pixeltracker

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four- Page 112

The Raúl E. Esparza "Spread the Love" Thread, Part Four

orangeskittles Profile Photo
orangeskittles
#2775The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 1:16am

Actually he has Sutton Foster and Roger Bart facing each other on his thighs.

Like a firework unexploded
Wanting life but never knowing how
Updated On: 5/5/10 at 01:16 AM

luvtheEmcee Profile Photo
luvtheEmcee
#2776The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 1:17am

I will now be having nightmares.

A work of art is an invitation to love.

orangeskittles
#2777The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 1:20am

I swear there is a guy with Sutton Foster's face on his arm. He got her to sign next to it at the stagedoor, then had her signature tattooed on as well.

luvtheEmcee
#2778The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 1:37am

.... best idea ever?

wonkit
#2779The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/5/10 at 11:02am

After seeing that photo, I'm feeling unwell, and need to go lie down -

wonkit
#2780The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/7/10 at 11:55am

To change the subject -

Does anyone have Raul on their radar for an appearance in New York before he heads West for LEAP OF FAITH?

luvtheEmcee
#2781The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/7/10 at 12:12pm

Not that I have heard of, but I'm hoping for something. They start rehearsals in June or July here, but they don't actually leave for LA until August. I would not bet on him doing too much else during that rehearsal process though, not with that score! Twelfth Night was nominated for a bunch of Drama Desks, though, so I wouldn't be surprised if he perhaps presented again.

wonkit
#2782The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/7/10 at 3:16pm

Thanks, emcee! I had kind of overlooked the Drama Desk noms.

luvtheEmcee
#2783The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/7/10 at 5:16pm

Hem was nominated, as were Hamish Linklater and Anne Hathaway, and I think there was one more thing, but I can't remember.

luvtheEmcee
#2784The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/7/10 at 6:52pm

Ironically, I just read that he's going to be in a reading of McNally's "Golden Age" at MTC, but it doesn't appear to be open to the public. Bummer, 'cause I'd love to see this play, Raul or no Raul. I seriously thought about going to the Kennedy Center to see it with Kudisch and Carlson.

wonkit
#2785The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/7/10 at 7:54pm

I loved the Hem music, and glad to see them nominated. And Anne and Hamish, too, of course.

Chrysanthemum62001
#2786The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/8/10 at 1:43am

*sighs* Hamish Linklater... Can't wait to see him again this year.

Golden Age?! Exciting. I almost saw it in DC as well. It just sounded so good. Do you know which character he's doing in the reading? I'm curious.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

luvtheEmcee
#2787The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/8/10 at 1:51am

No idea. It's just mentioned in passing in this piece on Nina Arianda, who's doing the reading as well:

http://www.playbill.com/playblog/2010/05/nina-arianda-has-woody-allen-vera-farmiga-and-golden-age-in-her-future/

orangeskittles
#2788The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/8/10 at 12:40pm

I did see Golden Age at the Kennedy Center and really liked it. I'd love to see it again, and with Raul, I'd definitely make the trip if it were open to the public. It does seem a bit odd that after two runs, they would revert back to an industry-only workshop.

I guess Raul would be Bellini. I don't think they would highlight him specifically if he were just the baritone who shoves bananas down his tights (beside the fact he doesn't need one and he's not a baritone). Michael Urie as Florimo would make sense. I wonder who the rest of the cast would be.

wonkit
#2789The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/8/10 at 3:38pm

The article says that McNally substantially re-wrote the play, so that might explain going behind closed doors again to see if the revisions work. What I wouldn't do to be a fly on the wall at that reading!

luvtheEmcee
#2790The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/8/10 at 4:27pm

just the baritone who shoves bananas down his tights (beside the fact he doesn't need one and he's not a baritone).

I was reading this on the bus. Thank you for that.

wonkit
#2791The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/15/10 at 8:49pm

So Raul is doing a reprise of BABALU in Florida in July? That is going to be one hot audience!

andi1235
#2792The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/18/10 at 4:23pm

Anyone know anything about this song? http://soundcloud.com/lancehorne/01-kiss-you-goodbye-raul-esparza

I got it in a Google Alert, and I want to know where this was recorded. I sent a message to the uploader (I guess Lance Horne...), but I wondered if anyone else could fill me in. I can't find information about the song ANYWHERE!

luvtheEmcee
#2793The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/18/10 at 6:21pm

Well, that's certainly not something I need to hear ever again. I'm sorry, but I couldn't even make it through half the song.

All I know is that Lance Horne is a composer whose name is semi-familiar to me, but I can't figure out why and looking at his website didn't help me place it. I guess I've just heard his name around since he's had his stuff performed some recently. But yeah, not too compelled to find out more based on that, from the song and from Raul's singing. Ouch.

wonkit
Hest882 Profile Photo
Hest882
#2795The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/19/10 at 1:18am

Hm. Well, at least he sounds like he's having a good time.

Chrysanthemum62001
#2796The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/20/10 at 4:10am

That's so awesome! Aah, I love the idea of Raul working with him. I've met Lance Horne several times, always when I went to Alan Cumming's cabaret. He's a great pianist and arranger, and I love the idea of Raul collaberating with him. Shall I let myself dare to dream that he, if anyone, could convince Raul to do a cabaret?

As for the song, I couldn't listen. It's cool, and as much as I am curious about Raul's creative process from song learning to the final product, after the first few seconds I decided it was a bit *too* raw for my ears.

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

humbugfoto Profile Photo
humbugfoto
#2797The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/31/10 at 10:38pm

Here's what Raul is doing for the Fourth of July.
OPAS 3rd Annual Blast

Sarcasm is an allergic reaction to stupid people.

Chrysanthemum62001
#2798The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 5/31/10 at 11:18pm

Georgia!! I am *so* rediculously tempted.

Updated On: 5/31/10 at 11:18 PM

wonkit
#2799The Raul E. Esparza 'Spread The Love' Thread, Part Four
Posted: 6/4/10 at 9:24pm

How neat! Wish I were anywhere in the vicinity for this. Anyone going?

And I won't be seeing him in NYC on June21st either, as I have tickets for TITANIC that night.

Darn it -

Videos