News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Che2be

Che2be Profile Photo
Member Name: Che2be
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Gypsy- first preview- what happened in the audience?
 Mar 4 2008, 12:57:39 AM
I was sitting in the Mezz and it was very annoying having all those distractions through out the show. Especially right before Rose's Turn, because it really took away from the scene work. Everyone kept looking up at the balcony to see what had happened... anyway- the show:

If anyone saw it at City Center- VERY LITTLE was changed. Some blocking.. some costumes (mainly Patti's) Other than that- it is the same show.

Some pacing issues, and definately the feel of a first pub

re: Anthony Rapp on Rent's closing
 Jan 25 2008, 12:56:00 AM
let's just say i've heard little birds singing... and the name menzel has been thrown around with the word returns... talk amongst yourselves...
re: BARE Rights
 May 26 2006, 01:50:44 AM
This is a very old topic.. but I was still wondering if anyone knew who held the performance rights to BARE? I am helping my school pick out their season, and I thought BARE would be a good choice...
Robert

re: Songs for a New World
 Dec 28 2005, 01:09:25 AM
i agree with you amasis.. but i would still be interested in hearing Eden sing some of those songs... that's about it..
re: Songs for a New World
 Dec 28 2005, 01:00:12 AM
Woman 1: Sherie Rene Scott or Eden Espinosa

Woman 2: Patti Lupone ( Cause -I would KILL to hear Patti sing FLAGMAKER!)

Man 1: Darius DaHaas (He sang KING OF THE WORLD for the Symphony Space concert and was OUT OF CONTROL AMAZING!)

Man 2: Nobert Leo Butz (Let's face it, he would be amazing!)

re: Patti LuPone/ Evita Movie...
 Dec 28 2005, 12:54:36 AM
Well, as far as training goes.. Madonna's range and overall quality improved with her vocal lessons for EVITA...

which lead to dissapointment from her fans cause her voice is a little more "broadway" sounding now... I guess for the kind of music she sings, she started to sound too trained... You can definately notice a difference in Ray of Light from the previous album....

re: Patti LuPone/ Evita Movie...
 Dec 28 2005, 12:32:12 AM
I was completely with both Patti and Madonna around the same time... before the movie was actually released Patti seemed like she was supportive of Madonna...

after the movie was released.. Patti claimed she never had any desire to see it.. and still hasn't...

so- who knows.. the world may never know...

re: Why do some people hate Rosie so much?
 Dec 25 2005, 04:09:58 PM
Was this question about people in general disliking her.. OR
The Broadway community turning their backs on her?

In either case:
General- As with any outspoken liberal on mass media...The Conservatives (who also control the air waves) made her out to be a freak when she started to pose a threat to them. I applaud her for spearheading lots of wonderful causes, especially the "gay adoption" campaign. As long as the majority of America continues to accept EVERYTHING that is being

re: Eden Espinosa in Wicked
 Dec 20 2005, 05:32:28 AM
I am really excited to see someone new in this role. And I am excited that Eden is having a "go at it" since I missed her during her first run in Wicked.
re: Ragtime: What other composers auditioned?
 Dec 12 2005, 02:38:27 PM
umm... hello?! Stephen Sondheim!
re: Bare revival in LA
 Dec 11 2005, 05:24:59 AM
DAMN... I hate whom ever sent me into a mad frenzy like a petite little school girl... I shake my fist at you!
re: Bare revival in LA
 Dec 11 2005, 03:55:59 AM
What is Voices In Your Head Theatre Group? I want to know more about this production! PM if anyone knows anything... thanks
re: Sherie Rene Scott as Maureen
 Nov 30 2005, 09:17:20 AM
wow- I can't believe people booed her. But don't Idina fans always hate whomever replaces her... in any show?
re: Broadway Tattoos
 Nov 25 2005, 06:01:22 PM
I have the BROOKLYN logo on my lower back...
YEAH RIGHT-

re: RENT advice
 Nov 24 2005, 04:01:18 AM
SEE and SUPPORT LIVE THEATRE. You will connect with the piece a lot better if you see people working for their performance...
re: RENTBOY sees RENT - But Questions
 Nov 24 2005, 03:58:02 AM
I agree with most of the things being discussed... I am not an Adam Pascal fan, far from it. But he wasn't bad. He was good. Much better than I expected, but nothing to get him any kind of acting nomination for.
Rosario did an awesome job, I especially think she did great in WITHOUT YOU.
As far as acting NODs go, I think they all have some chance of getting something... Probably NOT Oscars. Golden Globes maybe. It's a tough season to judge acting awards with the big holiday films comin

re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
 Nov 24 2005, 03:52:15 AM
woops- got two posts mixed together.. but I am still sticking to my post.
re: apathy, entropy, empathy, ecstasy
 Nov 24 2005, 03:50:42 AM
This is a beautiful post. Thank you. Hopefully it will open the eyes of some of the immature teenagers on this site to stop posting ridiculous posts just to get attention.

re: Rosario Dawson...the weakest link
 Nov 24 2005, 03:46:09 AM
Can the immature audiences just freaking let an actor do their work? Rosario was great in the film and a far better singer than I expected.. How can someone who hasn't even SEEN the film even waste Board space with a ridiculous review like this??? GROW UP!
re: US Miss Saigon Tour Review (Long)
 Nov 10 2005, 08:23:38 PM
Most of the changes, that you mentioned, were "updates" or "revisions" done by the authors... Aside from staging issues and performances ofcourse...

I saw this production and didn't hate it as much as you did. You can't go into a show expecting either THE EXACT ORIGINAL BWAY everything, where is the freedom of expression there?, or whatever it was that you were expecting was probably a little grand wasn't it?

Although some of the actors have changed since I saw it, I thought

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You