pixeltracker

Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition Offer - playbill.com

Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition Offer - playbill.com

chess12 Profile Photo
chess12
#0Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition Offer - playbill.com
Posted: 12/21/05 at 12:08pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=97013

Anyone think $100.00 is worth spending for this? I was sorely disappointed that the Broadway cast was not recorded, and I've been waiting for SOMEONE to record it. But $100.00? I'm not so sure.

sanda Profile Photo
sanda
#1re: Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition Offer - playbill.com
Posted: 12/21/05 at 12:33pm

I was so happy when I saw the title of your post. But the content is a little disappointed. $100 for 47 min CD without original cast. Mmm, I have to pass.

bare_nakedlady Profile Photo
bare_nakedlady
#2re: Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition O
Posted: 12/21/05 at 1:26pm

But they are non-profit so it would be a tax write-off.

"It's like children's theatre for 40-year old gay people!" - XANADU THE MUSICAL

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
munkustrap178
#3re: Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition O
Posted: 12/21/05 at 1:38pm

A tax write-off of $100? That's nothign...

"If you are going to do something, do it well. And leave something witchy." -Charlie Manson

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#4re: Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition O
Posted: 12/21/05 at 1:45pm

It's really a shame that the original never got recorded. I would love to hear those folks sing these songs I've never heard. That's why it's never done, is that no one wants to take a chance on a show they've never heard.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Flahooley Profile Photo
Flahooley
#5re: Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition O
Posted: 12/21/05 at 1:56pm

If you wouldn't pay $100.00 to see the show. (I saw it for free) I can't imagine why you would pay that much for the recording.

The score isn't THAT great or THAT interesting.

bjivie2 Profile Photo
bjivie2
#6re: Cast Recording of James Joyce's The Dead Available in Limited Edition O
Posted: 12/21/05 at 2:07pm

I don't know why they're making such a big deal out of a show that no one knows.

Eeeeeeyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaannnnnddddd aaaaaaaiiiiiiiiyyyyyyaaaaaammmmmmmm teeeeeeeelllllliiiiiinnngg yyyyooooooouuuuuuuwwwaaaahh...

Videos