News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MusicAngel

MusicAngel Profile Photo
Member Name: MusicAngel
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Alice Ripley in Next to Normal in Los Angeles
 Dec 28 2010, 03:14:55 PM
I saw N2N when it first opened on Broadway so I was extremely excited to see it in LA. Unfortunately, Alice's singing was a true disappointment. It was a total distraction, and I cringed every time she sang. Don’t get me wrong, I’ve always loved her acting but her singing just didn’t equate. People around me wondered how she won the Tony. I even saw heads nodding side to side every time she sang. It was unpleasant, and it was uncomfortable listening to her. Even by the type of applaud (or
PRISCILLA TAKES The Palace
 Oct 1 2010, 01:29:21 AM
Our Palace has 350 more seats than London's Palace.

Cool, it's actually a smaller venue! I'll be swinging by London in November for a few days, and I thought about watching it there. March 2011 is just too far away! Hopefully I can cram it in somehow.

Next to Normal view from first few rows
 Sep 22 2010, 02:09:28 PM
What theatre will you be seeing it at? I personally would sit a few rows back considering it's a high set. I can't wait to see how it will look at the Ahmanson!
Aaron Tveit
 Sep 22 2010, 01:38:17 PM
And why are you an Aaron fan again?? So far I'm not seeing the support..
Photo Flash: LEAP OF FAITH - Now in Previews!
 Sep 19 2010, 03:47:19 PM
Ahh yes, that cute little Mac. That's definitely an indicator of when the story took place. When I first saw it on stage, I was like "Wow, I haven't seen one of those since elementary!"
LEAP OF FAITH Previews
 Sep 19 2010, 03:33:20 PM
I just can't see this extending for another 2 weeks especially with Next to Normal coming around the corner.
Photo Flash: LEAP OF FAITH - Now in Previews!
 Sep 17 2010, 04:52:49 PM
I am surprised at how minimalistic the set is though.

That's an understatement. If they had panned out, you wouldn't see anything else but an empty stage.. oh, and corn. That's how most of the scenes were.

King Kong to come to Broadway?????
 Sep 16 2010, 07:29:12 PM
((Nods head))).. I honestly don't know what to say about this one. Although, I am enjoying all your comments about it.. hilarious!
LEAP OF FAITH Previews
 Sep 16 2010, 11:37:01 AM
luvtheEmcee - I totally agree with you about the sets or lack there of! It just seemed like the stage ate them all up. The corn field backdrop was not enough for that big of a stage.

Funny, I had forgotten to mention the music. Well, that should also say something about the show as well. Don't get me wrong, I actually did enjoy the music but as others have said, it's not memorable.

CurtainPullDowner - Yes, at least 2013 if not later!!

LEAP OF FAITH Previews
 Sep 16 2010, 03:38:11 AM
Ok, I'm back! The show was just ok for me. You know, it didn't feel as long as I had anticipated. Of course there is definitely room for editing. For example, I just didn't think the dancing was necessary even for the transitions. Yes, they were the town folk but a lot of their numbers were empty fillers IMO. I personally even think the first 10 minutes could have been done without as well.

Stage was VERY minimal, more like empty! Other than the tent scenes, a lot of it was most

LEAP OF FAITH Previews
 Sep 15 2010, 07:40:25 PM
My turn to see it all this myself tonight! Will compare notes later.
Leap of Faith casting announced
 Sep 3 2010, 05:46:16 PM
Got my tix last month! Can't wait to see this one!
End-of-summer box-office slumps?
 Sep 1 2010, 08:47:19 PM
The biggest dip is historically the week after Labour day, exacerbated by the anniversary of 9-11. Some people won`t fly that week at all.

This will actually be my 2nd time visiting NY for the 9/11 weekend. I'll be watching 3 shows.. maybe 4 in the 3 days I'm there. Guess the box office will benefit a bit from my few $$s.

Love Loss on Stage
 Aug 31 2010, 02:20:31 PM
Actually I saw this show last week here in LA with Meredith Baxter, Paula Christensen, Florence Henderson, Gina Torres and Marissa Jaret Winokur. I laughed, I cried, and I related! I say you'll have a better evening watching this than Addams Family.
Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 8/29
 Aug 30 2010, 07:37:50 PM
Lets see what Labor Day weekend brings in.
Short Shows?
 Aug 26 2010, 08:05:02 PM
Welp, the only show that comes to my mind that is absolutely short is Fuerza Bruta. It's only 65 min and worth seeing if you haven't already.
MUPPETS VERSION OF WICKED
 Aug 26 2010, 11:09:34 AM
This is probably the closest to it..
It's Official: Carney, Damiano & Page Open SPIDER-MAN on Broadway Dec. 21, 2010
 Aug 10 2010, 04:20:57 PM
It's giving me a Space Mountain kind of feel for some reason..
RENT at Hollywood Bowl (REVIEWS)
 Aug 10 2010, 12:12:34 AM
Em, who are you to argue with the 200,000 people who saw this over the course of three nights? That's 150,000 people a night!

Too funny!

Just something that irks me. And I guess I am mostly referring to poster Ryan's blog. The Bowl was not sold out. You not only say it was.. but also make a big deal of it? Sure there were a lot of people there on all three nights. But it was not sold out. I know it is silly. But mis information irritates me.

RENT at Hollywood Bowl (REVIEWS)
 Aug 8 2010, 07:57:28 PM
Wow, by looking at her videos, Nicole Scherzinger definitely surprised me! Besides bringing total hotness to the stage, she's definitely got the talent! Her "Over the Moon" performance was refreshing and I absolutely loved how she portrayed Maureen.. with such humor. She certainly can act and she's definitely got the pipes! Good for her!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You