News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for broadwaybabe1234

broadwaybabe1234 Profile Photo
Member Name: broadwaybabe1234
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Realistic Joneses Rush?  May 22 2014, 01:55:53 AM
I was in the first row of the balcony all the way on the right side seat 22. I know that seat 24 was also a rush seat and it was never filled.

other than that the balcony was full.

Realistic Joneses Rush?  May 21 2014, 01:39:52 AM
although i may not be able to help the OP now, i thought i would post that i saw it on a Wednesday matinee a week ago and i walked up to the box office at 1pm and got a rush ticket
The City of Conversation Previews  May 21 2014, 01:38:05 AM
Although most of the play went over my head (not a history buff of the political vein), i was floored by some of the best acting i have seen all season. THat is being from not just Ms. Maxwell but also Michael Simmons and (forgive me) the woman who played the daughter. if you can snag a ticket to this, definitely go!
One Vote for Beautiful (Charles McNulty, LA Times)  May 21 2014, 01:33:46 AM
Well i agree. I think it is the most impressive jukebox musical to date, i felt better than jersey boys. I feel exactly the same as the author of this article, while i wanted to love gentleman's guide, it was not nearly as smart, funny or engaging as i had hoped it would be. If i had a vote, it would also go to beautiful.
Best Actress Tony  May 19 2014, 01:51:05 AM
I think Maxwell has it in the bag.
act one or casa valencia for Best Play Tony?  May 19 2014, 01:26:08 AM
haven't seen Casa Valencia but Casa Valentina was phenomenal and i think should take best play.
Lady Day and Casa Valentina Rush Advice  Apr 24 2014, 05:04:01 PM
Thanks for the help. If i get to the box office at 10 do you think that they would still have tickets? I just need to know how early of a bus i need to catch...
Lady Day and Casa Valentina Rush Advice  Apr 23 2014, 10:40:22 PM
I am going to be in the city this Saturday and was wondering what the rush has been like for Lady Day and Casa Valentina. I really want to see them both but i can only stand in line for one and then walk over to the other and see if they aren't sold out already.

So i was wondering how has the Lady Day rush been lately? Same with Casa Valentina?

Riedel mulls over Best Actress in a Musical  Jan 16 2014, 01:07:21 AM
Absolutely hated Courtney Reed in Aladdin.

I think this list is about right except i would replace Michelle Williams with Marin Mazzie. If Mazzie is in featured then i think Williams is the most suitable alternate.

I think the real race this year is going to be best actor. The field is not as clear cut as it is for actress in a musical.

LITTLE MISS SUNSHINE begins previews tonight- anyone going?  Oct 21 2013, 12:08:40 AM
I saw this yesterday and i really liked it. I love FInn's writing, although it was very reminiscent of Elegies, with some tunes plucked right from it. Wish Stephanie had more to sing/belt, kind of wasted the talent her voice posses. Rory was definitely the best but had the most to work with, i was really impressed with his versatility. The rest of the cast was great although i didn't find the pagent funny at all (until *spoiler* the family got up on stage and started dancing with her). i wish it
Weird audiences at Glass Menagerie  Oct 20 2013, 11:59:54 PM
I actually had a similar experience. I went to the show on Thursday and i was a stunned at the audience response. While i was crying because of how devastatingly beautiful i found it, the woman next to me was laughing hysterically at everything that Zachary Quinto did. She also felt the need to comment on everything that went on stage. Like when Amanda said, "He's not a unattractive is he?" she said, "THAT WOULD BE FUNNY!" In other circumstances i would have laughed at this reaction but the amou
GET OFF MY BACK  Aug 20 2013, 12:51:12 PM
she doesn't have to look like King to play her. I'm sure the script won't exactly match king's life. Its all interpretive.

For the record, i can't wait to see what they do with this. And i hope it does't follow the path of the past few biotuners...

Why Doesn't Matthew James Thomas Get Respect?  Aug 18 2013, 09:40:16 PM
The OP is just trying to understand why he isn't more of a celebrated for his performance. People were very cool towards him during Tony time, especially the critics. There is no reason to derail this thread just because YOU think its pointless.

I feel the same as the OP. i very much liked pippin and MJT's performance. i think it is hard to stand out in such a cast of incredible performances and he gets lost in the mix. By the end of the night you forget about MJT and go home gushing ab

Book, music, lyrics-which comes first?  Aug 17 2013, 02:37:08 AM
i wonder if the mods read all these threads and just laugh at the comings and goings of certain posters.

First Date Reviews  Aug 9 2013, 12:18:02 AM
woof. i think thats a worse review than scandalous got from the times.
Do you avoid picking fruit?  Aug 8 2013, 02:56:56 AM
how amusing this thread is.

Personally, i notice a lack of energy in mats compared to evening shows. But that doesn't stop me from seeing them. When i am seeing a touring show and have a host of dates to pic from i try and see a evening but when i am in the city and am trying to see as much as possible, ill take what ever i can get...

Julia Murney as Fastrada  Aug 5 2013, 01:19:30 AM
I think what is incredible about Charlotte is she makes the choreography look easy and fluid. its not as simple as it looks. Murney has a gorgeous voice but i dont think she would bring the same dance technique to the role as D'Amboise does.
Emily Padgett & Erin Davie to Star in SIDE SHOW - Full Cast Announced!  Aug 2 2013, 01:54:22 PM
OH how much i wish this was Betsy Wolfe and Erin Davie. I think Erin Davie is brilliant, she was hands down my favorite in A little night music.
Should there EVER be a best  Jul 28 2013, 01:48:57 AM
I think creating something new and recreating something so it appears new are both equally challenging.

What i thought this conversation would be about is making a category for the people who tackle both direction and choreography in one show like Kathleen Marshall and Jerry mitchell and if they should get their own category. But alas...

FIRST DATE - Previews  Jul 18 2013, 04:16:09 AM
i mean Scandalous isn't exactly a good comparison..
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You