pixeltracker

MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?

MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?

bundy5000 Profile Photo
bundy5000
#1MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:51am

Type exactly
"Gimme Gimme Gimme (A Man After Midnight) Mamma Mia The Movie"

in youtube and watch Amanda Seyfried gracefully sing Gimmie Gimmie gimme. while watching Maryl Streep cannonball off a dock

All That Jazz was became a singles hit on the Music Charts back when VH1 showed top 10 or 20 singles of the week. Will we see any Mamma Mia Singles on the charts this upcoming months?

Herbie: "Honey, Don't you know there's a depression?"
Rose: "Of Course I know, I Watch Fox News"
-(modified)Gypsy
Broadway Schedule
December 5th- Hamilton, On Your Feet
December 19th- Noises Off, Edith Piaf Concert at Town Hall

choitoy Profile Photo
choitoy
#2re: MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:56am

I guess they are trying to capitalize on the song since a lot of people will recognize the flute and the beat from Madonna's "Hung Up", since she sampled it. ABBA could be like "Hey, let's get the original version (well... via Amanda and the Mamma Mia movie) out there again".

Xanadu! Can't cry on cue!

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#2re: MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:58am

How adorable is Amanda Seyfried?
The movie looks exquisite.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

broadwayjim42
#3re: MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:16pm

Maybe something on the digital charts for downloads or Adult Contemporary if they choose to active release something as a single, but in terms of the Hot 100 or the major singles charts, probably not.

The original "Gimme Gimme Gimme" never charted here...in fact, I'm not sure if was ever released as a single in America...think the label went with "Chiquitita" instead.

EponineAmneris Profile Photo
EponineAmneris
#4re: MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?
Posted: 6/22/08 at 12:58pm

For what it's worth, my local softrock/adult contemporary station has been playing the original ABBA songs ALLLL the time lately. No doubt for the movie re: MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?

"TO LOVE ANOTHER PERSON IS TO SEE THE FACE OF GOD"- LES MISERABLES--- "THERE'S A SPECIAL KIND OF PEOPLE KNOWN AS SHOW PEOPLE... WE'RE BORN EVERY NIGHT AT HALF HOUR CALL!"--- CURTAINS

lotiloti Profile Photo
lotiloti
#5re: MammaMia Movie singles make it to the charts?
Posted: 6/22/08 at 2:02pm

This will put Movie musicals, firmly back in the closet. I thought it was dreadful!