News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for duffny1

duffny1 Profile Photo
Member Name: duffny1
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  May 20 2023, 11:33:49 AM

I knew Ben would be out but wanted to see the show when it was up on TDF. I didn't know anything about Max Chernin but damn he was spectacular. Micaela also blew the roof off with her singing and acting. I can't wait to see it again. I'm not sure if I can post a picture but I asked an male usher at intermission and said if course it's ok. This is when Micaela was giving praise to Max..oops nevermind. It says I need a URL.

Lea Michele 'Special' Tony Award  Jan 12 2023, 10:16:02 AM

I stand by it. The bullying on both sides needs to stop.

Lea Michele 'Special' Tony Award  Jan 12 2023, 09:44:00 AM

I bet she will be asked to sing as a promotion for the broadway show and the upcoming tour. Whether she will do it, if she is asked is another story. I am not a fan of hers but I think this "toxic" talk should have run it's course by now. Now it is at the point where her detractors are bullying her.

Upcoming trip to see 7 shows! Any experience with using expired AirTrain card?  Nov 5 2021, 03:17:58 PM

I just sent two expired metrocards to the MTA and they sent me a one new card with both balances on it. It Warning, it took about 6 weeks. They told me that they will replace metrocards as long as they didn't expire over two years ago. If it is one year you can do it through the machine.

Dear Evan Hansen Ticket - Seat Geek reliable?  Oct 12 2021, 09:34:43 AM

I have a single ticket for the re-opening night of Dear Evan Hansen (December 11th) in the 2nd row of the Mezzanine (aisle seat). I am bummed that I have to miss it. I was told that I should use Seat Gook to sell it. Has anyone had problems reselling tickets on there?

Tickets for Dear Evan Hansen  May 11 2021, 02:09:48 PM

You can get Dear Evan Hansen Tickets now. Go to Dear Evan Hansen website and get them from the telecharge link to the right.

First Performance Plans  May 11 2021, 02:03:13 PM

I just got Opening Night tickets for Dear Evan Hansen December 11th. Tons of tickets available. Go to the DearEvanHansen website and click the telecharge link there.

Is Dreamgirls dead?  Dec 13 2019, 09:42:16 AM

Bibby87 said: "Seeing it again tonight in the West End with Marisha - Marisha needs to come over and be Amber's standby she is just soo incredible"

I agree Bibby87. I was a little excited to see this when I was in London on May 2, 2017 and being a little pissed that Amber wasn't going to perform. After watching Marisha Wallace perform, I can't imagine anyone doing it better. I am old and saw Jennifer Holiday a week after she won the Tony. Withou

Maybe Susan Boyle in Blood Brothers revival?  Jan 8 2019, 12:12:11 PM

Just a thought (sorry if others posted the same - i did a search). I loved the original Blood Brothers. Do you think Susan Boyle can act? She slays Wild Horses and it made me think of Blood Brothers. Thoughts?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yb3XAP0c8WU&list=RDYb3XAP0c8WU&start_radio=1&t=260

Mark Ballas Kinky Boots  Sep 17 2018, 11:45:58 AM

I saw the 2pm matinee on Saturday which was the first time since seeing the original cast. There were a lot of highlights but none included Mark Ballas. He seems like a good guy and his dancing was fine.

JFK - Airtran - Help  Mar 14 2017, 01:11:07 PM

I would totally avoid the subway from the AirTrain especially with bags -- lots of lugging suitcases, stairwells and walking. More direct and quicker is getting on the Long Island Railroad (LIRR) It is a little more expensive but you just take the Air Train to Jamaica Station - then LIRR to NY Penn Station.

Audience member arrested at intermission, last night , at Gin Game~~  Dec 19 2015, 04:12:05 PM

Thanks for pointing that out to me hater. I didn't realize it. I was at least there for five minutes of the intermission, you were not. Thanks for reminding me why I don't usually post on this board.

Audience member arrested at intermission, last night , at Gin Game~~  Dec 19 2015, 01:48:49 PM

Like I said... I was in the lobby downstairs during the intermission. I did return about 5 minutes before the second act and didn't notice anything. I totally respect the person who wrote this I just didn't see it happen... I certainly didn't hear anyone talking but, yes I was near the back of the orchestra. If it was as bad as everyone said I believe other people would have been shushing really loud and that I would have heard. There was none of that. If indeed the poster is corr

Audience member arrested at intermission, last night , at Gin Game~~  Dec 19 2015, 11:29:31 AM

Well I was there last night sitting in the orchestra section and this certainly did not happen. It was the 8 o'clock show and they started about 11 minutes late. I have a picture of my ticket if anyone needs to see it. Unless it happened in the balcony or during intermission... It did not happen. Not even sure why someone would post this. Again if it was done during the intermission I was in the lobby, But I certainly would have heard people chatting and fighting if they caused

TheaterMania Gold Club, Audience Extras, Play By Play  Nov 5 2015, 10:20:24 PM

Thanks for the input Scott . I have been a member of TheaterMania Gold Club for about 10 years now. I have to admit this was the year I wasn't going to join again because I felt like the offerings were just not there anymore. To me it all started when they changed their website. I did call them right before I was going to renew asking them to explain to me what has been happening. As always, their customer service was top rate and she said they were going to fix the site soon. That has be

Theatermania Gold Club  Apr 8 2015, 03:28:22 PM

"While I don't find myself overbooked this season, both groups had offerings for Bway and off-Bway I had wanted to see, two sets of tickets makes the membership worth the $$$.  I have got 16 sets of tickets from GC since July and just as many from PbP.  Well worth it.
 "

I agree with you Pammy - I have always loved it and the offerings were so good for MANY years. The staff couldn't have been nicer either. I am happy

Theatermania Gold Club  Apr 8 2015, 11:44:24 AM

Wow - Thanks for all the messages. There is a good shot that I cancel it in May. I also called them trying to figure out what was up. The woman who answered was very sweet but kept reiterating that there have been some great shows up -Blah Blah Blah. I'd have rather her say. It has been a liittle slow and this is the reason, instead of touting the two broadway shows that were up for a second 3 months ago.

I wonder if Scott left he was always sending emails and fol

Theatermania Gold Club  Apr 7 2015, 10:00:52 AM

I have been a member of the Gold club for about 8 years now. I have recommended it to everyone and have seen so many shows (good and bad) Is anyone else noticing that there are less shows than ever? It has been a terrible year with their offerings. Is there a better theater club that you could recommend? My membership is coming up for renewal and I was hoping I could hear your thoughts.

Hidden church in Times Square...  Sep 29 2014, 12:24:59 PM
John's is a great Pizza option in midtown and they take large groups too. This used to be the chapel for The Covenant House. This was the place where runaways were able to live here (many outreach programs)during the 70's and 80's (I believe). It was on the nasty stretch of 8th avenue nothing like it is today. I was in the chapel a couple of times while it belonged to Covenant House because my friend worked there(small chapel not like the writer said). I guess that means it was something else (b
Why do people leave?  Sep 29 2014, 10:52:47 AM
It all depends but leaving is something that I don't plan on doing. Many years ago, I was a casting director and used to see about 3 shows a week, after work. By the time intermission came along, if I wasn't interested, I would leave. It was a long day starting at 10 and not getting home till very late, so I appreciated an early night. Plus I didn't always have comps. Remember the shows used to start at 8pm not at 7pm. I also loved when I saw a great performance and called them in and they booke
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You