News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Bare revival in LA

ajayspak2 Profile Photo
ajayspak2
#0Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 3:07am

heard from a friend in LA that Bare is coming back to LA, i couldn't believe it so I was wondering if anyone can back this up.

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#1re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 3:10am

There is nothing about it on the Hudson Theatre website. I'd have to imagine it'd get a mention there.

ThereisnoMOinTHEATRE
#2re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 3:42am

I heard this too! I already bought my ticket! SO EXCITED!

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#3re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 3:44am

Is it being performed by the Voices In Your Head Theatre Group?

ThereisnoMOinTHEATRE
#4re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 3:45am

Yes it is! They always put on the best shows!

Che2be Profile Photo
Che2be
#5re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 3:55am

What is Voices In Your Head Theatre Group? I want to know more about this production! PM if anyone knows anything... thanks

ZONEACE
#6re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 3:58am

that was a joke che. because MO is ****ing looney.

when ducks grow thumbs then maybe my opinion will change.

theatreboi11
#7re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 3:59am

Ugh! Seriously, I read the topics of these threads and keep getting excited. Why are there so many lies being told lately? *sigh*

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

Patronus Profile Photo
Patronus
#8re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 4:00am

It isn't a real theatre group. I was referring to the insane ramblings of this troll poster and how she probably has "voices in her head."

For the record, I wouldn't put much weight in this rumor. Both of the people who have posted that it might happen have made quite the evening for themselves causing problems around the site.

smartpenguin78 Profile Photo
smartpenguin78
#9re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 4:00am

Apparently, it is the latest craze. Start random misleading threads on BWW. And insult people, but that is as old as the hills. re: Bare revival in LA

I stand corrected, you are as vapid as they say.

theatreboi11
#10re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 4:02am

I totally agree! I just don't understand the need to create rumors or drama.

(Martha Graham from a letter to Agnes de Mille) "There is a vitality, a life force, a quickening That is translated through you into action, And because there is only one of you in all time, This expression is unique. If you block it, It will never exist through any other medium And be lost. The world will never have it. It is not your business to determine how good it is, Nor how valuable it is, Nor how it compares with other expressions. It is your business to keep it yours, clearly and directly, To keep the channel open. You do not even have to believe in yourself or your work. You have to keep open and aware Directly to the urges that motivate you. Keep the channel open. No artist is pleased. There is no satisfaction whatever at any time. There is only a queer, divine dissatisfaction, A blessed unrest that keeps us marching And makes us more alive than others."

Che2be Profile Photo
Che2be
#11re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 5:24am

DAMN... I hate whom ever sent me into a mad frenzy like a petite little school girl... I shake my fist at you!

eslgr8 Profile Photo
eslgr8
#12re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 11:34am

re: Bare revival in LA

Could it be this show, in Silverlake, same name, different show?

broadwayboy430 Profile Photo
broadwayboy430
#13re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/11/05 at 12:27pm

i know im going to get killed for this, but... what is BARE aoubt?

BroadwayThoughts
#14re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/12/05 at 4:29pm

It must be a different show ... because it has different authors. I wish Bare would come back to NYC .. it was (and still is) and amazing show with great music. I always listen to the music on my iPod!

And in response to what it is about (trying not to spoil anything) ... it is basically a "Romeo & Juliet" type story ... except the two main characters are gay and the setting is a Catholic boarding school.
Updated On: 12/12/05 at 04:29 PM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#15re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/12/05 at 4:31pm

Broadwayboy, check out www.bareapopopera.com

A work of art is an invitation to love.

Dirty Rotten Scoundrel Profile Photo
Dirty Rotten Scoundrel
#16re: Bare revival in LA
Posted: 12/12/05 at 4:32pm

"i know im going to get killed for this, but... what is BARE aoubt? "

There's a link to the full plot here, http://www.livejournal.com/community/bareopera/55856.html

This show is AMAZING, I LOVE the music.

Videos