News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jdanton2

jdanton2 Profile Photo
Member Name: jdanton2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Latoya London heading to Broadway???
 Aug 14 2006, 05:06:24 AM
she is not a game show contestant .she is a very talented singer that appeared on one.
re: Latoya London heading to Broadway???
 Aug 14 2006, 04:39:55 AM
i have heard nothing official but this article says she is going for The Wiz or Rent.

http://www.richmondermet.org/reaf10.1/events_7.30.06/CastDetail7-06.html

Latoya London heading to Broadway???
 Jul 19 2006, 03:22:19 PM
another former idol singer may be heading to broadway .not sure what show it is but its mentioned in this article.

http://www.pressconnects.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060719/NEWS01/60719006

Tamyra Gray performs Dreamgirls song in H&M film /ad(watch here)
 Sep 9 2005, 11:00:21 AM

Tamyra's 6 minute short film/ad for H&M is up . she sounds and looks great of course . she performs "and i am not telling you" from Dreamgirls in it. Mary J Blige is also featured and performs another song from Dreamgirls. when watching it play on "medium " as opposed to "high" for better quaility.

http://www.hm.com/us/start/start/index.jsp

re: More gossip about Fantasia as Effie White
 Jul 29 2005, 01:53:17 PM
i hope that the tamyra gray part is true. though i would love to see her with a bigger role though i will be happy with the fact that she was cast in it. tamyra will get to perform "and i am telling you" in the upcoming comercial she did for H&M clothing stores since she is their new face as she said on her official site.
Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You" in H&M Add
 Jun 28 2005, 08:13:39 AM

Tamyra will be the new face of H&M clothing stores and will sing "and im telling you" in the comercial for it . whether she gets "dreamgirls" or not she will be seen singing it by millions .

http://www.tamyra-gray.com/frames.php
JOURNAL

6/25/2005 - What's happenin'
Journal Entry: It's me again, checking in with you. I know the last time I wrote in my journal I said that the following week I would post some great news. But unfortunately that was 3 weeks ago. Sorry for the delay. I had to get permission to post what I have to say. Politics, you know how it goes sometimes. Anyhoo, the most exciting thing (to date) has happened to me. I am going to be the face of H&M clothing stores. I shot a 6 minute short film with Star photographer/director David LaChappelle and it is bangin! I am so excited about this new release.
The premiere is going to be in Milan on September 8, 2005 and it is a worldwide campaign that features me and a huge celebrity surprise (which of course, I am not allowed to say). It will be playing in all the movie theaters in Europe. I'm not sure how big it will be in the States but, god willing, it will be huge.
In the ad, I am featured singing "And I'm Telling You". Coincidence? Who knows. Fate, I think. It's amazing how that was the first song that I sang on AI when it began airing the finals on tv. I am also dancing,acting and modelling the clothing. It is such a dramatic piece and will probably bring forth a few tears. Amazingly, its an ad for a clothing line. When you see this it's going to blow your mind. Mind you, I haven't seen it yet. I've only heard good things about it. So I am waiting on the edge of my seat for the edit. It was such an incredibly great experience and opportunity to work with David LaChapelle. He is such a great photographer and now director. His vision for this piece is outstanding. I was truly honored to work with him. I am looking so forward to working with him again in the future. Who knows, maybe he'll direct my first video (fingers crossed).

re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
 Jun 12 2005, 10:15:51 AM
Tamyra Gray would be good for a role in the film .
re: Jamie Foxx and Usher Join Dreamgirls Film
 May 12 2005, 10:37:37 PM
hopefully tamyra gray will get cast in it . she was incredible singing "am i not telling you" on american idol. she is a great actress and would do great .

re: Dreamgirls Movie Cast List - Offical Release Date 3/8/05
 Apr 2 2005, 11:14:50 AM
i have heard rumors about tamyra gray being cast in it. i hope she is.
re: tamyra gray is making a movie
 Mar 14 2005, 04:26:10 PM

some more info on the movie.

Former 'The Wire' star Idris Elba is one of many stars in an upcoming spiritual-themed movie called 'The Gospel.' Elba will star in the film, directed by Rob Hardy for Columbia TriStar Motion Pictures, alongside Boris Kodjoe, Nona Gaye, Keisha Knight Pulliam, Clifton Powell, Aloma Wright and Omar Gooding. The film will also feature a bevy of music acts including Tamyra Gray, Donnie McClurkin, Delores "Mom" Winans and Hezekiah Walker. Yolanda Adams and Martha Munizzi have guest performances in the film, which will feature original music by Kirk Franklin. Currently shooting in Atlanta, 'The Gospel' is being executive produced by gospel veteran Fred Hammond and Holly Davis-Carter in conjunction with Rainforest Films.

http://bv.channel.aol.com/entmain/bvbuzz/20050314

tamyra gray is making a movie
 Mar 8 2005, 05:29:07 PM
tamyra is currently making a movie in atlanta. word is it is called "the gospel". no real official news about it has come out but a rep from '19" said today it should be released by the end of 2005 as will tamyra's second cd. there have been several sources from atlanta who have heard things about the movie and in at least one scene tamyra is leading the church choir in singing .also word is it started filming 2 weeks ago and should be done in another 2 weeks or so.
re: They should just shelve this film altogether
 Feb 11 2005, 01:09:47 PM
i am hoping for tamyra gray in the movie.
re: Broadway Stars and Solo Albums
 Feb 4 2005, 07:00:16 AM
and of course there is Tamyra Gray and her cd The Dreamer. Tamyra cowrote 12 out of the 13 songs on her cd. not only is she a great actress as she has shown on broadway as well as tv she can sing as well as write her songs as well. with a possible movie on the way Tamyra is showing us all how good she is at anything she touches.
re: TAMYRA GRAY IN DREAM GIRLS?
 Feb 3 2005, 09:05:38 AM
word from someone at tamyra's managment "19 ent"who updates a member of tamyra's web site(h.o.t)tamyra.org she may be working on a movie . no details were givin but maybe "dream girls" could be it . if not hopeully it will be something that shows off tamyra's musical as well as acting skills.
 Jan 28 2005, 08:59:27 AM
he is not as far as i know!
 Jan 28 2005, 08:48:52 AM
i would love a tell all book as well. for now we have just the lyrics of their songs to try to interpet.
TAMYRA GRAY IN DREAM GIRLS?
 Jan 27 2005, 07:36:23 PM
I am hoping Tamyra Gray gets to be in the Dream Girls movie . Tamyra is so talented as a singer, actress and dancer and i am sure would be incredible in the movie .
re: DREAMGIRLS MOVIE GOSSIP!
 Jan 24 2005, 01:16:52 PM
hopefully the rumor of tamyra gray being in "dream girls" is true . she is a very talented singer as well as actress and would do very well in a musical like that.
re: TV/VCR ALERT TAMYRA GRAY!
 Jan 19 2005, 05:16:42 PM
anyone with comcast who has the tv one channel watch out for repeat episodes of "boston public" the episodes with tamyra gray starting todayjanuary 19th and most likely all 7 of her episodes will be airing in the coming days and or weeks.
re: TV/VCR ALERT TAMYRA GRAY!
 Jan 16 2005, 01:52:19 PM
a repeat episode of tamyra's "what i like about you" is on today january 16th at 5:30 pm eastern time on the WB. she sings 2 songs "proud mary" and "legend".
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You