News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NotYourMemories

NotYourMemories Profile Photo
Member Name: NotYourMemories
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Oz movie is successful, Wicked movie unlikely
 Mar 11 2013, 06:59:43 AM
Sure, Hollywood would never even consider putting out a movie that was at all similar to another recent movie that had been successful.

If anything Wicked will accelerate their schedule in order to be released before five other Oz-themed movies come out.

A Christmas Story:
 Nov 21 2012, 09:01:02 PM
It's not a matter of anyone having decided to cut or remove songs. The CD was recorded in Seattle in 2010 and reflects the show as it was at that time.

It would be great if they would record the new version of "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" as it's certainly a highlight of the current version of the show.

A Christmas Story:
 Nov 19 2012, 05:02:31 PM
There is a song called "You'll Shoot Your Eye Out" on the cast album but it's nothing like the number in the current Broadway production. I think the recording was made during the 2010 Seattle run and the current version of the tune was added for the 2011 tour.
Has anyone seen SCANDALOUS lately...?
 Oct 26 2012, 11:47:04 AM
broadwayboy2, your review was fabulous. My only concern is that you didn't mention that she has a "feckin' great assie".

This all does make me wonder how Stephen Sondheim would do as a perky morning television host.

Has anyone seen SCANDALOUS lately...?
 Oct 26 2012, 07:02:05 AM
broadwayguy2 - How could you? Why would you?!
'A Christmas Story the Musical'
 Nov 10 2011, 10:24:36 AM
Dammit, can't you see that we care too much for words?
 Nov 10 2011, 09:38:34 AM
I saw "A Christmas Story" at the 5th Ave last year, it was a solid, entertaining show. I was especially impressed with the craftsmanship of the score. Pasek and Paul have written a bunch of fabulous show tunes that express the characters and move the story along. Reviews were mostly positive, with some gripes about Act 2 being too long.

Since kjgoch has chosen to anonymously defame the producers of this tour here I'm going to post this year's tour schedule. This is a chance to hear t

Nov 9 2011, 11:03:52 PM
Yes, I am certain. "A Christmas Story" was produced at the 5th Avenue theater in Seattle last year and is currently playing at the Hershey Theater as it begins its new tour. I am certain that rights have been properly acquired for both of these productions.

I do not always back scum, but unfortunately I often can't resist arguing with idiots on the internet.

Nov 9 2011, 09:44:24 PM
That's a very serious charge and I'm certain it has no merit whatsoever. Most Broadway shows are derivative works. What this has to do with Wall Street is beyond me.

The Producers of "A Christmas Story" have made arrangements with the producers of the original movie. Distribution of royalties to the movie's original creative team or the estate of Bob Clark will depend on the original deals that were made.

What is significant about this show is that Benj Pasek and Justin

Do You Hear the People Sing? The Dream Concert!
 Oct 9 2011, 01:22:26 PM
I saw this Friday and can confirm everything Queen of the Night says. It was a delightful evening of new and familiar Boublil-Schonberg material. Lea Salonga's voice sounds as powerful and vibrant as ever, her "Too Much For One Heart" was truly heartbreaking. The material from "The Pirate Queen" also came off very well. I believe that additional "Do You Hear The People Sing" concerts are planned with various Pops orchestras next year, look out for them.
CATCH ME IF YOU CAN closing on September 4
 Aug 10 2011, 04:13:19 PM
With regards to the question of whether "Catch Me" is worth seeing in its remaining weeks, I would suggest listening to some tracks from the OBC. Marc Shaiman wrote brand-new 1960s TV variety and Sinatra big-band tunes for this show, along the lines of the brand-new Motown tunes he create for "Hairspray". I love that sort of thing and thus the score and show really landed for me. I've read several comments about the score sounding like "elevator music", no doubt from people less familiar with
THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
 May 13 2011, 06:47:09 AM
Oh sure, we see this every year at about this time - shows desperate to attract the attention of Tony voters start releasing information about planned "tours", hoping they might get the road voters on their side and at least get one or two awards to use in their marketing.

(Yes, I am joking.)

Anyone have questions for the cast of Catch Me If You Can?
 Apr 8 2011, 12:30:58 AM
Your video was great, I'm sure you'll do well just talking to the cast and creative team.

I would love it if you would ask each of them if they could cash a check for $100!

Catch me if you Can Preview Thread
 Mar 13 2011, 01:29:35 PM
I saw Catch Me in Seattle - I thought it had a great score and an amazing cast, but it just didn't work due to an incoherent book and inconsistent use of the "TV show" framing device.

I saw the 2nd Broadway preview and I think it's Brilliant!. They've kept the fabulous cast, improved the score and fixed everything else.

There is no LCD screen, I don't miss it a bit. One of my complaints in Seattle was how poorly Kerry Butler's role was handled. She was just sort of brought

If you had to choose ... How to Succeed or Catch Me ...
 Mar 13 2011, 12:12:25 AM
Definitely Catch Me If You Can, it's both new and brilliant.
Sh-K-Boom/Ghostlight will release CATCH ME IF YOU CAN cast recording
 Mar 13 2011, 12:10:56 AM
This is great news.

I'd love to have "50 Checks" which was cut for Broadway make it on as a bonus track.

re: Not Since Carrie 2: What Shows Would You Want Included?
 May 13 2010, 02:02:15 PM
I'd like to see a chapter about the disastrous flops both Lloyd Webber and Boublil/Schonberg had after their enormous successes. Both "Whistle Down the Wind" and "Martin Guerre" failed to make it to Broadway, and "Pirate Queen"... OMG

Why are they using autotune on Glee?
 May 8 2010, 03:14:20 PM
Apparently then someone at Fox thinks that's what contemporary music should sound like. I noticed the vocal overprocessing on the last "High School Musical" movie, although I'm sure part of that has to do with singers who can't hold pitches. I personally cringe everytime I hear that robotic quality, and my guess is that this nonsense is a fad that will shortly pass, at which point any obviously auto-tuned vocal recordings will sound hopelessly dated.

From what I understand the origi

Why are they using autotune on Glee?
 May 8 2010, 12:29:08 PM
I haven't watched much of Glee - is the use of auto-tune obvious, with the distorted effect often heard on hip hop, or have you just heard that it's being used? You would be amazed how much auto-tune is used, I have no doubt that many Broadway cast albums have solved little problems with otherwise great takes with a little pitch correction.

When you're in a big hurry to get a lot of material recorded (something which must be the case at Glee) two seconds "auto-tuning" a flat note w

Maltby and Shire's "Take Flight" in Princeton
 May 8 2010, 07:56:26 AM
I saw the opening night performance of this last night and loved it. I could see this being compared to "Ragtime", but "Take Flight" is more historical fact with a smattering of fiction thrown in. This show was produced at London's Chocolate Factory a few years ago. Based on listening to that CD they've made a lot of changes but Shire's gorgeous score is basically intact. "Take Flight" combines the stories of the Wright Brothers, Charles Lindberg and Amelia Earhart into one simultaneous n
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You