News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for TalkinLoud

TalkinLoud Profile Photo
Member Name: TalkinLoud
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?  Jan 5 2024, 12:08:08 PM

Can't believe no one has suggested Ariana DeBose yet.

Is Danny Burstein returning to Moulin Rouge?  Jan 22 2020, 11:42:02 AM
Are principal actor out/vacation dates listed anywhere? I’d really like to see this with Tveit/Olivo/Burstein.
 Jul 19 2019, 01:28:04 PM

LizzieCurry said: "It's just so hacky/tired/tacky to assume (and accuse) a homophobe of being gay."

It’s a pretty poorly kept secret that Lindsey Graham is gay. 

Alan Tudyk departs Meteor Shower due to  Oct 10 2017, 08:08:58 AM

Major upgrade.

M. BUTTERFLY Previews  Oct 9 2017, 07:54:06 AM

BroadwayBeebe, can you tell me about rush policy? I don't see one listed online anywhere.

A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Jun 21 2017, 09:28:12 AM

3-4 hours? Where are people getting that from? Wasn't the whole reason that this didn't happen at TFANA was that Gold wanted to do a heavily cut 90 minute version?

Sweeney Todd lottery seats  May 27 2017, 12:44:26 PM

TodayTix says when you enter that seats may be partial view, and it has had that disclaimer since they started doing the lottery. 

1 $37 ticket to The Hairy Ape with Bobby Cannavale (3/26)  Mar 25 2017, 10:04:07 AM

Bump - will take best offer

1 $37 ticket to The Hairy Ape with Bobby Cannavale (3/26)  Mar 24 2017, 02:19:10 PM

Hi everyone. I have a ticket to The Hairy Ape for this Sunday at 5pm at the Park Avenue Armory. Unfortunately I am no longer able to use it and they won't refund me. I paid $37 (including fees) and would like to be able to get that back if possible. Thank you. 

Tommy the Musical - any talks of a revival?  Oct 20 2016, 05:35:23 PM

Alex Sharp for Tommy

THE CHERRY ORCHARD Previews  Sep 16 2016, 08:50:20 AM

newintown said: "Regarding the use of "translation" for Karam's approach to this, clearly the word choice is wrong. If phrases like "lipstick on a pig" are being interpolated, this is an "adaptation" - that is, someone else's version of Chekhov's play (which translations all end up being anyway)."

Roundabout IS billing it as an adaptation.

The Humans or Curious Incident  Sep 3 2016, 09:12:15 AM

Definitely The Humans. One of the finest new American plays in years.

Is A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC coming back?  Aug 6 2016, 12:02:10 PM

Love the suggestion of this at the Delacorte. Would be lovely.

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 21 2016, 09:55:45 PM

OlBlueEyes said: "What if I close my eyes and imagine seeing Benanti on stage as the curtain rises, playing a backward and meek flower girl? This Benanti is a strong woman. In She Loves You, Benanti breaks out to the stage for the first time determined to get that sales job, and get it she does, due to her ability to put her life on the line  and make one difficult sale.

Not that Benanti couldn't do it, just that I'd like to see it

Burn This on Broadway Spring '17  Jul 15 2016, 01:18:55 PM

Yes. With Jake Gyllenhaal. 

Tony Award for Best  Jun 13 2016, 11:17:30 AM

It's certainly a nice idea in theory, but how often (if ever) would the two awards ever differ? Maybe Perhaps in 2011 when a play like War Horse won, where it's clearly more about production than the writing. But it would be so rare that I don't think it makes much. It makes more sense just to award the Best Play Tony to the playwright and producer.

Is the app TodayTix reliable?  Jun 5 2016, 01:01:36 PM

veronicamae said: "All TodayTix does is use existing discount codes (or partner with shows for exclusives), and then buy tickets from the box office to hand to you. That's why there's a $10 per ticket fee - you're paying for their time to buy the tickets, and to hand them to you outside.

Also, if I'm wrong about ^^^^ do correct me, but that's what was explained to me by people talking with TT to partner with them.
"

Yes, this is incorrec

For sale: 1 discounted ticket to THE SIGNATURE PLAYS this Saturday  May 27 2016, 08:31:29 PM

PM sent

HADESTOWN Rush (NYTW Rush)  May 22 2016, 10:04:47 PM

I'm pretty sure they offer rush for everything, but they just sell whatever is left. So when a show is sold out (which this one has bee regularly), they don't sell.

If you'd like to drive yourself crazy try winning  May 5 2016, 03:19:17 PM

I got Streetcar tickets last week Friday. I also got Nice Fish back when that was at St. Ann's.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You