News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BeingAlive 2

Member Name: BeingAlive 2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Is this Celia Keenan-Bolger’s Year?
 Apr 23 2019, 11:48:03 AM

I am so excited at the prospect of Celia finally get the long overdue recognition she deserves. Its always so thrilling when a beloved theater actor gets such a high profile production  and gives a performance as good as her work in Mockingbird. Loved her since her Spelling Bee days and really wish she had won for The Glass Menagerie. Do you all think shes in a good position to win a Tony this year?

Best Actress in a Play predictions
 Apr 7 2019, 11:24:17 PM
Sorry to begin another tony predictions thread but for my money this is one of THE categories of the year and I was curious to read more discussion on it. So much l phenomenal work. At the moment I imagine the nominees will likely be:

Laura Donnelly, The Ferryman
Glenda Jackson, King Lear
Elaine May, The Waverly Gallery
Laurie Metcalf, Hillary and Clinton
Heidi Schreck, What the Constitution Means to Me

My gut is telling me May has this but can you ever count

Drama Book Shop closing next year
 Oct 24 2018, 02:56:11 PM

https://www.crainsnewyork.com/real-estate/popular-broadway-bookstore-close-after-rent-hike

Over rent. Heartbroken. 

Is "Hillary and Clinton" happening?
 Oct 2 2018, 02:46:40 PM

Any truth to the Laurie Metcalf rumor I've been hearing?

Way too early 2018 Tony Predictions Thread
 Apr 13 2018, 12:34:41 AM

What a strange year this is! Best Actress in a Play is really perplexing me as of now. Outside of Jackson, Rash?d, and Ridloff who do you go for. I was trying to discern who is most likely out of Schumer, Thurman, and McGovern (and the women of Marvin’s Room). I put Schumer and McGovern now but I felt weird putting Schumer especially since I don’t see Benanti getting in now!

Best Musical
The Band’s Visit*
Frozen
Mean Girls
SpongeBob SquarePants

Elaine May, Michael Cera and Lucas Hedges to star in The Waverly Gallery
 Apr 11 2018, 02:04:37 PM

Woah!!!!! Elaine May!!! I could not be more excited for this!!

http://www.playbill.com/article/elaine-may-michael-cera-and-lucas-hedges-to-star-in-kenneth-lonergans-the-waverly-gallery-on-broadway

SAINT JOAN (2018) Previews
 Apr 3 2018, 09:58:10 AM

I am so excited to hear reports about this!! Condola has quickly become one of the most exciting actresses for me. Also reread the play and it truly does hold up magnificently. So excited to see what Daniel Sullivan does with this. 

MY FAIR LADY (2018) Previews
 Mar 20 2018, 05:59:39 PM

would love to be pmed as well!

R.I.P. Jan Maxwell
 Feb 12 2018, 06:02:08 PM

I cannot explain how devastated this news has made me. Her work meant so much to me as a young actor and the performances of hers I was lucky to see I will cherish forever. Her performance is Follies was so electrifying,I will never forget it. And her work with the Potomac Theatre Project is also truly staggering. She adored her work and it showed on whatever stage she performed on. 

Rest In Peace, Rick McKay
 Jan 30 2018, 02:45:36 PM

This is absolutely devastating. I can't even begin to describe what Broadway the Golden Age means to me. I'm so sorry for your loss of your friend, Jordan. His work has truly meant so much to me and so many of us. And I we all owe him a huge debt of gratitude for recording and preserving so many treasures of the American theatre. 

Santino Fontana will play the lead in Tootsie the Musical
 Jan 24 2018, 05:05:39 PM
That’s so exciting Jordan!! Was Stephanie in the Terri Garr role?
What's next for Ana Villafañe?
 Aug 28 2017, 08:10:54 PM

Any ideas guys?Shes been hinting at some new project on social media for a while. Anybody have any insight or guesses into what it could be (if it is a theatre project)?I really loved her performance in On Your Feet and wish she had a way better book to work with. Will be interesting to see her take on a non-Gloria role. 

R.I.P. Sam Shepard
 Jul 31 2017, 10:48:06 AM

My goodness. What a loss. 

Eliza? - My Fair Lady Revival 2018
 Jul 30 2017, 03:15:07 PM

I agree GeorgeandDot it is very strange, especially after what Jordan said. Is it at all in any way possible that Benanti is doing it and they're trying to keep her casting under wraps until all deals are in place? I am not in the in industry so I am not sure how these things work- I only ask considering so many connected to the business seemed sure. Either way, it is sad that it doesn't look like Benanti will be doing it. Here's hoping whoever it is an ex

Jul 30 2017, 01:49:31 PM

A Doll's House, Part 2 2.0
 Jul 30 2017, 12:41:37 PM

VotePeron said: "@BeingAlive2: if what the above poster says is true, and I'm inclined to believe them since they were there and you were not, I would refrain from ever posting something your friend said again. Posting false info and accusations like that is absurd, rude, and makes you into a total asshole. 

I sincerely apologize. I actually think I got the day wrong and they were there either there the day before that or the performance before. But I understand

A Doll's House, Part 2 2.0
 Jul 29 2017, 10:10:34 PM

Had a friend who saw it yesterday and said that Julie was really struggling with lines throughout the show. She called for line five times and then during her scene with Emmy, apparently got visibly frustrated and walked off stage mid -scene and was gone for two minutes while Erin Wilhelmi waited. Hopefully things will get better  with more shows under their belt. 

Jul 17 2017, 06:18:47 PM

Gosh both Park and Benanti are thrilling choices. As a non-white artist myself,  the idea of someone as brilliant as Ashley getting this opportunity is so exciting on its own but then you add in how historic it would be its truly wonderful. And Benanti- gosh I've been wanting to see her do this role for over a decade- she'd be stunning. I gotta say, the suspense is killing me (although I'm guessing its Laura since Jordan's clues lead more directly to her and Jor

Jane Krakowski and Laura Benanti drama?
 Jun 21 2017, 10:55:34 AM

I dont think this is true.  I do remember Benanti being upset on twitter when Krakowski released a similar Peter Pan Live! audition parody video. She retweeted a lot of people saying Jane copied her but that was after Nine and before she loves me but that seemed to all be in good humor . However, Laura did post an instagram two weeks ago of her baby and thanked Jane for giving her the baby blanket, so I can't imagine they are really at odds with each other. 

Linney or Metcalf for the Tony
 Jun 4 2017, 11:34:59 PM

Really fascinating race and two incredible performers. The general impression from this board and most critics seemed to be that Metcalf had this locked, making Linney's Drama Desk and Outer Critics wins are both  surprising. Also interesting as both are on their 4th nominations. Thoughts on who will win? Also sorry if this feels like yet another tony thread-this seemed like such a specific thing to discuss, that I thought it might warrant its own thread. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You