Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys

wicked_mimi
#0Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 9:21am

Anyone know what time people are getting to the theater for matinee rushes... getting there at 9 or 9:30 was sufficient before but has that changed? Thanks!

Just_John Profile Photo
Just_John
#1re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:59am

Yes I belive you HAVE to get there two hours before the box office for matinees. And 4-5 hours before they begin to sell them for evening performances.

wicked_mimi
#2re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 11:32am

Well have people been getting there before 8 am now... I guess is a better question? I rushed for a matinee before and was the first one there at 9 am...

chilly
#3re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 8:04pm

Since I'm not eligible for student rush, can you tell me if you are referring to student rush or cancellations? If it is 4-5 hours before they begin to sell them for evening performances, what time does the box office open? Basically, what is my best shot for cancellation tickets? Please and thank you...

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#4re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 9:35pm

Student rush is absolutely crazy now. I got there at 7 AM on Saturday and I was very close to the last one to get tickets.

Get there EXTREMELY early. I'm rushing on Sunday, and planning on getting there around 7 or 8.

jerseyboyslover Profile Photo
jerseyboyslover
#5re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 9:36pm

Hey Elle just come by and pick me up ok? re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys just kidding

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

popular_elphie
#6re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 9:38pm

Totally will re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys. I'm sad Daniel's going to be out, but I'm excited to see Matthew Scott.

jerseyboyslover
#7re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 9:42pm

is he really going to be the minister at the wedding or was he kidding?

Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

citrustwist
#8re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:45pm

I wouldn't be surprised if Jersey Boys substitutes the rush for a lottery, or gets rid of it all together, if people start showing up all that much earlier. The main reason Rent stopped having line is because people starting staying over, and it was often the same people. When I bought rush seats at Jersey Boys, they did not mark my name to keep me from trying again, and it seems like people are lining up earlier and earlier. Should be interesting. Hopefully they'll continue having a few affordable tickets in some way. I'd suggest they just have a general lottery, considering their were two grandmas in the "student" rush seats, that their grandchildren bought them, so it's not really possible to completely enforce the tickets be for students, no matter what.

jerseyboyslover
#9re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/22/06 at 10:47pm

Anyone have AIM? i have a jersey boys chat open on it if anyone want to join sen dme your aim

jerseyboyslover
#10re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/23/06 at 10:55am

bumping this for you wicked_mimi

new_philosophy_girl Profile Photo
new_philosophy_girl
#11re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/23/06 at 11:44am

I think on the weekends the rush is a little crazy. I had friends who went and rushed the Wednesday mat and although they were the first ones there at 7, other people didn't really show until around 9 or so, for tickets that went on sale at 11. That being said, I would play it safe and get there early. You are always guarnteed a good time standing in line outside the August Wilson theater!! Just asked anyone who rushed for the performance after the Tonys!! *random old men driving up blasting "Who Loves You" and getting out of the car and dancing with the girls in line, then driving away* That seriously happened.

elle...have fun on Sunday, it's my birthday and I really wanted to go and see it on that day, but the cards are stacked against me...I can't get off of work, and I can't find a babysitter...oh well...please let me know how Matthew is!!

Sponsor me as I walk the Philadelphia AIDS Walk - Sunday, October 16, 2011. Many of our friends, family and neighbors are in desperate need of health care services and other life-saving programs, but with cutbacks in government dollars , these programs are often under-funded. Now, more than ever, your donations are needed to support organizations providing HIV/AIDS awareness, prevention education, counseling and testing and care services for people living with HIV/AIDS. http://www.aidswalkphilly.org/users/index.php/profile/detail/186643

OasisBroadway
#12re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/23/06 at 1:49pm

Is there also standing room? Is it sold at the same time as student rush? Do people line up this early for that as well?

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#13re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/23/06 at 2:02pm

I'd wait a couple of months and probably it will be easy to get student tix for this show again. I bought my student rush ticket about 5 mins before the show started, before the Tonys.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

IheartJ-TAGS Profile Photo
IheartJ-TAGS
#14re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 12:30am

what time do they sell tickets for an 8pm show. I am going on Thursday. I really wanted to see it this weekend with an u/s but I don't get off work till 6 and can't find someone to stand in line for me

jerseyboyslover
#15re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 1:13am

I'd stand in line for you if I lived in New York!

IheartJ-TAGS
#16re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 1:15am

Thanks for the offer. I tried to get my roomie to stand in for me. I even offered to stand in line until I had to go to work at 1. boo!

LooLu
#17re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 1:20am

Are any of the boys supposed to be out on Thursday or Friday? I know a few were out over the weekend. I'd love the see the show with all four of them present.

IheartJ-TAGS
#18re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 1:22am

JLY is out June 30- Jul 3. Other than that I don't think there will be any of them out.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#19re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 9:21am

i may try and see the show on Friday...SRO

hushpuppy Profile Photo
hushpuppy
#20re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 4:48pm

Withoutatrace: Please let us know what time the 10th person gets on line for SRO

'Our whole family shouts. It comes from us livin' so close to the railroad tracks'

IheartJ-TAGS
#21re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 5:17pm

I am doing Student Rush for tomorrow nights show. I've only ever done matinee rush there. Does anyone know about what time I should get there for the evening. I know they go on sale around 4 or 4:30. I thought about noon maybe???

wicked_mimi
#22re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/28/06 at 8:20pm

one o'clock tends to be ok for 8 shows....

swimming17 Profile Photo
swimming17
#23re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/29/06 at 5:49pm

Hey, I had a question about Jersey Boys rush, but I didn't want to start a new thread since we have so many. Also I searched but didn't find this, so I hope this is ok.

I've looked at talkinbroadway.com, this site, the official site, and the rush policy only lists the times that tickets go on sale for 2 o'clock, 3 o'clock, and 8 o'clock shows. I wanted to rush a Tuesday and those shows start at 7 o'clock, so I was wondering, does anyone know what time rush tickets go on sale for them? Ok, thanks!

popular_elphie
#24re: Jersey Boys rush post-Tonys
Posted: 6/29/06 at 7:17pm

They go on sale at 3:30pm for 7pm shows, swimming.