News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tg31590

Member Name: Tg31590
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: 10 Musicals
 Sep 6 2009, 12:11:46 AM
1. HAIR
2. RENT
3. Gypsy
4. The Phantom of the Opera
5. Wicked
6. Sweeney Todd
7. Company
8. Spring Awakening
9. Sunset Boulevard
10.See What I Wanna See (Off-Broadway...does that count...?)

How did you hear about 7?
I fell in love with Into the Woods and decided to find EVERY piece of Sondheim material out there. I havent completed my mission yet though...

Would 4 make a good movie?
I don't think so.

What's your

re: Best Performances You Have Seen
 Sep 2 2009, 09:22:20 PM
Of course Patti in "Gypsy"
Fantasia in "The Color Purple"
The entire revival cast of "HAIR"!
Anika Noni Rose in "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof"

if we are talking dvd also, I would add Raul Esparza in "Company", Audra McDonald in "The Rise and Fall of the City of Mahagony" and Kristen Chenoweth in "Candide".

re: The ACTUAL Ragtime poster art...
 Aug 29 2009, 12:29:49 AM
Love. I have not been this excited about a revival since I heard about Patti Lupone playing Patti Lupone in Gypsy!
re: Judy Kuhn, Amy Spanger and Charlotte D'Amboise
 Aug 29 2009, 12:21:44 AM
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Audra McDonald
Anika Noni Rose in a starring role in s musical!
Kristen Cheno
Ben Vereen

re: 2009 Dreamgirls - The Ghetto Fabolous version
 Aug 23 2009, 07:59:46 PM
Looking at this production it looks far from ghetto. Im talking thousands of bucks far from ghetto...just saying. It would be more accurate to call this "2009 Dreamgirls-The Aristocratic version"
re: Hottest Broadway Stars?
 Aug 23 2009, 07:53:14 PM
Hottest are Gavin Creel and Idina Menzel.
Most beautiful and perfect in every way are Raul Esparza and Audra McDonald. Brian Stokes Mitchell is a close runner up!

re: The Evita Revival
 Aug 23 2009, 07:48:52 PM
What do so many people have against Sutton? I think that she has a good voice, she is a great actress and dancer and she is very fun to watch on stage. I don't think that she would be the best choice for Eva but God knows she isn't the worst. I also love the idea of Karen!!! What do you guys feel about Kerry Ellis (assuming she gets some well needed acting classes)?
re: What musical movies should be remade?
 Aug 15 2009, 07:20:17 PM
"Say what? Liza and Barbra are waaaaaay too old for the part."

Very true. I guess im just dreaming! I wonder if Cate Blanchett can sing?

Aug 15 2009, 05:54:13 PM
I just noticed that I put "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof" which is NOT a musical. I didn't notice the Musical part...im not dumb, I promise. :) Anyway, I have some more to add to my list

Gypsy- I hate all of the film versions. Imagine Mama Rose being Liza or Barbara's return to the screen!! gah...chills just thinking about it.

Funny Girl- As much as I enjoy that movie I would kill to see Amy Adams take a stab at Fanny!!

Rent- I adore the original cast but my Zeus they are too

Aug 14 2009, 05:14:57 PM
Cabaret. Cat on a Hot Tin Roof.
re: THIS is murdering West Side Story.
 Aug 8 2009, 06:32:37 PM
poor kids. I have been in some pretty bad versions of good shows though and, like me, they look like they know how horrible it is. This is what Karen Olivio must feel like.
re: Unpopular Opinions You Hold
 Aug 4 2009, 11:10:01 AM
Overall I like the final cast of RENT better than the Original Cast.
re: Miscast ideas
 Aug 4 2009, 10:58:30 AM
It'll never happen but I would LOVE to see/hear Audra McDonald sing "Bring Him Home"!
re: The Art of Scenery Chewing
 Aug 3 2009, 08:45:39 PM
Wow! I love both Patti and Fay! If this is what chewing the scenery looks like, it aint so bad. haha :)
re: Funny shows you don't find funny?
 Aug 3 2009, 08:40:00 PM
Wait...The Producers is supposed to be funny? Who knew. What was funny was it winning so many damn Tonys!
The Art of Scenery Chewing
 Aug 3 2009, 05:15:36 PM
Im still not quite sure what it means to "chew" or "shread" or "rip" the scenery. I know that it is positive and it seems like the louder you are the more scenery you are chewing (Patti LuPone seems to have lots of scenery in her system) but what the does it actually mean!?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You