News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NOWaWarning

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
Member Name: NOWaWarning
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hilty & Simard to lead DEATH BECOMES HER in Chicago spring 2024  May 6 2024, 04:00:49 AM

I’m just starved for a good original score with good lyrics. I hope this show delivers that. With the cast and source material, I’m really rooting for it to succeed. 

What’s Your Favorite Song From the 23-24 Season  Apr 26 2024, 07:15:02 PM

“There Go I” from Days of Wine and Roses

Shows that were considerably changed after their Broadway run  Apr 22 2024, 03:21:01 AM

Follies has been tinkered with quite a bit since its original Broadway incarnation. Most notably its original West End production saw several songs replaced and some pretty significant book changes

Lempicka false advertising  Apr 20 2024, 11:43:48 PM

The deceptive quoting is definitely an issue and something I’ve only grown to despise more in this age of increased misinformation. And while Lempicka is far from the first show to do it, it’s not surprising it’s getting extra attention considering the discourse around the reviews. Plus the ad featuring the dishonest pull quotes is very obviously trying to play off of said discourse, so it just draws more attention to the fact that they’re deceptive. I r

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall  Apr 19 2024, 04:04:08 PM

How exciting! This could go so many ways. My guesses are:

Klea Blackhurst - “Broadway Baby”

Harolyn Blackwell - “One More Kiss”

Norbert Leo Butz - “Buddy’s Blues”

Len Cariou - “The Road You Didn’t Take”

Carolee Carmello - “I’m Still Here”

Christine Ebersole - “In Buddy’s Eyes”

Santino Fontana - “The Right Girl”

Jennifer Holliday -

NINE & BYE BYE BIRDIE at Kennedy Center - Cast?  Apr 16 2024, 04:41:48 PM

I’d love for Santino Fontana to get another crack at it. 

Cabaret stunt casting  Apr 13 2024, 03:00:52 AM

I haven’t seen this Cabaret so I’m not sure how she’d fit into this specific production’s vision, but I think Lindsay Lohan would truly be perfect casting for Sally.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 11 2024, 01:05:13 AM

I think that’s great casting! Wish it was more than just a voice role, but he’ll be great nonetheless. 

HERE WE ARE heads to the recording studio  Apr 5 2024, 12:45:04 PM

I’m so happy they’re doing a vinyl! I can’t wait to add it to my collection of other Sondheim original cast albums

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Apr 2 2024, 12:03:20 AM

TBFL said: "How do you know he's not a humanoid lion from the front? lol All of the characters/costumes in that shot are just slightly different from the 1939 version that everyone knows. You recognise them, but they're not the same. Basically they were not paying for licence to be able to copy the costumes. From the back, Bert Lahr's costume was the most realistic, even using real lion hair in it. To make it different for the film, they couldn't go backwards, as it w

Titanic Musical Based on Movie 1997  Mar 31 2024, 11:57:03 PM

I’m curious why the OP thinks a musical based on the film Titanic would be immune to the issues they pointed out in other new Broadway offerings (weak scores, cheap production values, etc.). Great source material is not what Broadway is missing right now. If it were that easy/affordable/marketable/trendy to just whip up a great score and dazzling visuals, don’t you think every show would have those?

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Mar 22 2024, 01:52:12 AM

If the brief shot of the lion in the teaser is any indication, Dillamond will be a literal goat instead of a humanoid goat

Hedwig Fan Casting  Mar 14 2024, 10:49:00 PM

What funny timing! I was just revisiting this show today. I’ll throw J Harrison Ghee’s name into the mix

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Mar 9 2024, 03:03:19 AM

Oh she’s gonna be so good! Her Roxie was the best I’ve seen live.

Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH  Feb 19 2024, 03:31:10 PM

Well they did just do a run at Paper Mill. I can’t imagine they’re changing that much (unfortunately). He’ll be fine.

FOLLIES Movie Adaptation in the Works!!  Feb 13 2024, 12:56:22 PM

carnzee said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "Phyllis and Sally are about 48-49 in FOLLIES. It’s mentioned in the book. "

No it isn't.
"

I know I’m responding to a 3 year old post and I’m probably preaching to the choir. But for the record, it most certainly is stated that they are 49. They talk about how they were 19 when they were all together last 30 years prior and Sally explicitly says, “I’m 49 years old.&rdqu

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Feb 12 2024, 04:45:51 PM

I do wish they hadn’t saddled Cynthia with those green contacts.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 30 2024, 03:11:36 PM

Glad to hear the runtimes for the movies won’t be bloated. I hope that’s true. Few films earn the right to be longer than 90 minutes, in my opinion.

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 30 2024, 02:59:49 PM

I just started listening to her memoir! It’s going to hit very differently going forward. RIP to one of the greatest Broadway stars of all time. If there was a Mount Rushmore of Broadway, she’d be up there.

Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread  Jan 20 2024, 10:27:04 PM

TheatreFan4 said: "Globefan said: "I predict filming will be fully wrapped within the next week or so."

According to Bowen, they wrapped this past week.
"

It sounded to me more like he wrapped, not filming in general. But I might have misunderstood 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You