  I don't think (98% sure) they even exchange discounted tickets.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#3COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question
Posted: 12/26/21 at 9:49pm

Call telecharge when they open at 9. They will refund tkt. They usually refund and look for diff seat. 

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#4COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question
Posted: 12/26/21 at 10:12pm

Since the show was last Tuesday, I’m assuming they automatically refunded everyone’s tickets already. If you purchased online, you can check the order status on the Telecharge website, to see if that’s the case. Fortunately, Come From Away still has an active promo code, so, hopefully, you’ll be able to rebuy at the same price anyway.

Holly Capon Weingart
#5COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question
Posted: 12/26/21 at 10:39pm

The email said you can exchange or get a refund. Just wondering if anyone has ever exchanged a discounted ticket due to a covid cancellation.

broadfan327
#6COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question
Posted: 12/28/21 at 12:25am

I exchanged a Flying Over Sunset ahead of time in person at the box office, and they were very nice to give me the discounted rate for the replacement ticket.  Whenever I want to do something like this, I always go in person when the box office is not busy, and be very nice to the box office employee.  I can't imagine they would not honor the price, as they will be begging for business in January.