pixeltracker

THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012

THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#2THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 4:48pm

Congrats Denver! My second home. Makes sense. South Park is in CO.

Just give the world Love.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Posted: 5/12/11 at 6:20pm

That didn't take long! THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
Posted: 5/12/11 at 6:20pm

That didn't take long! THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#4THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 6:23pm

Ah- as someone who is originally from CO, that's awesome! Great to see Parker and Stone still respecting their roots (though I guess they do in South Park every week anyway.) I hope some of the many Mormons I grew up with will take it upon themselves to go see this since it'll be in their home state!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

Caroline2 Profile Photo
Caroline2
#5THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 7:04pm

This is wonderful news indeed! I work for the DCPA and am beyond thrilled for the tour's Denver kick-off! WOO HOO!

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#6THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 7:30pm

Caroline, do I know you?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#7THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 9:50pm

first a West End announcement and then the tour announcement. does anyone else think this show would do well in Vegas??

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#8THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 10:07pm

Ahhh, Denver. The OTHER Mormon capital.
Sounds like fantastic marketing...

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#9THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 10:41pm

I was actually hoping they'd kick off the tour in Salt Lake City.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

julesboogie Profile Photo
julesboogie
#10THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 10:53pm

Any news on what contract it might go out on? Just curious.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#11THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/12/11 at 11:07pm

Las Vegas has surprisingly conservative audiences for theatre, it seems. Or maybe 'cuz they're often small-town tourists. At least this has been my impression of them at Jersey Boys... THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012

I imagine BoM will be playing in places like SF, LA, Chicago -- maybe not so much Orlando or Costa Mesa.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

NotYourMemories Profile Photo
NotYourMemories
#12THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/13/11 at 6:47am

Oh sure, we see this every year at about this time - shows desperate to attract the attention of Tony voters start releasing information about planned "tours", hoping they might get the road voters on their side and at least get one or two awards to use in their marketing.

(Yes, I am joking.)

Steve2 Profile Photo
Steve2
#13THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/13/11 at 6:51am

^
|
|
Actually that's what I thought when I read this.
(Not joking)

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#14THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/13/11 at 9:40am

quizking, I suspect you are joking. Not quite sure why you call it the other Mormon capitol.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#15THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/13/11 at 10:30am

Well, it's not like Book of Mormon won't tour. Or win most of the Tonys. This is just icing.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#16THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/13/11 at 10:37am

It's the OTHER Mormon capital because there are an absurd amount of Mormons in Colorado- someone can quote statistics against me here, but I'd almost venture to say there's a higher per capita Mormon rate here than any state except Utah. Not saying it's a good/bad thing, just in the years I grew up in northern CO, 80% of my classmates were practicing Mormon, and I've never encountered that sort of ratio anywhere else in my life.Trey and Matt have even said in interviews they were inspired to write the Mormon element of the show because of their childhood experiences growing up among CO Mormons. So, yeah, I think the Other Mormon Capitol is kind if hilarious & correct!

"Are you sorry for civilization? I am sorry for it too." ~Coast of Utopia: Shipwreck

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#17THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/13/11 at 11:07am

I lived there for the past 19 years and never knew that. I don't think there are a huge amount. I have heard there are some communities in Western Colorado and San Luis Valley. I lived on Capitol Hill and always saw the boys out on their missions but I don't think there are an "absurd" amount of Mormons in Colorado.

Katurian2 Profile Photo
Katurian2
#18THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/13/11 at 11:39am

haha, Maybe they don't cluster around the Denver region as much, but up in the northern part Fort Collins/Loveland, they are everywhere! I remember not being able to watch any movie above PG-13 in school (even with permission slips), because the Mormon kids would have to leave on their discretion, and how school activities (even musicals and such) could NEVER be on Sundays, since the Mormons couldn't participate on their 'quiet day.' I actually got an added level of humor too in BoM, since our high school's musical theatre program was the after-school activity of choice for the Mormon kids, and nearly the entire cast would be comprised of them, so seeing Mormons singing/dancing around on Bway wasn't too far off for me!

Funny enough, I never really saw that many missionaries though- I'm assuming because they were a saturated enough presence already. X)

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#19THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/13/11 at 11:51am

Colorado being very Mormon certainly makes sense to an outsider, as South Park is often saturated with Mormon themes or references- not as much as Napoleon Dynamite, perhaps, but close enough.

jimmycurry01
#20THE BOOK OF MORMON National Tour to Kick Off in Denver in 2012
Posted: 5/14/11 at 4:13am

I to have heard that CO has the second highest number of mormons. Not sure where I heard this though.

Videos