Addams Family

TheKryptoniteKid Profile Photo
TheKryptoniteKid
#25Addams Family
Posted: 7/31/11 at 6:08pm

On Friday night at the Eagle Bar in L.A., I met Kevin Chamberlin, who played Uncle Fester. Great guy.
Updated On: 8/2/11 at 06:08 PM

binau Profile Photo
binau
#26Addams Family
Posted: 8/1/11 at 1:55pm

I saw this show recently with Roger Rees and Brooke Shields...overall it is a fun show, the first act a lot more fun than the second. Morticia is such a thankless role, though. I will feel sad if anyone notable wastes their time with this role.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#27Addams Family
Posted: 8/27/11 at 10:09am

The Eagle Bar KryptoniteKid ?

TheKryptoniteKid
#28Addams Family
Posted: 8/27/11 at 11:50pm

Yes, it's a gay bar in L.A.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#29Addams Family
Posted: 10/5/11 at 8:46am

Bump. So what is the word on auditions?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#30Addams Family
Posted: 10/11/11 at 11:11pm

The show that some of us saw on Broadway will not be the version presented here. The north American tour opened with a new book and score. With more changes to come.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

binau Profile Photo
binau
#31Addams Family
Posted: 10/12/11 at 3:36am

Oh. Well that definitely makes me more interested to catch it again. Thanks for that update.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TheKryptoniteKid
#32Addams Family
Posted: 10/12/11 at 3:47pm

We may see this show when we're in Manhattan in December.

rosscoe(au)
#33Addams Family
Posted: 10/13/11 at 1:13pm

Go see it, its a fun night in the theatre

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

TheKryptoniteKid
#34Addams Family
Posted: 10/13/11 at 7:37pm

As far as I can tell, it's the ONLY show playing on Christmas Eve (a 2pm matinee).

binau Profile Photo
binau
#35Addams Family
Posted: 10/16/11 at 5:42pm

FOLLIES is also playing at that time...I would recommend it over THE ADDAMS FAMILY (or perhaps any other show on Broadway at the moment :P).

TheKryptoniteKid
#36Addams Family
Posted: 10/25/11 at 8:10pm

We are seeing FOLLIES -- front row. I was just saying that IF we decide to see a show on Christmas Eve, the ONLY option is ADDAMS FAMILY because nothing else is playing. I suspect everyone is using the day to get home to their families and to prepare for Christmas Day.

buffyanya
#37Addams Family
Posted: 11/9/11 at 5:21pm

Isnt the role of Mortisha going to be played my Marina Prior? i so hope this is correct i love her and me and my frined call her "The Prior" lol, wish it was coming sooner the 2013 though! but it needs to be Marina Prior she would be perfect for the role!

TheKryptoniteKid
#38Addams Family
Posted: 11/9/11 at 5:38pm

I think Caroline O'Connor would be ideal but I have no objection to Marina.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#39Addams Family
Posted: 11/11/11 at 8:57am

I'd object to Marina Prior as she CAN'T DO COMEDY!!! John Waters has been offered Gomez.

TheKryptoniteKid
#40Addams Family
Posted: 11/12/11 at 8:38am

I love John Waters. HAIRSPRAY is my favourite. He even looks like Gomez with than pencil-thin moustache.

rosscoe(au)
#41Addams Family
Posted: 1/5/12 at 11:01pm

^^^

Wrong John Waters

http://www.johnwaters.com.au/

TheKryptoniteKid
#42Addams Family
Posted: 1/12/12 at 7:27am

I know. I was just seeing if anyone would take the bait :)

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#43Addams Family
Posted: 1/27/12 at 7:49am

Things have gone very quiet on this. Is it still happening? Maybe the Broadway production closing and so so box office returns of the U.S. tour have had an effect on the local outlook.

rosscoe(au)
#44Addams Family
Posted: 2/12/12 at 7:37pm

The Sydney season will be limited to around 18 to 20 weeks as that turd of a show The Lion King reopens at the Capitol in DEC 2013

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#45Addams Family
Posted: 2/14/12 at 9:04pm

Wise. Finally local producers are realising that you can't play a show for 9-12 months in Sydney or Melbourne. Next we have to make them realise we just don't want to sit up the back in 2,200 seat theatres and pay $140 for the privilage.

chewy5000 Profile Photo
chewy5000
#46Addams Family
Posted: 2/15/12 at 2:42am

The Regent is the worst. B reserve for the 4 rows at the back of the balcony. And it's barely cheaper than A reserve.

And since when was row S at Her Maj considered A reserve?

rosscoe(au)
#47Addams Family
Posted: 2/15/12 at 3:08am

Chewy, was that for A Chorus Line?

Alter, glad to see as well they are going back to limited 3-6 month runs.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#48Addams Family
Posted: 2/24/12 at 1:17am

rosscoe, finally common sense has prevailed.

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#49Addams Family
Posted: 2/24/12 at 1:17am

rosscoe, finally common sense has prevailed.

Videos