News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for gypsymal56

gypsymal56 Profile Photo
Member Name: gypsymal56
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Peter and the Starcatcher Lottery
 Jun 9 2012, 02:26:51 PM
Went Friday night and lost. There was about 100 people there for 28 seats.
How Can Musical Theater Be Saved?
 May 25 2012, 12:17:06 PM
The original article really was great!

"Overstuff our birds with feeling, with meaning. And let’s not get between ourselves and our madness—at least, not in the first draft. "

How Can Musical Theater Be Saved?
 May 25 2012, 08:47:41 AM
Didn't see this posted anywhere. Interested to hear what you guys think.

Scott Rudin, “There are a lot of stories that do not need to be musicalized. The great musicals had to be musicals; most of the musicals that get done now are not necessary. Not the way Clybourne Park is necessary ... Why would musical theater be the only culture that resists newness? It doesn’t make sense. Bands become successes on tumblr. Where’s the tumblr of musical theater? [The problem is] older people are w

Acting Lessons from Miss Catherine Zeta Jones
 Jun 14 2010, 12:30:55 AM
Neck Spasms are always a good acting choice.
HAIR (New Cast) Reviews
 Mar 11 2010, 11:55:09 AM
I don't know much about Ace Young, and have never seen him in anything before. But in that interview, he was utterly charming! Seems like a good Berger match.
Yale Admissions sing and dance why they chose Yale!
 Jan 25 2010, 11:35:08 AM

WONDERLAND- Houston changes
 Jan 20 2010, 12:41:43 AM
Surprised "I Am My Own Invention" lasted as well! Talk about not fitting with the story-line.

Frank,
Get rid of it.

re: A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC Rush
 Dec 30 2009, 12:40:44 PM
Rushed yesterday (DCR, same as you? How cool.). Showed up at 8:00 with a friend, we were the first ones there. Another pair came up soon after (apparently they had gotten there a little earlier, saw the rush line was empty and went to get coffee). We didn't have a fifth til 8:45. The remaining group slowly trickled in. By the time the box office opened, my count was ten of us. I think the bitter wind played a factor in people waiting for rush seats. Either way, I was surprised there wasn
re: Hey, WHITE CHRISTMAS Producers - KISS MY $&%!!!!!
 Dec 11 2009, 10:27:09 PM
Not trying to be snarky. I'm new to the boards and not a New Yorker. But what exactly happened at Legally Blonde rush?
re: Corbin Bleu heads for 'Heights' !?!
 Dec 9 2009, 12:53:23 AM
I can't help thinking of the "Legally Brown" spoof and their jab at stunt casting.
"This is adorable." "We are going to sell so many tickets."

re: Wonderland- REVIEWS?
 Dec 6 2009, 02:21:25 PM
Yes. The Jabberwok's number, towards the end of the show. I was very confused during.
re: The Battery's Down Series Finale
 Dec 3 2009, 12:22:47 PM
I agree with Larcen about "Act Three". I found myself waiting for it to be over. The song was nice, but I can only watch Jake meander around and longingly look at the camera so much.

The final number, however, was awesome. It had the same spirit you can find once in a while in The Battery's Down. It was fun, lighthearted and engaging. You really got the feel that Jake and co. are just good friends goofing off in front of the camera. The last number made me feel, as an audience mem

re: Photo Flash: Wildhorn's WONDERLAND: Alice's New Musical Adventure in Ta
 Dec 2 2009, 02:00:21 PM
Saw the show last night. I wanted to like it. I really did. I even stopped reading the message board threads here about it. I wanted to make my own (hopefully positive) opinion. Not a former Wildhorn fan, I've actually never seen nor heard anything on his before. Haven't heard the concept album either, so I'm not sure how the two relate. I received an email this morning asking for my comments on the show, I tried to keep it brief, here is what I said. Please let me know if there are any
re: WONDERLAND cancellations (11/25, 11/29)
 Nov 17 2009, 09:04:59 PM
My tickets are for December 1st. Nervous.
re: Toxic Avenger Toronto Video
 Nov 10 2009, 11:29:04 AM
Never having seen the off broadway cast, so I have nothing to compare it to, but i absolutely loved the Toronto cast. I saw it the first night of previews and the two ensemble characters were definitely the high point. They had the theatre roaring with laughter. Looking back, it's weird to think it was only the first night of previews because the two seemed so comfortable on stage.

The only problem (if you can even call it that) I had with the production was during one of the final

re: IN THE HEIGHTS - 1st US Nat'l Tour Debuts Tonight (10/27/09) in Tampa,
 Nov 2 2009, 10:47:35 AM
Just remembered something else. I went in wanting a "No Pare Sigue, Sigue" shirt. I left the show needing one! Alas, all new merchandise for the show. Shirts look like they're screen printed in nothing but primary colors and look cheaply done. Just a heads up incase anyone was looking to buy something when the tour comes their way.
 Nov 2 2009, 10:26:11 AM
Isabel as Daniela was good, but not a particular stand out, for me at least. Give her some time and I think she'll make the character her own, right now her portrayal is mildly derivative. Again, we were in the far balcony so she LOOKED quite like Daniela, curvaceous with big hair! When I looked at her picture in the program post-show, I was shocked at how young she looks! Anyone know her age?

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Nov 1 2009, 11:03:07 PM
Just saw the show in Tampa and wanted to let you guys know what I thought. Really had an awesome time at the Tampa Bay Performing Arts Center. Besides the group of some fifteen or so pre-teen girls (and their as equally annoying chaperones in our row), the show was great.

Some background: I haven't seen the show before today, but I've listened to the album countless times as well as watched clips on youtube, bww, etc. Before today, I thought I had seen basically everything.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You