News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for another sloe eyed vamp

another sloe eyed vamp Profile Photo
Member Name: another sloe eyed vamp
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BCEFA Fall Red Bucket Fundraising  Oct 28 2022, 04:59:14 PM

Pretty sure it was $500.

BCEFA Fall Red Bucket Fundraising  Oct 28 2022, 03:06:58 PM

Music Man had signed posters, and some kind of Xmas tree ornament with costume bits inside.

Wednesday (8-26) night they did an auction of the white gloves from the last costumes, signed by Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster. 

re: 'I Don't Get It': Well-Liked Performers You Don't Enjoy  Oct 28 2022, 03:04:13 PM

Anthony Newley. To be fair, I never saw him perform, but his singing is just painful.

And Ben Platt. 

Music Man Rush Line.  Oct 17 2022, 05:25:15 PM

Another dumb question - is there a separate line for rush tickets, or is it the same line for rush and full-price tickets?

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 10 2022, 04:27:08 PM

Sending you a PM.

INTO THE WOODS Previews  Jul 10 2022, 02:36:32 PM

Jujamcyn just issued me a refund on my ticket for Tuesday, so I guess the 5 days is pretty definite.

London Actors that should perform on Broadway!  Jan 18 2022, 12:30:32 PM

Damien Lewis. And Derek Jacobi.

COME FROM AWAY will be filmed; aiming September 2021 release  Aug 30 2021, 11:54:35 AM

It's not the money, it's the number of hoops Apple makes me jump through to sign up, if I don't already have an Apple ID and an iTunes account. I'd happily pay more just to not get involved with Apple.

Lyric Chicago - Broadway Concert Tonight  Jun 10 2021, 09:59:59 PM
I liked it a lot. Great song choices. Singers on a stage, not heads in boxes. And of course great singing.
Amour  Apr 3 2021, 10:02:28 PM

I enjoyed it, but if the preview put you off, it's hard to see that you'd like the rest. 

Amour  Apr 3 2021, 11:59:31 AM

I watched the "virtual revival" of Amour last night. It had 5 or 6 songs that aren't on the Broadway recording, and some different lyrics from the ones I know. Anyone know anything about this version?

BWay Shows That Did Not Get a Cast Recording  Mar 12 2021, 11:40:07 AM

Count me as someone else who's still upset the Kristin Chenoweth revival of The Apple Tree not being recorded. Kristin Chenoweth, Marc Kudisch and Brian d'Arcy James. How is it possible that no one recorded that?

re: The Greatest Musical Theatre Voices Ever?  Feb 17 2021, 10:17:33 AM

It's hard to believe that no one has mentioned Brian d'Arcy James.

THE MUSIC MAN Will Now Start Previews 12/20/21  Nov 10 2020, 02:20:33 PM

Has anyone successfully gotten a refund, since the last date change announcement? I got the email with my new dates on Oct 23, requested a refund the same day, but haven't yet gotten any acknowledgement, or the refund. I checked both my Telecharge account and my credit card. Their page says "Please do not call or email Telecharge.", which I understand, but have filled out the form twice now, and am wondering if they're just backed up, or if I should do something differe

I regret not seeing...  Oct 26 2020, 11:10:11 AM

Hamilton at the Public. The Apple Tree revival with Brian d'Arcy James and Marc Kudisch.

Shows I'm glad I took a chance on...  Oct 26 2020, 11:03:58 AM

Hadestown. I saw it in previews, knew almost nothing about it, and it turned out to be one of the best things I've ever seen. 

Arcadia. I was in Manhattan for work, had one night unexpectedly free, and not much time to pick out anything. I'm so glad I ended up at Arcadia. I was literally in tears at the end because it was over. 

What Are The Greatest Casts You’ve Ever Seen?  Jul 10 2020, 11:17:58 AM

Hadestown: André De Shields, Patrick Page, Amber Gray, Eva Noblezada

The Pillowman: Billy Crudup, Jeff Goldblum, Željko Ivanek, Michael Stuhlbarg

Arcadia: Blair Brown, Billy Crudup, Victor Garber, Robert Sean Leonard

Underrated and Overrated Broadway, West End, and/or Off-Broadway Musicals  May 10 2020, 02:49:05 PM

Underrated: Amour

Overrated: The Producers

National Theatre will stream "Frankenstein" for free this month  Apr 23 2020, 09:17:12 AM

I've seen both, and they're great. Absolutely worth watching.

Broadway Songs with twist endings  Apr 6 2020, 09:39:29 AM

Oklahoma, from Dirty Rotten Scoundrels. The twist is not entirely at the end; the whole song goes gradually in an unexpected direction, but the last line really makes it.

To some extent, Great Big Stuff has a twist right after the intro - you think it's going to be a lovely Robert Goulet-type ballad, and then it turns into a pretty vulgar rap.

Given the plot of the show, those make so much sense.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You