Dream Casting for Dreamgirls

HeyJayNYC Profile Photo
HeyJayNYC
#0Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 8:22am

Maybe the casting director will perchance stumble on this posting and think..hmmm...for Effie in the movie version of "Dreamgirls"....hmmm...FANTASIA!
Ya never know!

#1re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 9:55am

Fantasia? No way! Maybe as Lorell.

jasonf Profile Photo
jasonf
#2re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:31pm

I hated Fantasia on AI. On the other hand, after Jennifer Hudson's "Easy To Be Hard" on the Hair Concert cd would put her in the running in my book!

Hi, Shirley Temple Pudding.

CapnHook Profile Photo
CapnHook
#3re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:33pm

They want an unknown for Effie.

"The Spectacle has, indeed, an emotional attraction of its own, but, of all the parts, it is the least artistic, and connected least with the art of poetry. For the power of Tragedy, we may be sure, is felt even apart from representation and actors. Besides, the production of spectacular effects depends more on the art of the stage machinist than on that of the poet."
--Aristotle

Matt_G Profile Photo
Matt_G
#4re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:34pm

Oh honey, Fantasia's aight but in no way has the voice for Effie.

"Noah, someday we'll talk again. But there's things we'll never say. That sorrow deep inside you. It inside me, too. And it never go away. You be okay. You'll learn how to lose things..."

kangaroo Profile Photo
kangaroo
#5re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 6:36pm

I hate Fantasia's voice... but I guess it doesn't matter because I am not going to see this movie.

~kangaroore: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls

NIL MAGNUM NISI BONUM "No greatness without goodness."

RENThead, enLIGHist, Ozalot, Grobanite, Ringer, Pickwick LW, Wicked, Lost, American Dreams, West Wing
Lea S. Hugh J. Adam P. Idina M. Matt M. Taye D.

Ronlopez
#6re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:38pm

I know they want an unknown but eveyone does not know Jennifer Hudson. It is not like she is on the TV everyday. So she is an unknown. And Fantasia cannot play that role at all.

Michael Bennett Profile Photo
Michael Bennett
#7re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 7:41pm

The Dreams should be played by the Mandrell Sisters

roquat
#8re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 8:53pm

there isn't an African-American girl in this country who doesn't know that song---the field is WIDE open.

I ask in all honesty/What would life be?/Without a song and a dance, what are we?/So I say "Thank you for the music/For giving it to me."

badkarma719 Profile Photo
badkarma719
#9re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 10:03pm

Search feature

In the words of the great MargoChanning "Broadwayworld.com -- Your One Stop on the Internet for All Things Broadway, Nasty Political Discussions, Meltdowns, Name-Calling and General Nonsense along with being a Premiere Pick-up Joint for Hotties, Shut-ins, Rambunctuous Teenagers With Bad Grammar, and All Manner of Bitter, Jaded Theatre Queens with WAY Too Much Time on Their Hands"?

broadwaystar2b Profile Photo
broadwaystar2b
#10re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 5/25/05 at 10:32pm

Fantasia?
Too thin
Jennifer Hudson? Inspired

jdanton2 Profile Photo
jdanton2
#11re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 6/12/05 at 10:15am

Tamyra Gray would be good for a role in the film .

http://www.tamyra.org

RustyRocketteBoy Profile Photo
RustyRocketteBoy
#12re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 6/12/05 at 10:44am

I just wonder who they are going to cast for the other girl groups in the show? Because all together I think there are 5 other girl groups.

Stop worrying if your vision is new. Let others make that decision- They usually do. You keep moving on. Anything you do, Let it come from you. Then it will be new. Give us more to see... ~Sunday In the Park with George

Marquise Profile Photo
Marquise
#13re: Dream Casting for Dreamgirls
Posted: 6/12/05 at 11:34am

Kate Jackson as Lorrell
Farrah Fawcett as Deena
Jaclyn Smith as Michelle

Videos