pixeltracker

Can The Adults Please Smoke? 37 and Looking Damn Fine.....- Page 169

Can The Adults Please Smoke? 37 and Looking Damn Fine.....

Bluemoon
#4200Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/23/14 at 9:35am

Good grief! I'm Scottish, too - should I ditch the ham for a spatchcock? That sounds deliciously dirty.

It's a cold, rainy day here. Shopping, baking, shopping, baking. Rinse and repeat.

Bluemoon
#4201Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/23/14 at 9:37am

OK, just read about spatchcocked birds. What a lot of work!

SonofMammaMiaSam Profile Photo
SonofMammaMiaSam
#4202Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/23/14 at 9:42am

But you avoid those nasty oven fires.

YouWantitWhen???? Profile Photo
YouWantitWhen????
#4203Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/23/14 at 9:50am

My cleaning crew left my oven light on - I think it was in solidarity with Mooney's oven.

Happy day before Christmas Eve - may all of your gift be bought and all of your ovens working.

Bluemoon
#4204Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/23/14 at 9:51am

Oven's good again. Thorough cleaning and new heating coils. Now I'm paranoid about grease.

SonofMammaMiaSam
#4205Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/23/14 at 9:54am

Mine survived the red velvet cupcakes last night but still has to take on the puff pastry hors d'oeuvres tonight.

YouWantitWhen????
#4206Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/23/14 at 10:03am

I think the last time I actually used my proper oven was when my sister was in town for Thanksgiving and used it to keep the waffles warm.

Living alone that convection oven comes in handy-though come New Year's Eve, watch out!

And SOMMS - yuuuummm.

brdlwyr
#4207Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/23/14 at 1:59pm

The oven is used almost daily. We are a 50's house in terms of dinner. Cook and bake all the time. Brownies, mince pies and hopefully apple pie tonight. Some of our best friends coming over for cocktail hour after work!

Ordered a FF))F)F) ATT phone for C16 which I thought would arrive today! Might arrive tomorrow!

SonofMammaMiaSam
#4208Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/24/14 at 9:06am

Merry Christmas Eve, framily! I'm heading to the land of zero technology (aka, the parents). Yay for cell phones. If it gets too bad I'm dropping in on the cuz. Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#4209Dreary Tuesday - Holiday Extravaganza Cont'd
Posted: 12/24/14 at 9:25am

Merry Christmas to my favorite bunch of adults.

Bluemoon
#4210It's Christmas Eve y'all!
Posted: 12/24/14 at 9:57am

I get inordinately excited when I see PJ posting in the Adult Smoking thread!

Peace and joy to you, PJ and to Pal Joey's Pal, too! Love you guys!

Pumpkin bread (yes, GF) is in the oven and all the gifts are wrapped. The house looks and smells like Christmas! Going downtown later this morning to visit the National Museum of Women in the Arts. The exhibit we're seeing carries a warning: "Some works included in this exhibit are by male artists." Um...yes, like Botticelli. I'm good with that.

YouWantitWhen????
#4211Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/24/14 at 9:58am

It is Christmas Eve Day! Ladies and Gentleman (said very loosely with this crowd) - start your ovens!

Ho Ho Ho!

Bluemoon
#4212Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:02am

Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!

My wish for all who enter here!

ALittleNorthofKansas Profile Photo
ALittleNorthofKansas
#4213Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/24/14 at 12:21pm

Merry Christmas! All the best for a prosperous 2015.

brdlwyr
#4214Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/24/14 at 1:05pm

Happy Holidays to all adults! And to remember those Adults who have passed or left us!

Present purchased and Vegn Holiday Wellington and ribeye roast ready to go tomorrow!

I have not expressed on this but I am juist giddy about Into the Woods!

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#4215Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/24/14 at 10:22pm

The Merriest of Christmases and a Blessed New Year to all my dear Adults!

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

YouWantitWhen????
#4216Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/25/14 at 12:45am

Happiest of Holidays Hep!

Back from Into the Woods. I must admit other than a few songs, I have little to no familiarity with the source musical (though I have it on DVD, I refrained from watching it). I thought it was pretty darn good!

JbaraFan1
#4217Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/25/14 at 12:01pm

Merry Christmas / Happy Holidays to all!

Here's something my husband showed me on Slate. Couldn't help but think of the board's own JerseyGirl2 and her wife, the latter of whom I wonder if this was a tradition in her family growing up. Seems like a crazy tradition, but in the best sort of way. :) I mean, they're not even (except for "only a couple") Christmas cartoons. Love it!

(At this moment a VHS copy of Elmer Fudd's School of Hard Knocks is playing on our TV, so there ya go.)
Sweden's bizarre tradition of watching Donald Duck (Kalle Anka) cartoons on Christmas Eve

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#4218Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/25/14 at 12:54pm

Merry Christmas!

Just back from an early morning screening of "Into The Woods."

I. Loved. It.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

YouWantitWhen????
#4219Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/25/14 at 1:51pm

It's a holiday miracle!

gettinhep Profile Photo
gettinhep
#4220Christmas Eve Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/25/14 at 3:19pm

Can't wait to go 'Into the Woods', too, Deet.

Hmm, has anyone seen After Eight and Elizabeth Vincentelli in the same room together? Wow, such vehement loathing!

'Try not to have a good time...this is supposed to be educational.' - Lucy Van Pelt

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#4221Boxing Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/26/14 at 7:11am

Mornin'

Hep, no one's seen After Eight with anyone, because it doesn't exist outside of a hoity-toity box of cheap chocolate covered mints.

Elizabeth Vincentelli, on the other hand, writes for The Post. 'nuff said on that subject, too.

Happy Boxing Day!

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

SonofMammaMiaSam
#4222Boxing Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/26/14 at 7:33am

Good morning from the house of the perpetual sauna. I've lost ten pounds. #coldoldpeople

Bluemoon
#4223Boxing Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/26/14 at 12:21pm

All that heat and no internet? Family is family....

Happy Boxing Day y'all! I just watched the Christmas episode of Downton Abbey that aired last night in the UK. Made me happy and feeling a bit Brit now.

Christmas Day was lovely, though I think I'm too old to stay up for Midnight Mass. Getting to bed at 2:00am and then up at 7:00am wore me out. We saw Into the Woods last evening and LOVED IT!!! My mother also saw it with some friends yesterday and she hated it. I don't think she understood what was going on "They just kept SINGING and then some people died, then THEY SANG SOME MORE!! Made no sense whatsoever."

Updated On: 12/28/14 at 12:21 PM

brdlwyr
#4224Boxing Day - Happy Holidays Adults!
Posted: 12/27/14 at 3:03pm

Mrs Brd and I loved it! Blunt, Corden, Streep were excellent. Gavroche and Little Red - fantastic! Princes were appropriately campy.

Best present - Mrs. Brd had our friend who is an artist paint my childhood Rooster on old barn boards - perfect arts and crafts painting for kitchen. Many CoK jokes, but seriously my favorite gift!

Inlaws on their to DC but both boyfriends will be around.

Maximum Thread Size of 5,000 Messages Reached
Please Start a New Thread!

Videos