News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for CarolynW

CarolynW Profile Photo
Member Name: CarolynW
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://vegasartscorner.com

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Anyone Out There Over 30 on This Board
 Dec 8 2008, 11:01:41 AM
To the original poster:

I am over 60 and when I do go to NYC, which has been a while...I pay full price for tickets and I live on a pension. So I save up for my trip there. I live in Las Vegas and prices for tickets are high here. People complain all the time about that, but we have discounts too and people do not seem to want to look for them. Most of the time they can ask the hotel about discount tickets or the box office.

FYI - Las Vegas does not have student rush, seni

Exclusive backstage footage from the Phantoms in London and on Broadway!
 Jul 1 2008, 06:22:58 PM
Exclusive backstage footage from the Phantoms in London and on Broadway!

Two were added today of John Cudia. Broadway's current Phantom takes his video camera behind the scenes to give us exclusive access backstage during his run.

The big night has finally arrived, and John Cudia chats to us during his first show, then welcomes some very special guests to his dressing room after the curtain goes down...

The videos are fun and even if you don't like Phantom I think you will enjoy the vidoes. Ramin is very funny in his last one. Here is where you can find all the video blogs that Ramin started and now John is doing for his time as the Phantom on Broadway.

http://www.thephantomoftheopera.com/phantoms_lair/

re: Priscilla-Queen of the Desert- Is it coming to the U.S.?
 May 29 2008, 11:22:50 AM
Really Useful is co-producing the production on the West End. They do not have anything confirmed about it yet, the last time I asked. I doubt they would co-produce the show in New York.

Yours,

Carolyn

Vegas TV news item
 May 19 2008, 12:01:44 PM
Yes, las Vegas does not have professional baseball teams, they do have the minor league team for the Dodgers. BUT, many PHANTOM members have sung for the various professional Basketball teams that play exhibition games here, and also the summer professional baseball teams that play exhibition games here. Not to mention other college sports venues.

We do not have professinal, baseball, football or basketball right now because our mayor cannot get the powers that be to agree to allow a

Gala and Red Carpet May 3, 2008
 May 6 2008, 07:39:07 PM
I have some Gala and Red Carpet photos on my Website now. Still have to put my review up, but am still dealing with a migraine. So only got the photos on today. I received them from photographers and friends.

Yours,

Carolyn

Some tragic news
 May 5 2008, 08:09:46 PM
A friend of mine in the cast of PHANTOM posted condolences from the Phantom cast on her Website, which is for the Las Vegas entertainment community. She also posted Taylor Sternberg's comments from his Website on her site.

"Heartfelt condolences to the Jersey Boys family

We at BROADWAY VEGAS are so deeply sorry to relay that one of the Jersey Boys cast members has passed away. John Altieri played Bob Crewe on the national tour and was slated to play the role here in Vegas. Th

JB: Las Vegas Opens Tonight
 May 4 2008, 01:16:23 PM
I have not done my review yet, but it will be a favorable one anyway. The show was great. I suffer from migrains and had one yesterday. I only got a about 4 hours sleep at the most. I will try and get my review out today.

As to the cast change they had a printed page made up only saying that the role of Bob Crewe is now being played by Salvatore and then under that Nathan Klau is currrently playing the other roles. They gave Nathan's bio in that. So it sounds like Salvatore is in

JB: Las Vegas Opens Tonight
 May 4 2008, 04:44:58 AM
I saw the show in Las Vegas last night as it was media night. I will be posting my review tomorrow hopefully, but not in this thread. I will post on the Las Vegas message board.

The new theatre is beautiful and very nicely done up for the show. Nice seats too roomy and confortable. We sat about mid-Orchestra and enjoyed the show very much. Getting out was a bit of a mess. I have to use a walker and needed the elevator, so it was hard getting to the elevator as most people were t

re: Las Vegas half price ticket booth
 Apr 16 2008, 04:43:06 PM
Contact the Venetian box office for $40 off ticket price. Not sure if that includes the cheap seats. Use the discount code POTO BLAST or PHANTOM BLAST. Also BroadwayBox has the $40 discount for PHANTOM usually and the discount ticket box office may also have it. You can order the Phantom tickets in advance with the discount.

I think this is all mentioned in the Las Vegas section and on that message board. Sorry I do not have BroadwayBox Website address. You can get it on ATC. A

re: Jersey Boys - Vegas Style
 Apr 9 2008, 04:57:59 PM
I am going media night, and I hope it is as good as you say. I am not a big fan of Franki Valli, but will give the show a chance.

Yours,

Carolyn

re: Phantom Writer....
 Apr 9 2008, 04:54:48 PM
The Tim Rice story was wrong. He had hoped when he first started the project that Rice would do the lyrics. But Time said did not get on board and then he went looking for another person. So now there are more rumors running around. The British newspapers like to take old news and make it new or post things they pick up from who knows where. It is all confusing now who the players are.

One report says only Ben is writing the book, another says Ben and Andrew are writing it toget

Apr 9 2008, 02:38:48 PM
Well, I only care about the music since I will never see the show. It is opening in London and may never come across to the US.

Check out Playbill's article.

I guess we just wait and see what it is all about.

Yours,

Carolyn

Apr 9 2008, 02:08:14 PM
I think maybe The Stage figured since Ben was writing the lyrics he was still involved in the book portion. I read ages ago he was out completely book and lyrics.

I think it if were official it would have been announced by ALW on his Website. My thoughts.

Yours,

Carolyn

re: WTF?
 Mar 13 2008, 09:55:49 PM
In the avatar sectionthe properties list the character as Piangi. I believe it is from the Mexico City production.

Yours,

Carolyn

re: WTF?
 Mar 13 2008, 06:50:29 PM
That is from a foreign production of Phantom. I can't remember which production. It is Piangi and if you had a better photo and the full face you would see it better. He has face paint and the headress is kind of like some woven material that looks like hair.

It is not a cat.

Yours,

Carolyn

Sweeney Todd Autographed Movie Poster on Ebay for Variety charity
 Mar 12 2008, 04:34:31 PM
Sweeney Todd Autographed Movie Poster on Ebay for Variety charity

I saw this at ShoWest yesterday and it is huge and beautifully framed. A very nice item for a person with the money and place to hang it. Right now it is at US $1,175.00.

Artwork measures 40 x 27 inches. It ddi not look like it was ever used in a movie theatre.

http://stores.ebay.com/Variety-The-Childrens-Charity

Description: Item Value: Priceless!
DreamWorks' Sweeney Todd Framed Autographed One-Sheet signed by:

Johnny Depp
Helena Bonham Carter
Tim Burton
Colleen Atwood
John Logan
Ed Sanders
Richard Zanuck
Walter Parkes
Laurie MacDonald
Jayne Wisener
Jamie Campbell Bower
Alan Rickman.
Certificate of Authenticity will be provided.

The item I liked they put up too, the X-Men Chess set it is not bad at the price it is, but I can't afford anything right now. :)

Yours,

Carolyn

ALW fans send 60th birthday greetings to him via the internet
 Mar 12 2008, 11:51:33 AM
Really Useful Group has set up a way for fans to post birthday greetings to Andrew via a special section on their Website. His birthday is March 22nd. ~Carolyn

Leave your tribute to Andrew Lloyd Webber click on the link I have provided.

re: Las Vegas Phantom VIP Experience?
 Feb 13 2008, 01:07:16 PM
I have heard good things about the VIP PHANTOm experience. I think you see the costumes and wigs from one account I read.

The VIP tour does not have discounted prices that I know of. I have paid full price to see PHANTOM here and I like the show very much. I have now see the show about 6 times in Las Vegas.

The acting and sets, and total experience is worth it to me.

Yours,

Carolyn

re: Canadian Sound of Music.....
 Jan 25 2008, 12:54:37 PM
For those that are happy that SOM is going to Canada I have provided a Website link. I assume they will continue to post news on this Website since the same producers are involved.

Yours,

Carolyn

re: Canadian Sound of Music.....
 Jan 25 2008, 12:49:04 PM
Here is more information than you wanted, but others might like the audition information. ~Carolyn

HOW DO YOU SOLVE A PROBLEM LIKE MARIA?

Temple Street Productions and CBC Television climb every mountain to find Canada’s next musical theatre star.

Who will be the next Maria von Trapp?

The search to find Canada’s Maria von Trapp starts January 25, 2008 with a seven-city cross-country audition tour that will culminate in the eight-week CBC Television se

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You