pixeltracker

Brendan Stryker: The Memorial Service- Page 2

Brendan Stryker: The Memorial Service

FindingNamo
#25re: Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:05pm

Only two pall bearers. He never liked to burden people.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

SweetQintheLights
#26re: Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:07pm

"I'm confused. I'm reading the thread and laughing my @$$ off ,but now I feel bad. Is Brendan really dead? What's going on?"

Ditto!

Can someone please tell us how this became 'official,' that is, if it really is official or we are just ASSuming.

"How bout a little black dress?"~hannahshule "I have a penis, not a vagina." ~munkustrap178

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#27re: Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:09pm

He's not dead. "He" has been logging on, whoever he is. Based on the info anyone had here, "Brendan Stryker" never existed.
Now, I baked a caserole, where should I put it? I am southern, we do that.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

FindingNamo
#28re: Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:10pm

You snooze, you lose Q. You missed the official announcement.

Brendan Stryker is indeed dead and that is why I started this heartfelt memorial thread.

theatrebabe
#29re: Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:25pm

Ok, good. I was about to kill myself for laughing at this.

"While some feel it is a film related question, I seem to think it may be a 'I am thinking of losing my winkie' sort of question."
-cheezedoodle

Kringas
#30re: Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:28pm

Suicides don't get memorial threads. Or a place in heaven.

I'm just sayin'.

"How do you like THAT 'misanthropic panache,' Mr. Goldstone?" - PalJoey

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#31re: Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:30pm

Rumor has it that while driving home from Namo's New Year's Eve party, the truck that Brendan was driving got a flat tire. He was pumping up the flat out on a back road when the tire blew up. The bead was damaged somehow and the force of the explosion slammed the rim into his face, broke his nose and jaw and knocked him unconscious on his back. By the time someone came along he had drowned in his own blood.

That’s the story I heard, anyway.

What a truly tragic end for such a beloved poster.

May he rest in peace.

Updated On: 1/14/06 at 04:30 PM

FindingNamo
#32re: Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:36pm

Somewhere, Beergoggles just made two delicate, barely perceptible squeaks.

papalovesmambo Profile Photo
papalovesmambo
#33stryker...a devil in sheep's guts or haggis on the half shell
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:38pm

i met brendan back in ’83 when he was working both sides against the middle down south of the border in gritty little towns nobody wants to talk about any more. he was going by the name max power then and had a scary rep among the shadow folk who don’t exist but somehow manage to always be where the blood is flowing.

seems max, wow it’s so hard to get used to calling him brendan, had deals going with just about everyone just about everywhere. if you wanted guns, he was your guy. marching powder to get the troops through a long night’s slaughter? no problemo. the whereabouts of anyone from the head of the latest junta to the president’s daughter? just ask max, uh, brendan.

he was the most popular and at the same time hated man i ever knew. he could arrange a deal for three dozen stingers for fmln, pocket their money and take a finder’s fee for turning them in to duarte’s men, turn around and swell the same stingers to the sandanistas. he had no principles then save for the pursuit of cash. i was sure he’d never make it out of there alive with the callous way he toyed with the lives of others.

i lost touch with him after ’85 but heard scattered reports that he was in afghanistan working his tightrope game between the sovs, the mujahadeen and the cia. figures. he was never one for the coca, but had a mean thirst for the dragon.

a friend caught up with him in thailand in ’98. evidently he’d retired there. but the friend didn’t think that our brendan was the retiring type. he was sure he’d gotten into running some back room mauy thai or maybe he was still using his mountain folk for a pipeline to run junk. didn’t matter. he said he looked tired then.

i was shocked to bump into him in ’03 at the opening night party for taboo. he recognized me and was quick about making small talk before disappearing into the vip room with riedel. so much for george’s sobriety.

when he surfaced on bww sporting a new face, it was no big surprise. i can still remember him hanging half out the backdoor of a chinook wailing his way through the entire score of follies as we were headed into el mozote.

to hear he’s gone is no surprise either. fly on, brendan, or max, or whoever the hell you were or are. there’s whiskey in the jar.

r.i.p. marco, my guardian angel.

...global warming can manifest itself as heat, cool, precipitation, storms, drought, wind, or any other phenomenon, much like a shapeshifter. -- jim geraghty

pray to st. jude

i'm a sonic reducer

he was the gimmicky sort

fenchurch=mejusthavingfun=magwildwood=mmousefan=bkcollector=bradmajors=somethingtotalkabout: the fenchurch mpd collective

Dollypop
#34stryker...a devil in sheep's guts or haggis on the half shell
Posted: 1/14/06 at 4:47pm

stryker...a devil in sheep's guts or haggis on the half shell

The incessant weeping from the back of St. Internet's Chapel is from me.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 1/14/06 at 04:47 PM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#35Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:12pm

If he's still logging on, he'll end up posting. He's too narcissistic to resist.

AbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
#36Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:16pm

luscious i think you're mistaken. i heard he was on his way home from a babysitting job when he heard a noise in the back of his car. the clown who was living in the families attic for 3 years snuck into his car and caused him to swearve off the road when he popped up from the back seat.
just sayin what i heard.

Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#37Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 6:28pm

Edited because I didn't know we couldn't post lyrics.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 1/14/06 at 06:28 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#38Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 9:44pm

Is there DSL in Hell?

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#39Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 9:46pm

he had such a negative streak in him, that I think it all got to him. I think he just got so negative, that he fought and argued with himself, and eventually murdered himself. Sad....so sad.

I would, however like to be on a desert island with whoever those pictures REALLY belonged to....

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Dollypop
#40Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:07pm

(Even if those pictures were really of Mr. Roxy?)

Elphaba Profile Photo
Elphaba
#41Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:09pm

even Dear Dolly, if they were of you! ;oP

It is ridiculous to set a detective story in New York City. New York City is itself a detective story... AGATHA CHRISTIE, Life magazine, May 14, 1956

Dollypop
#42Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:13pm

Oh, my dear! Too bad I'm spoken for...and he's coming home tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dollypop
#43Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:17pm

Now, back to the service:

Shhhh...

Yenta is up there singing a lovely Israeli Folk Song. Plum is the only one who understnad it. She tells us it has something to do with thrashing wheat. Many of us wonder if it's appropriate....

Dollypop
#44Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:24pm

Oh no! It seems that Corine2 has shown up. It must be Corine. Who else would come to a memorial service dressed in a red sequined muu muu and orthopedic go-go boots? She's carrying a bottle of Alize in her left hand.

Updated On: 1/14/06 at 10:24 PM

The Grovers Corners Yenta2
#45Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:35pm

It is a beautiful song in Hebrew that I wrote in memory of Brendan during the summer he worke on BWW Kibbutz in Isreael. He thrashed wheat shirtless in the blazing Israeli sun. It just brings tears to my eyes.

#46Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:36pm

It is a beautiful song in Hebrew that I wrote in memory of Brendan during the summer he worke on BWW Kibbutz in Isreael. He thrashed wheat shirtless in the blazing Israeli sun. It just brings tears to my eyes.

Dollypop
#47Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:37pm

(BWW has a kibbutz in Israel?)

Dollypop
#48Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:39pm

Curiosity question:

Can we have a kibbutz anywhere other than Israel? I mean, I can't imagine one existing on the Van Wyk Expressway. Can you?

#49Brendan Stryker: The Feodor Sverdlov Connection
Posted: 1/14/06 at 10:40pm

The Israeli government built it just so Brendon could thresh wheat shirtless as the strong Israeli sun beat down upon his tanned rippling muscles. My, it is getting hot in here!

Videos