pixeltracker

Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You" in H&M Add

Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You" in H&M Add

jdanton2 Profile Photo
jdanton2
#0Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You" in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 8:13am

Tamyra will be the new face of H&M clothing stores and will sing "and im telling you" in the comercial for it . whether she gets "dreamgirls" or not she will be seen singing it by millions .

http://www.tamyra-gray.com/frames.php
JOURNAL

6/25/2005 - What's happenin'
Journal Entry: It's me again, checking in with you. I know the last time I wrote in my journal I said that the following week I would post some great news. But unfortunately that was 3 weeks ago. Sorry for the delay. I had to get permission to post what I have to say. Politics, you know how it goes sometimes. Anyhoo, the most exciting thing (to date) has happened to me. I am going to be the face of H&M clothing stores. I shot a 6 minute short film with Star photographer/director David LaChappelle and it is bangin! I am so excited about this new release.
The premiere is going to be in Milan on September 8, 2005 and it is a worldwide campaign that features me and a huge celebrity surprise (which of course, I am not allowed to say). It will be playing in all the movie theaters in Europe. I'm not sure how big it will be in the States but, god willing, it will be huge.
In the ad, I am featured singing "And I'm Telling You". Coincidence? Who knows. Fate, I think. It's amazing how that was the first song that I sang on AI when it began airing the finals on tv. I am also dancing,acting and modelling the clothing. It is such a dramatic piece and will probably bring forth a few tears. Amazingly, its an ad for a clothing line. When you see this it's going to blow your mind. Mind you, I haven't seen it yet. I've only heard good things about it. So I am waiting on the edge of my seat for the edit. It was such an incredibly great experience and opportunity to work with David LaChapelle. He is such a great photographer and now director. His vision for this piece is outstanding. I was truly honored to work with him. I am looking so forward to working with him again in the future. Who knows, maybe he'll direct my first video (fingers crossed).

http://www.tamyra.org

#1re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:54am

Way to go Tamyra... She'll do great... Didnt she sing that on American Idol?

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#2re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:59am

Yep. If you read her message, it says, "It's amazing how that was the first song that I sang on AI when it began airing the finals on tv."

I've never heard her sing it before. How is she?

Ann_Margrock Profile Photo
Ann_Margrock
#3re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 10:59am

in the above post it quotes her as writing:

"In the ad, I am featured singing "And I'm Telling You". Coincidence? Who knows. Fate, I think. It's amazing how that was the first song that I sang on AI when it began airing the finals on tv."

...so yes, she did.

#4re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 11:05am

She was amazing. I remember Paula saying something to the effect of "you're a star.. and thats the perfect choice of song for a diva"

Plum
#5re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Ad
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:02pm

Yeah...doesn't a compliment from Paula mean less than nothing? She loves everybody.

Now, I love H&M, but "And I Am Telling You" strikes me as a wildly inappropriate song to use for selling clothes. Where the heck did that idea come from?
Updated On: 6/28/05 at 12:02 PM

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#6re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:03pm

Good for her!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#7re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:05pm

Video from AI of Tamyra Singing the Song

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter
Updated On: 6/28/05 at 12:05 PM

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#8re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:06pm

Thank you very much Mr. Mid, that was a real treat!

"If I have something to say, the whole world (BroadwayWorld) should hear it." - Thenardier

MrMidwest Profile Photo
MrMidwest
#9re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:10pm

She does do it pretty well, but I don't know if it's a good idea to have the song associated with a commercial before the movie comes out.

"The gods who nurse this universe think little of mortals' cares. They sit in crowds on exclusive clouds and laugh at our love affairs. I might have had a real romance if they'd given me a chance. I loved him, but he didn't love me. I wanted him, but he didn't want me. Then the gods had a spree and indulged in another whim. Now he loves me, but I don't love him." - Cole Porter

alphieboy Profile Photo
alphieboy
#10re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 12:13pm

I agree.

javero Profile Photo
javero
#11re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 1:49pm

Maybe her handlers are trying to up the ante a bit in her favor. Since the ad campaign featuring her kicks off in Europe, it gains her critical exposure overseas. Most Hollywood movies make their $$$ off overseas box office receipts & DVD transfers. They wrote off the domestic box office years ago, especially for movies filmed in the US. Clearly Beyonce is a box office draw abroad, but I gather that Tamyra is making her final bid for the choice role, and we all know which one that is. I also wouldn't be surpised if the fix were in, she already nabbed the part, and this is a bit of promo for the movie on the cheap. This is all just speculation on my part mind you.

#FactsMatter...your feelings not so much.
Updated On: 6/28/05 at 01:49 PM

silent
#12re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 2:44pm

Go ahead Tamyra. I'm so proud of this girl.

MATheaterLover
#13re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 3:07pm

I'd like to see Tamyra as Michelle. Give her a nice little role to shine for a moment.

IveGottaBeME
#14re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 3:21pm

even though Tamyra has had bad moments like people not liking her in Bombay... her voice is amazing. Have you guys heard her CD? Download "Raindrops will fall".. she has a big voice.

hyperchet Profile Photo
hyperchet
#15re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 3:50pm

I rooted for her back in AI 1

"Needless to say the crew is well acquainted with my ass and that's ok because they are the coolest guys ever." - Idina Menzel

Thetruth Profile Photo
Thetruth
#16re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 5:17pm

I think it's great that Tamyra is doing the campaign, but there is no way in hell she will play Effie, if that's what some of you are thinking by her singing this song. Michelle is her best bet...If she's lucky Lorell.

WonderBoy Profile Photo
WonderBoy
#17re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 5:18pm

I agree completely although I see her more as a Michelle IF she is lucky.

"For me, THEATRE is an anticipation, an artistic rush, an emotional banquet, a jubilant appreciation, and an exit hopeful of clearer thought and better worlds." ~ an anonymous traveler with Robert Burns

iluvtheatertrash
#18re: Tamyra Gray to sing And I'm Telling You' in H&M Add
Posted: 6/28/05 at 5:34pm

I think it's fitting. Diva's have good fashion sense. Let a soon-to-be diva sing an original diva's song to sell clothing a diva would wear.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

Videos