pixeltracker

Giorgio Moroder's new song- Page 2

Giorgio Moroder's new song

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#25Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 3/19/15 at 11:19pm

Obviously she will still get a contract somewhere--I'm not worried. Reportedly she was very unhappy with the relatively (for her,) low budget ofher current tour and the fact that they wanted her to up her ticket prices (I feel like I should make a Madonna comment here.)

I'm not really worried at all. When she went to an indie dance label after leaving PWL in the 90s it was far riskier--especially as they wanted to market her as cutting edge. This should be an easier transition--and are we surprised by the fact she's disappointed with a relatively cheap tour (when her tours have been doing so well,) and the zero promotion for her album?

And I agree that her live vocals on the Donna Summer songs are *ace* better than ever.

VeraCharles3 Profile Photo
VeraCharles3
#26Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 3/20/15 at 4:25am

OMMFG - Kylie sings Donna!!!!!! Wow. Thank you Eric for posting that link.

It seems Kylie told the HeraldSun that she has left her label

http://popdust.com/2015/03/12/kylie-minogue-parlophone-split/

The link is to Popdust and mentions her small film role and a 2 episode sitcom stint - never heard of Emily Osment's Young and Hungry.

Anyway, I think leaving Parlophone is the best move Kylie can make, their promotion of her music has been appalling. Always releasing poor 1st singles and then nothing!

She deserves better. I am very positive about this new EP. She works hard and will come back better and stronger - sorry, I am now sounding like a third rate life coach

EricMontreal22
#27Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 3/20/15 at 4:44am

I agree. Obviously her success will not be on the same level it was mainstream wise. I appreciate that she seems fine with that.

VeraCharles3
#28Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 3/20/15 at 5:04am

Kylie is a big name - surely I am not just a deluded gay man?

I don't see why she won't sign with another big label. She is with Warners in Australia. I think tours are important to her so I think that will be factored in when she is looking for a new label.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#29Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 3/20/15 at 1:10pm

I know this was a Giorgio thread, then a Kylie thread, but now it's Chic's turn.
Great new video!

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

EricMontreal22
#30Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 3/20/15 at 1:37pm

She will get a record contract no prob--not sure how big it will be, but...

I LOVE the return of Chic! I could do with less of the woman in her underwear, but that campy objectification of course was a big part of the disco era (maybe I'm just jealous of her pantsuit...)

Updated On: 3/20/15 at 01:37 PM

VeraCharles3
#31Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/10/15 at 9:25am

Can you believe this is Kylie?

http://www.idolator.com/7588041/kylie-minogue-channels-marlene-dietrich-sorbet-magazine-cover

Didn't start a new thread, hope it's ok putting the link on here!

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#32Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/10/15 at 2:59pm

Oh wow.  Is that only done via makeup and lighting?  That's pretty impressive.  

EricMontreal22
#33Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/16/15 at 5:37pm

New single with Sia!  I love it--unabashedly cheesy.  http://www.songsupdate.com/2015/04/giorgio-moroder-ft-sia-deja-vu-full.html

EricMontreal22
#34Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/16/15 at 5:39pm

And tracklist (yes, Britney is doing a Suzanne Vega cover.) 

01 4 U With Love
02 Déjà Vu [ft. Sia]
03 Diamonds [ft. Charli XCX]
04 Don’t Let Go [ft. Mikky Ekko]
05 Right Here, Right Now [ft. Kylie Minogue]
06 Tempted [ft. Matthew Koma]
07 74 is the New 24
08 Tom’s Diner [ft. Britney Spears]
09 Wildstar [ft. Foxes]
10 Back and Forth [ft. Kelis]
11 I Do This For You [ft. Marlene]
12 La Disco

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#35Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/16/15 at 11:48pm

Is this the final mix?  Feels a bit unfinished.  Also, did Sia have a big spoonful of Skippy right before recording the song?  

EricMontreal22
#36Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/17/15 at 12:48am

Not sure since it's not an official release yet.  Sia is always intelligible.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#37Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 5:11am

Yeah... she may never have been the queen of annunciation, but this is on a different level.  It's a most deliberate - and in my opinion - supremely annoying affectation.  Also, I'm clearly old now as the only names I recognize on that tracklist are Kylie, Britney, Sia and Kelis.  

ETA:

Oh, wait.  I know who Charli XCX.  Kind of. 

EricMontreal22
#38Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 4:40pm

I think I've seen Carli on SNL?  And didn't think much of her...

I do know Matthew Kona because he does vocals for a lot of demos and seems to have a good voice for dance music.  Can't really say much else, though.  And Marlene is huge in France--I know two of her songs.

Re Sia--I dunno.  I don't play her much (though I loved Breathe Me back in the day,) so know her more for writing for Kylie, etc, but the songs I know with her vocals from the radio I couldn't tell you the lyrics of either (Elastic Heart, Titanium, Chandelier...)

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#39Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 5:24pm

Yeah, maybe you're right.  I haven't been a big fan of her newer work, so I'm hardly an authority on Sia's present day vocals.  

So, I'm kinda digging this extended mix of "Right Here, Right Now".  Even more 70s..

EricMontreal22
#40Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 5:37pm

It says not available when I try to play.  Cry Giorgio Moroder's new song  I love extended versions.

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#41Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 5:48pm

Weird.  Maybe geo-restricted?  Try using the "Hola" extension for Firefox or Chrome and selecting the US as your region.  

EricMontreal22
#42Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 6:42pm

You are so smart :)

I wonder if Moroder did the mix?  Back in the day the singles were nearly always edits of longer versions--I always preferred the 12" of the Bad Girls single Walk Away which had extra vocals or of course the full version of Blondie's Call Me (which lyrically makes a BIT more sense lol )

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#43Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 6:46pm

Yeah, not sure if it's solely his effort.  I don't get the impression Moroder is doing anything completely on his own these days and, frankly, that's fine with me and probably smart for him.  I love extended mixes as well.  

Updated On: 4/18/15 at 06:46 PM

EricMontreal22
#44Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 7:10pm

From the credits, I think nearly all the tracks are co-productions.  Which, as you say, I think makes sense.

Hell, back in his key 1977-1980 years he kinda had a an exec role anyway--with Donna Summer alone, the brilliantly camp Once Upon a Time album was mostly done with Bob Esty (except for the completely electro 2nd side of the four sides,) and yet it is by far Esty's best work.  And then Bad Girls it's the same with Harold Faltermeyer--one thing that made Moroder at his peak, brilliant was who he chose to work with and how he would filter and edit out their lesser work.  I think some modern fans get mad when that's pointed out, but really that's no different from the way most of the best pop music has been always made. 

Jay Lerner-Z
#45Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/18/15 at 8:25pm

Oh, wait.  I know who Charli XCX.  Kind of. 

I think I've seen Carli on SNL?  And didn't think much of her...

Charli XCX is definitely worth a second look. Her recent album, Sucker, is jam-packed with poptastic hits, and her first album is pretty great too. She was the featured vocalist on Icona Pop's "I Love It", and her song Boom Clap featured on the Fault In Our Stars soundtrack...but don't let either of those things put you off.

Go on, give her a listen. If she's good enough for Giorgio...

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$
Updated On: 4/24/15 at 08:25 PM

VeraCharles3
#46Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/19/15 at 6:39am

Jay - I always think you have great taste but I loathe Charli XCX - her name alone annoys me - how shallow am I? But I will give the links a listen on your say so.

Eric - Foxes and Kelis should be interesting.

HorseTears and Eric - I love a 12 inch (cheeky!!!) the extended mix of MacArthur Park that has the following lyrics

"There would be another song for me, For I will sing it There would be another dream for me, Someone will bring it I will drink the wine while it is warm And never let you catch me looking at the sun...And after all the loves of my life Oh, after all the loves of my life, I'll be thinking of you - and wondering why"

Really makes the song even more beautiful. And when I hear that bit I always need to listen to "Now I Need You"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys_bJP57KlU

Disco Heaven

VeraCharles3
#47Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/19/15 at 6:45am

PS You three boys have good taste!

I posted about this band on another thread but no one replied Giorgio Moroder's new song

Years and Years - lead singer is the actor Olly Alexande. I love them - maybe too much!!!

What do you guys think?

Real

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3T2RnTBp_4

King

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g_uoH6hJilc

EricMontreal22
#48Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/19/15 at 1:35pm

Vera--the "There will be another song for me..." bit is from the Jimmy Webb original song.  I LOVE it and it shocks me that it wasn't on the radio edit.  When I got to see Donna twice in 2008 (and man am I glad I splurged and saw her twice,) she sang the long version of Mac Park both times which thrilled me, since I had read that on nights that she wasn't "feeling it" she would just do the short version.  But that bit makes the song for me.

A friend actually posted Years and Years - King on my FB wall last week!  I really like it--I'll have to look into the band.

Jay Lerner-Z
#49Giorgio Moroder's new song
Posted: 4/19/15 at 3:09pm

Yeah, I liked it too...they were on Graham Norton (BBC America) last night. I missed it, but it's re-run at 2am tonight or something. The other song you linked didn't make as an immediate impression, but I'll give it another go!

Videos