News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Frank8

Member Name: Frank8
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Ethical challenges for theater writers
 Oct 28 2019, 11:13:38 PM

Forbes writer Lee Seymour

Lee Seymour is an investor in The Inheritance on Broadway and he writes a weekly column on Broadway grosses in Forbes.  He does declare at the end of his column that he is involved in The Inheritance when he writes about the show.

Here's the ethical challenge.  Should he be writing about Broadway sales in an editorial capacity when he is involved in producing a show on Broadway?

Each week he careful explains the sales

Harry Potter's Box Office Illusions
 Sep 26 2019, 07:25:32 PM

A few thoughts.

The show is brilliant. That's not why it isn't grossing as much as it did when it opened.  It's epic theater -- come on, it's John Tiffany and Stephen Hoggett.  It's such good storytelling and it's definitely a legit Harry Potter experience.  Yes, I'm a fan.

OK.  So the challenges.  No two-part play has ever run more than a few months on Broadway.  Even the brilliant Nicholas Nickleby only ran for 12 weeks

THE FERRYMAN Previews
 Oct 8 2018, 12:53:22 PM

Oh, this is one of the great ones.  I saw the play when it first transferred to the West End and again on Friday at the Jacobs. The Ferryman still more than lives up to the hype.  It's even better now,  The ensemble cast, who are all giving stellar performances, has grown even stronger, I guess from running the show in London.  I'm surprised there hasn't been more talk about Paddy Considine, Laura Donnelly and Genevieve O'Reilly, and of course the ador

German star Katharine Mehrling
 Sep 12 2018, 05:51:02 PM

She seems to have starred in every major musical produced in Berlin?!  Any idea what she plays in her set?  I checked out Amazon and there's not a lot of music available here.

FUN HOME- previews
 Oct 1 2013, 07:02:46 PM
Fear not. It is a really powerful intelligent show based on a comic book! The performances, especially by the young actors, are breath-taking. So great to see Judy Kuhn in any show. Cerveris a rock as always -- that's a good thing! I would recommend to almost anyone as something different and stimulating.
Stephen Ward
 Oct 1 2013, 07:00:19 PM
We love the 1960s. This really looks like it could be a smart-choice show.
A NIGHT WITH JANIS JOPLIN Previews
 Oct 1 2013, 06:59:12 PM
Can't wait. Hear she is amazing.
Matilda OBC album vs. OCR album
 Oct 1 2013, 06:58:32 PM
It sounds really great. I'm so glad they got to do a Broadway recording. They deserve it. It's sad when shows come over from the West End and the US company doesn't get a cast album. It has definitely evolved and I think the Bway version is clearer than the London recording.
Arthur Darvill
 Oct 1 2013, 06:55:17 PM
I think he's in until December. Definitely through Thanksgiving.
Glass Menagerie first preview
 Sep 6 2013, 09:29:27 AM
Can't wait. Hear it's really good. Tiffany is so excellent.
Billy Crudup and Shuler Hensley Join Cast of NO MAN'S LAND and WAITING FOR GODOT
 Aug 13 2013, 09:58:59 AM
Definitive reviews for all 4 actors in Berkeley today. Glad that they are all good in the show.
Titanic Broadway Revival!!!
 Aug 13 2013, 09:57:21 AM
It would be a great thing. One of the best openings of any Broadway musical.
Natasha, Pierre, & the Great Comet of 1812
 Aug 4 2013, 08:06:56 AM
How's the air-conditioning in the tent?
First Date stage door
 Aug 4 2013, 08:05:06 AM
Yes. He's the real deal.
ARCADIA - First Preview
 Feb 27 2011, 11:07:11 AM
Wow. I liked it alot. I had no problem with the sound. The two young actors, Bel Powley and Tom Riley were new to me. They are great.
Which shows will recoup this spring?
 Jan 26 2011, 10:57:39 AM
Way too early to say with confidence. Confused by the weather I think. Plays will do better that you predict in a month or two.
ARCADIA @ the Barrymore
 Dec 30 2010, 07:47:11 AM
Raoul is perfect for the role. There is no age specified for Valentine. I believe that Ed Stoppard who played the part in London is in his late 30s and Raoul just turned 40. He will get another Tony nom for Arcadia.
re: IMPRESSIONISM first preview reviews?
 Mar 1 2009, 06:07:57 PM
Not so bad. I had a good time watching Irons and Allen. The design is quite beautiful. It's a gentle love story. Not something we see much on Broadway. Give it a few performances. I think it will find fans.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You