News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for vgd07

Member Name: vgd07
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Cast Recordings: Story or Not?
 Aug 19 2006, 12:21:13 PM
Personally, I believe most cast recordings should stick with just songs and no dialogue . It just seems akward to listen to too much dialogue on a CD, plus sometimes it just gives too much away about the show. The songs are what people want to hear from a show, not the book. Take the 2000-cast cd of Godspell, the lead-ins and dialogue in the songs seem too tacky for a CD.
re: Hardest Role to play?
 Oct 16 2005, 09:29:27 AM
Jekyll/Hyde...the character does have some pretty dramatic and drastic changes throughout the play, after all.
re: Urinetown in Boston
 Sep 17 2005, 10:30:55 PM
wasn't it great? my teacher, mr. chew, was lockstock
re: saddest songs
 Aug 29 2005, 09:53:10 AM
Les Mis valjean's confession / epilogue, that whole sequence is amazing. And I second the notion to Godspell's finale..and By My Side.
re: RENT Movie in ELLE magazine
 Aug 6 2005, 01:49:18 PM
i second the notion for a scan
re: Favorite ALW Score?
 Jul 22 2005, 01:43:11 PM
Evita, definately. I find the Evita score to be the most powerful and original.. or maybe I'm biased. Either way.
re: musicals only you seem to dislike
 Jul 1 2005, 10:44:37 AM
WSS - I don't know what it is, but I remember a thread a while back whereas it being claimed the "perfect musical"...eck.

Aida - I strongly dislike musicals in which the lyrics (I'm only going by what I hear on the CD) are style over substance. AIDA is SO style over substance. A bunch of songs that sound nice and use interesting words, but really don't end up saying much. :-p

And a bunch of people dislike Evita apparently...why?!

re: The Short Moments That Make a Song Fantastic!
 Jun 25 2005, 11:44:45 AM
In ITW, not so much on the original cast recording but from the new broadway cast - "If the end is right, it JUSTIFIES THE BEANS!"

re: best Avenue Q lines?
 Jun 6 2005, 09:23:57 PM
im gonna jump!
DON'T DO IT!
okay...

re: RENT MOVIE TRAILER!!!!!
 May 29 2005, 08:18:40 AM
I thought I'd add something about the Da Vinci Code movie- its "trailer" isn't really so much of a trailer at all, no footage or anything like that of the actual movie. That's why we have it early, too.
re: Rent phone numbers
 May 25 2005, 04:33:17 PM
first, les mis..
30127 - money kepy rolling in from Evita, check #?

Ten Favorite Musicals
 Dec 30 2004, 03:14:18 PM
should be easy enough..

1. RENT
2. Wicked
3. Evita
4. Les Miserables
5. YAGMCB & Snoopy!!!
6. A Chorus Line
7. Little Shop of Horrors
8. Jekyll & Hyde
9. Jesus Christ Superstar
10. Phantom of the Opera

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You