News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DarlingElegantine

Member Name: DarlingElegantine
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Has any high school 'made up a show'?  Jul 25 2018, 06:01:12 AM

UncleCharlie said: "Helias High School in Jefferson City, Missouri created an original showand performed it last year.It was about this guy in Australia who desperatelycraved attention so he finds this theater board and starts an account and askridiculous questions, not because he had any interest in the answers but just to see how many he could get to respond. Then he started a second account, and a third and kept creating newaccounts but he was super easy to identify cause all his

Mamma Mia! Here We Go Again (Reactions Thread)  Jul 21 2018, 06:02:59 AM

Random thing- does Lily wear contacts in the film so her eyes match Meryl's? In the promo shots i've seen she has brown eyes and doesnt look very close to Meryl. Is it easy to believe theyre the same person?

CATS Film Adaptation Thread  Jul 20 2018, 10:03:43 AM

Hudson as Griz, Swift as Victoria (I'm already crying Victoria is too beautiful to be dragged through this), McKellen as Gus?

What even is this? Will Grumpy Cat get a cameo?

Who could be coming into Waitress post-McPhee?  Jul 19 2018, 08:11:51 PM

WldKingdomHM said: "I heard it’s a wife of a tony award winner actor but I could be wrong ...."

That narrows it down..

For real though, Heidi Blickenstaff? No idea what projects shes got booked at the moment though. 

Laura Osnes was on the cards for a while, but I doubt she'd replace. 

Mean Girls. Producing shows without rights, where to report?  Jul 1 2018, 10:57:32 AM

This is making the facebook rounds, being labelled 'illegal'. Does anyone have any information if it is legit? Or if it isnt, where is the best place to report it?

https://www.facebook.com/backstage.entrete/posts/2093500317605480

Bandstand Sheet Music  Jun 27 2018, 08:14:26 AM

I dont think a full score was ever published, but Samuel French have most of the songs on their website 

Who Would Win the Tony if Broadway Didn't Exist and There Were No Show?  Jun 27 2018, 01:28:00 AM

Audra, just Audra

Patti LuPone reacts to news presenters playing Evita footage of someone else  Jun 22 2018, 04:40:43 PM

qolbinau said: "Patti is hilarious. Australians are stupid when it comes to musicals.

https://twitter.com/rdmcphee/status/1009150290128441344
"

Nice generalisation, actually if you knew anything about theatre overseas, you'd recognise David Campbell, a leading man of Australian theatre. The people 'behind the scenes' of the news show probably aren't well versed in theatre, because you know, thats not their job. Patti is a treasure and had a laugh, there's nothing more to pick apart.

Non-Popular Female Princess/Queen Songs?  Apr 11 2018, 06:50:54 AM

I Wish, from Home

Roles they DIDN'T get....  Dec 2 2015, 05:46:56 PM

Bumping! 

Laura Osnes;

was in readings for Dames at sea

turned down Kate. Monster in avenue Q

wasin readings for Into the Woods 

Kate shindle has been very very close to Elphaba,but she's too tall

How do they do that?  Nov 25 2015, 05:14:05 PM

Not exactly on topic, but does anyone know the signal to 'okay" Glinda when she goes up in the bubble? I got the chance to talk to one of the touring casts and they spoke about the bubble. There's a signal that the ensemble member who clips glinda in does before she can fly, anyone know what it is? It may be different in different productions

Phantom and Wicked closing...  Nov 25 2015, 05:09:50 PM

LizzieCurry said: "Do you write clickbait for a living and just couldn't break the habit?

(The answer may surprise you!)

"Hahaha to be honest I hate click bait and will probably change the title once I figure out how to

re: Jerry's Girls  Nov 25 2015, 05:07:38 PM

Jerry's Girls opened in Australia this week. Very strong cast, hopefully some footage will be up soon

Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!  Nov 25 2015, 05:05:17 PM

If Jeremy Jordan was a solid dancer...

Phantom and Wicked 'overshadowing'  Nov 25 2015, 05:01:31 PM

So, firstly how long do we think Wicked and Phantom will stay open for? I feel like a lot of smaller shows have closed early because theyre over shadowed,

secondly, stunt casting? Sure, both shows sell themselves, but eventually people will get bored. Sutton Foster as Elphaba? Analeigh Ashford as Raoul? Who knows. I would although love to see Kate Shindle as Elphaba.

Harvey Weinstein to Bring SINGIN' IN THE RAIN to Broadway!  Nov 23 2015, 12:51:29 PM

Hopefully they transfer some of the Dames cast, Mara Davi especially would be wonderful

Musical comedy recommendations  Nov 23 2015, 12:48:29 PM

Something Rotten is wonderful! 

Sierra Boggess- out of SoR  Nov 22 2015, 03:28:19 PM

Quite sad really. Although I do think that if it wasn't done by ALW there's no way she would have been casted. Well, hopefully she isn't injured. It's great that Mamie Parras has been brought into the role

Sierra Boggess- out of SoR  Nov 22 2015, 03:20:05 PM

Does anyone know what's happened? Instagram rumours are saying she's broken her ankle but no confirmation yet.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You