News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BroadwayBaby21

BroadwayBaby21 Profile Photo
Member Name: BroadwayBaby21
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://www.facebook.com/p/Laura_Martinez/19303898
Blog Address:
Profile: Hey all. I'm Laura. I'm a 21 year old senior History and Theatre Arts double major in Gettysburg College. :)

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BWW TV: Going GREEN with Mandy Gonzalez  Mar 19 2010, 01:09:03 AM
She sounds fantastic! Now I need to find the time/money to see Wicked again...
re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th  Dec 30 2009, 09:54:08 PM
Called ticketmaster a few hours ago, and got everything sorted out. I originally had tickets for the 10th. The ticketmaster people assured me that they are still valid, refunds were not issued yet and I didn't even have to re-purchase them.

Plus, I thought it was going to be a huge issue that I had purchased other broadway tickets for another show on that same day. But since it was not even 24 hours since I bought them and had not printed them yet, and that the ticketmaster email sayi

re: RAGTIME EXTENDS; Gets Reprieve Through Jan. 10th  Dec 30 2009, 05:31:42 PM
So YAY! I'm happy about this, since my tix were actually for the 10th matinee.

But, um, problem? I don't exactly know what to do. So we got the email from ticketmaster saying Ragtime's closing and we will be refunded. But now that it's extended, we still have our tickets, right? (Just to make sure).

BUT, since this was my Christmas present, after my sister got the email, she then bought tix for the same day to In The Heights so I can still see a show that day. Can we now e

re: You Knew It Was Coming: What/ How Many Shows Did YOU See This Year?  Dec 28 2009, 10:09:01 PM
Broadway:
Gyspy (closing night)
August: Osage County
Hair
Chicago
Accent on Youth
In the Heights
Wicked

Off-Bway:
Twelfth Night (Shakespeare in the Park)
Altar Boyz
Toxic Avenger
The Chimes (SPF)
Departure Lounge (SPF)
A Lifetime Burning

Tours:
Avenue Q
Pirates of Penzance

re: RAGTIME to Close on Sunday January 3, 2010  Dec 28 2009, 10:03:07 PM
I had tickets for the 10th, as a Christmas gift. I really wanted to see it. I was too young during the original run, and being a history nerd, I have loved this show since I first heard the OBCR years ago. I was soo looking forward to this!

It's a shame. Best of luck to the cast and crew!

re: Newsies making its way to the Broadway stage with a spring reading!  Dec 27 2009, 11:40:40 PM
I am really excited about this. I hope it actually comes true, as I love the movie (hence my pic, lol)

Capn, I've always wondered why Disney never did that too. It just seems like the obvious solution... but hey, it's disney. they never do what is obvious...

re: Try to list every Broadway musical you've ever seen.  Nov 9 2009, 03:59:20 PM
hmmm...

Les Miserables (original 2x, revival 1x)
Beauty and the Beast (2x)
Phantom of the Opera
Lion King
Kiss Me, Kate
Aida (2x)
42nd Street (2x)
Spring Awakening
Rent (2x)
Mamma Mia (2x)
Mary Poppins
Spamalot
Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
Wicked (3x)
Hair
South Pacific
In the Heights
Chicago
Avenue Q
Legally Blonde
Hairspray
Gypsy (LuPone, closing night)

Off-bway:
Toxic Avenger
Altar Boyz
re: Wicked Lottery  Nov 3 2009, 11:13:24 PM
I lived in the city this summer for an internship, and tried the wicked lotto probably about 10 times when I had nothing else to do. I won on my last night in the city. Great way to end my stay! :)
re: Broadway.com Ragtime Rehearsal Video  Oct 20 2009, 10:08:39 PM
I can't wait till Christmas break so I can see this. It looks AMAZING.

It's one of my favorite musicals and I'm so excited that it's back on Broadway. :)

re: How many times have you seen Wicked  Oct 19 2009, 05:04:20 PM
3 times.

First was with Idina & JLT two days before her fall.
Second was with Sho and Megan
Third was this summer with Dee and Alli. Lotto win! :)

re: NATIONAL EQUALITY MARCH!!! Oct.10-11  Oct 9 2009, 10:06:06 PM
I wish I could go, but Sunday is the first day of tech for the show I'm stage managing. I'll be there in spirit!
re: Just back from PHEDRE with Mirren & Cooper at the Ancient Theatre of Ep  Jul 12 2009, 06:05:30 PM
So jealous! I visited the Epidaurus theatre last fall as part of a school seminar, and absolutely loved it. Unfortunately did not get to see any productions, but the theatre itself is stunning and so well-preserved. I am very jealous indeed.
re: Toxic Avenger Show Cancellation Due to Injury - I Was There  Jul 6 2009, 04:51:05 PM
Oh wow, I was there too! I was volunteer ushering, and then was able to watch it. I saw him trip (and was one of the ones who gasped), but did not even realize he had hurt himself that badly.
This was my first time seeing it, so when the Black Dude came on to wipe up the blood (in the back I couldn't see what he was wiping up), I thought that was supposed to be there.

I totally couldn't tell that he was hurt, I didn't notice anything. Hope he heals quickly!

re: Will Swenson Backstage at HAIR Video  Jun 30 2009, 07:45:04 AM
Yeah, that's how I got down on stage, from the stairs behind the box seats. I saw people going down those, so I followed, lol. I was one of the last on stage, as I saw the stage manager telling the ushers to stop letting people down the stairs. :)
Let The Sunshine In  Jun 29 2009, 07:41:32 PM
I was at the Sun Mat, first time seeing it. I am now quite obsessed with the show, and cannot wait to see it again.
So happy I went up on stage to dance. I was right next to Allison, she was so nice. :)
Def going to try to get lotto or SRO tickets to see it again!

re: Harry Potter: the Musical!  Jun 26 2009, 12:02:45 AM
Just finished watching it. Hilarious!
The Quirrel/Voldemort thing was great, :)

re: Why Did They Take 'August' off TDF?  Jun 24 2009, 07:44:18 AM
I don't know if they are still doing this since its the last week, but if you find the people watching around the streets advertising it, you can get a flyer for $39 seats mezz. I did that at the beginning of the month.
re: Twelfth Night - Shakespeare In The Park  Jun 13 2009, 01:03:45 AM
I saw it tonight as well. My roommate won the virtual line, so we both went.
It was my first time seeing Twelfth Night live (I've read it many times though), and I thought it was great.
Hamish Linklater was so funny. Loved him!
And I really felt the songs added so much to it. Not to mention hearing Anne, Audra, and Raul sing together was amazing. :)

re: RAGTIME headed to Broadway!!!  Jun 11 2009, 12:58:10 PM
YAY! I am so excited for this, it's an amazing show. :)
re: Hair Cast Audience Interaction  Jun 10 2009, 05:29:03 PM
Just got back from the box office... Row D Mezz aisle seat for the 28th. I'm excited! :)
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You