News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Enjolras77

Enjolras77 Profile Photo
Member Name: Enjolras77
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/cstonnell
Blog Address:
Profile:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Bravo Stephen Schwartz!  Apr 1 2016, 02:56:28 PM

I am an artist living in NC - Charlotte, specifically - and while I applaud Schwartz for taking a stand and for the intention behind his actions, part of me is saddened because it will negatively impact the city and artists who agree with him. The impetus behind the ridiculous HB2 was to rebuke the city of Charlotte for passing a law that allowed for greater inclusion and protection of LBGTQ individuals. It's sad that Charlotte will now bear punishment for th

59th Annual Drama Desk Awards-LIVE!  Jun 1 2014, 09:26:29 PM
So does Marge saying Susan Stromberg count as an Adele Dazeem joke? I'd hate for Andy Karl to have to go to her house...
59th Annual Drama Desk Awards-LIVE!  Jun 1 2014, 08:57:17 PM
The bees and then the silhouettes in Lady Hyacinth Abroad are a couple others.
59th Annual Drama Desk Awards-LIVE!  Jun 1 2014, 08:43:14 PM
Maybe they can put the Adele Dazeem contest into effect next week too...
When Did You Fall In Love With Audra McDonald?  Apr 27 2014, 01:34:31 PM
I was a fan dating back to Carousel and especially Ragtime, but became a devoted follower in the summer of 1998 when she came and did a special cabaret show at my university, Appalachian State. The show was on a Monday night off from Ragtime, and took place in what was then a coffee shop in the student union. She performed a lot of songs that would be on her soon-to-be-released "Way Back to Paradise" album - so in addition to hearing Audra's glorious voice that was also the night I was introduce
BRIDGES Cast Recording to be Released Digitally April 15th!  Apr 15 2014, 12:06:02 AM
Same here. It's after midnight and still listed as a partial album. The missing song is "One Second and a Million Miles"...
The Baronness Needs Her Own Show  Dec 3 2013, 06:36:53 PM
I'm sure this has been posted here before somewhere ...but for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, it's amazing!
Harmony To Broadway?  Sep 20 2013, 01:06:28 AM
Remember how Elton John was dismissed as a pop composer, and LESTAT...oh never mind...
Encore Suggestions  Jun 26 2013, 11:18:04 AM
Two I'd like to see are Seesaw and Drat! The Cat!
Murder Ballad?  Jun 18 2013, 07:40:50 PM
I believe Rebecca's last show before her hiatus is the Sunday evening show on July 14.
Rebecca Naomi Jones to take leave from Murder Ballad starting July 15th  Jun 13 2013, 10:43:26 AM
Just let out a big sigh of relief as I'm seeing MB at the Sunday night show on July 14.
Let's raise a glass to LaChiusa--his satire at the Tonys was the higligjht  Jun 10 2013, 11:39:52 PM
Based on a few tweets, evidently Josh Gad was supposed to be in the LaChiusa number as well...

"Unknown fact of the night:I was supposed to perform on tonight's Tony's & couldn't because of scheduling. Hint: you'll know it when u see it"

"So bummed I couldn't be there tonight to join @AndrewRannells and @meganhilty and the gang for the Tonys tonight. Scheduling conflict."

Musicals Set in The 1920's  May 23 2013, 09:55:07 PM
Floyd Collins
Singin' in the Rain

How Many Of The 40 Broadway Theaters Have You Been To?  May 21 2013, 12:24:43 PM
So far I've seen shows at 28/40, but will add the Palace and Music Box to the list this summer bringing me up to 30/40. Considering I live in NC and don't get up to NYC that often - I'm pleased with (almost) 30!

My theatres still to-do list is:
1. Ambassador Theatre
2. American Airlines Theatre
3. Belasco Theatre
4. Bernard B. Jacobs Theatre
5. Brooks Atkinson Theatre
6. Ethel Barrymore Theatre
7. Helen Hayes Theatre
8. Nederlander Theatre
9. New Amst

Biggest News of the Decade  May 20 2013, 02:30:14 PM
I agree -- no 10th anniversary celebration is complete without Margo.
Biggest News of the Decade  May 20 2013, 10:46:57 AM
Gotham -- It looks like we share the same 10 year anniversary. Has it really been that long?
Upcoming Cast Reocrdings  May 17 2013, 10:03:07 PM
Not Broadway...but the recording of the John Mellencamp / Stephen King musical "Ghost Brothers of Darkland County" is released on June 4.

I heard the show was kind of a mess but I'm interested in hearing the score.

Encores! Off-Center Casting?  Apr 22 2013, 04:03:58 PM
According to the City Center website, Cradle was performed at City Center with full orchestrations for the first time in 1947 with Bernstein conducting. (Wonder if this is foreshadowing?)

The only other one I am aware of (and my knowledge is at best limited) was a 1960 radio broadcast by the NY City Opera (per Wikipedia). There are some clips from this broadcast on YouTube.

Encores! Off-Center Casting?  Apr 22 2013, 03:21:32 PM
I wonder if they are going to perform "Cradle" with piano only (as per tradition) or if they are going to use full orchestrations? I would love to hear Blitzstein's original orchestrations.

I'm also very eager to see who is cast in this.

What do most posters on BW do for living?  Mar 11 2013, 09:13:32 PM
Education director for a professional orchestra
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You