News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NOWaWarning

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
Member Name: NOWaWarning
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

2024 Kennedy Center Honors
 Jul 18 2024, 05:23:54 PM

BrodyFosse123 said: "Ask any non-theater savvy person who Audra McDonald is and they have no idea who she is. Even those who watch THE GILDED AGE. Heck, I know countless people who go to Broadway regularly and have no idea who she is. Even when you point her out to them. I know many film/TV industry people who had no idea Ana Gasteyer was on Broadway and can even sing. Audra may have 75 Tony Awards, an Emmy Award and several nominations, but she’s not known my the mainstream ma

Carolee Carmello to lead KIMBERLY AKIMBO National Tour
 Jul 18 2024, 04:43:12 AM

My guess was Kuhn since she has the Tesori connection, but Carmello is thrilling casting! I can’t wait to hear her sing this score

Daisy Edgar-Jones to lead BEAUTIFUL: THE CAROLE KING MUSICAL film
 Jul 9 2024, 04:13:50 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "My first choice would be a fresh face. It would feel complimentary to Carole's arc in the show as she goes from aspiring songwriter to superstar recording artist. By casting someone who isn't necessarily a household name, it would make things easier for audiences to quickly identify the actress as Carole King."

A newcomer would be fun. Especially if you loaded the supporting cast and the various famous figures who pop up with stars.

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 Jul 8 2024, 07:55:34 PM

Kad said: She would sing the hell out of "Shy.""

Right?! And imagine her Happily Ever After!

City Center’s MATTRESS transferring to Broadway this summer
 Jul 8 2024, 07:38:44 PM

Someone on Twitter said Gasteyer should also stand by for Winnifred and now I can’t get that out of my head. She’d be sensational, but she’ll kill it as the Queen as well.

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
 Jun 27 2024, 08:36:45 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I think they thought Erivo would be a MUCH bigger draw and justify those stupid ticket prices."

It also doesn't help that she's in a one-song supporting role and you can watch her singing it on YouTube for free.

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season
 Jun 26 2024, 06:02:25 PM

And the contract has been signed?

LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
 Jun 26 2024, 02:21:06 AM

As much as everyone loved this, hasn’t the buzz died down? Seems unlikely for a transfer a year or two later, no?

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jun 25 2024, 12:24:27 AM

I was watching clips from the Live from Lincoln Center Passion the other day and it got me thinking about how nice a reunion would be with Cerveris and Audra. 

CAN'T HARDLY WAIT to be adapted into jukebox musical
 Jun 24 2024, 12:10:14 AM

This is one of my favorite movies and I think it could make a great musical, but I’m so disappointed to hear they’re not going to write an original score. 

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 17 2024, 12:06:02 AM

I definitely did not enjoy the telecast this year and agree that last year’s ceremony was ironically one of the best in a while because the strike forced them to trim the fat. But for me the biggest problem this year wasn’t any of the bits or the truly terrible sound or camera work, it was the nominees. These shows obviously have their fans, but there’s no denying that this was a weak season despite being quite crowded. Even if the telecast was produced perfectly, I don

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:55:49 PM

Princeton78 said: "Anyone else feeling a Taub upset in best actress?"

Not likely since she wasn’t nominated :p

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:43:49 PM

How come the lead actresses in plays only got montages instead of proper clips like the other play nominees got? Cut for time?

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:35:04 PM

New Wicked tv spot!

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:31:51 PM

HenryTDobson said: "Do nominees have a general idea of when their category is going to be presented?"

Yep! It’s all planned and rehearsed.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:13:02 PM

MemorableUserName said: "It's so weird that they did Lead Actor in a Play at the top of the show but are holding all the other Lead categories for the final hour (like awards shoes usually do). Is it somehow less prestigious this year? Not enough stars? Strong at least seems popular enough they might have wanted to hold his possible win to later so people stayed tune."

I think they’ve been doing that with either Lead Actor or Actress in a Play for at least

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:08:24 PM

No offense meant to these very handsome men, but why are they presenting Best Play? Did I miss something?

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:49:57 PM

I don’t love this production of Cabaret, but I surprisingly enjoyed that performance. It helped that it had some of the best and cleanest camera work so far. Although I do hope one day a production of Cabaret will perform another number. I get why they always go with Wilkommen, but jeez

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:38:09 PM

So far Illinoise is the only Best Musical performance that has landed for me. I’m rooting for it to somehow win.

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 09:17:48 PM

Well Wade McCollum is my new crush

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You