News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Blue_Lotus

Blue_Lotus Profile Photo
Member Name: Blue_Lotus
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Mike Nichols Biopic!  Mar 4 2024, 10:15:04 PM

Jonathan Cohen said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I’d love to see Sarah Silverman as Elaine May as she’s proven she’s a great character actress in MAESTRO."

I think the movie is primarily about the periodwhen Nichols was makingWho's Afraid of Virginia Woolf? - Elaine May was 34 when the movie came out. Silverman is 53 now, she might have missed her window for that role.
"

Oh! So it doesn’t “touch lightly”

COLOR PURPLE movie musical currently in development  Dec 19 2023, 09:03:27 AM

I actually like the UK poster art more than I do the (US) one. 

Streisand Reworking Funny Girl Ending  Oct 11 2023, 02:06:17 PM

Here is an article from Vanity Fair pleading her case:

Barbra Streisand on THE WAY WE WERE and Her Fight to Get It Right

Streisand Reworking Funny Girl Ending  Oct 11 2023, 01:25:04 PM

There is some backlash in film circles regarding her decision to do this. Pollack felt the scenes in question were unnecessary, but Streisand always disagreed with his decision to cut them out.  Many feel she is taking advantage of the fact that he has passed on by doing this against his original artistic vision.

Streisand Reworking Funny Girl Ending  Oct 11 2023, 01:20:18 PM

Brolin is referring to the new alternate cut of THE WAY WE WERE which will also be included in the upcoming 4K UHD/Blu-ray 50th anniversary edition of the film to be released on November 21st.

In close collaboration with Barbra Streisand and in celebration of the 50th anniversary of Sydney Pollack's classic film, Columbia Pictures presents a new extended version of THE WAY WE WERE — restoring two important scenes where the love story and the political story come together &mda

THE SOUND OF MUSIC super deluxe film soundtrack to be released  Oct 1 2023, 06:26:23 AM

The Other One said: "I wonder if it will include this, Marni Nixon's guide for foreign dubbers.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RphAMQa7fDs&t=374s"

It does not. It does however include her demo recording of “I Have Confidence”

PURLIE VICTORIOUS Previews  Sep 16 2023, 12:21:15 AM

A Chorus Line Revival  Aug 25 2023, 03:39:34 PM

Alexander Lamar said: "Never in my life do I want to see A Chorus Line without the original choreography. For me, it’s as important to the story as the text and music."

I agree. The choreography is part of the show's DNA. For me it simply is not A CHORUS LINE without Bennett's choreography. 

A Chorus Line Revival  Aug 25 2023, 02:42:00 PM

On the subject of replacements, I seem to recall reading somewhere, it may have been in the Mandelbaum book, "A Chorus Line and the Musicals of Michael Bennett", that Bennett was not confident in the fourteen newcomers that were hired as replacements for the original cast. They were signed to something called "conversion contracts" which gave the management the option to convert the performer's contract to a run-of-the-play contract after the fifth performance or leave

Chita : fell Saturday night?  Aug 25 2023, 02:17:57 PM

Oh my! I am so glad she's okay and out & about! 

First Look - Bradley Cooper as Leonard Bernstein  Aug 16 2023, 06:00:28 PM

Leonard Bernstein’s Children Defend Bradley Cooper’s Prosthetic Nose in ‘Maestro’: ‘Our Dad Would Have Been Fine With It’

PARADE On Broadway - News & Discussion Thread  Aug 5 2023, 04:20:13 PM

BETTY22 said: "I don't understand why this is closing.

In these ugly times when folks are chatting 'jews will not replace us,' we need shows like Parade.

It's a limited run. That is why it's closing. 

Your favorite Broadway show based on a movie?  Aug 5 2023, 02:09:53 PM

Mame

A Little Night Music

Promises, Promises

Does anyone recall a 1971 Broadway musical titled  Jul 9 2023, 06:35:00 AM

Total Deja Vu that this show is being mentioned here now! I was cleaning the house yesterday and as I tend to do I was listening to my theater playlist when all of a sudden "Deep in the Night" by Linda Hopkins starts playing - - - and I stopped dead in my tracks and stayed there and didn't move a muscle until the song was over. What a voice and what a song! I had forgotten that I had the recording in my digital music library so it was a very welcomed surprise! 

Leslie Odom, Jr. sets Broadway return in revival of PURLIE VICTORIOUS, directed by Kenny Leon.  Jun 15 2023, 03:10:44 PM

ManOfLaMuncha said: "I've never heard anyone sing "I've Got Love" except Melba Moore. She sang the hell out of that song! I saw her in concert twice many years ago. Once it was at an upstate theater and got very foggy. People weren't showing up for the second show, so she invited us all to stay and sang for at least another hour! Amazing voice, and very nice lady !

Going back and reading the article, this is the non musical version of the play. I didn

Glenda Jackson has died, age 87  Jun 15 2023, 01:56:45 PM

Echoing the sentiments here that this is a great loss. She left her indelible stamp on every role she played. A tour de force performance in WOMEN IN LOVE being one of them. 

Leslie Odom, Jr. sets Broadway return in revival of PURLIE VICTORIOUS, directed by Kenny Leon.  Jun 15 2023, 01:53:18 PM

I believe this is a revival of the play and not the musical

EVITA at the ART - Reviews  Jun 9 2023, 12:07:29 PM

joevitus said: "“'Evita' has always wanted you to cry for Eva Perón,has always tried to jerk those tears out of you by bookending its story with her early death.

But this Tim Rice-Andrew Lloyd Webber musical has often felt divided against itself"

Oh, boy, do I disagree with that assessment.
"

I completely agree with you joevitus - EVITA was not produced to illicit any sort of sympathy for Eva Duarte de Perón 

Being Mary Tyler Moore  May 27 2023, 07:09:45 PM

inception said: "I've been watching the remastered episodes of Cheers in HD that Paramount/CBS/Viacom did, and was just thinking how much I wish that 20th Century Fox had cared as much about their properties & back catalogue. Who knows if any of the original elements from The Mary Tyler Moore Show even still exist? Fortunately everything from The Dick Van Dyke show was saved at Desilu, and the HD remaster of that show is glorious."

Sadly all Fox properties re

Kail to direct Disney’s live-action MOANA movie musical  May 27 2023, 06:44:34 AM

MichelleCraig said: "After all is said and done, it is the Disney animated classics that remain classics…not the live-action reinterpretations."

Yes. The only one I really liked was “Cinderella”. The others fall short. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You