News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jon18

Member Name: Jon18
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What's next for Will Swensen ?
 Nov 2 2015, 04:48:36 PM

PalJoey said: "jbm2 said: "They did a very edited version of Xanadu. Apparently every show his families theater does has anything "inappropriate" edited out."

Do you have any proof or documentation of this "editing"?

"

No documentation but I'm local to the Hale Center Theater

Miss Saigon Broadway Transfer
 May 6 2015, 10:08:45 PM

Going back to the original question, I'd LOVE to see Ramin Karimloo as Chris. 

Because he's maybe just a touch older than a typical Chris, a Kim a couple years older than Eva might be fitting. 

Lin-Manuel Miranda Returns to THE HEIGHTS for LA Tour Stop
 Jul 24 2010, 09:32:34 PM
I saw this on Wednesday night and it just might've been the best collection of talent I've ever seen in a single production. There's not a weak link in this cast.
re: Audra & Will Swenson in 110 in the Shade...at a community theatre
 Jul 7 2010, 12:07:45 PM
Saw it last night. I did a full write up here: http://jon-low.blogspot.com/2010/07/simple-little-things.html

My gosh it was incredible. I've never felt an such an electric energy in one of our local theaters, or really in any theater come to think of it. This was truly a once in a lifetime experience. Will and Audra gave spectacular, but also very humble performances and the production is perhaps the best local production I've seen in here in Utah. Very talented cast across the board.

Jun 30 2010, 11:23:53 PM
From what I've heard, they're not only using real water, they're using real flies!
 Jun 28 2010, 04:36:11 PM
I thought I'd resurrect this thread since this production opens tonight. I'm seeing it on July 6th and will gladly come back with comments.
re: Everyday Rapture
 Jun 16 2009, 10:24:02 PM
Betty, I think you're so right. And I think that's the mark of a great performer. Yes, they must embody the character but moreso than anything, we have to be watching the actor. Sincerity goes a long way. The best actors can play any role and people see them again and again not because of the role but because of what they brought of themselves to the role.
re: Little Mermaid Closing?
 Jun 16 2009, 10:21:02 PM
I don't know much about the issue logically but personally, I'd like to see it run for another year or so. Sue me.
re: Characters You Never Liked Until You Saw A Different Interpretation
 Jun 16 2009, 09:57:00 PM
Aida. I think a huge part of it is how the role is written but I've only seen one girl (in a high school production at that) embody the character in a way that made me feel some sympathy for her.
re: Ragtime or Les Miserables
 Jun 16 2009, 09:54:20 PM
Both musicals are in my top five. In fact, they very well may be my top two. You can't go wrong with either.

I sorta go through phases of "moments" in the albums that are my favorites. Currently the Ragtime "moment" I'm listening to over and over again is when Coalhouse sings "Sarah come down to me" in the song New Music. It gives me chills every time.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You